Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 11:47 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,426,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It's a shame, isn't it? If people would just read what God's Word says and go with it....none of this would happen. Stand on the Bible, not our own opinions.
It depends on how you interpret things that have been said?

Old 03-03-2019, 11:53 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,072,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I'm sorry, but there is no verse in the Bible that affirms that sin is good, or that our churches should affirm it. Nor is there even a passage or verse that can be reasonably "interpreted" to mean that. It clearly states homosexual acts are sin, and it condemns those that turn from the natural to lust for the unnatural in Romans 1.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
It's a shame, isn't it? If people would just read what God's Word says and go with it....none of this would happen. Stand on the Bible, not our own opinions.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry, but there is no verse in the Bible that affirms that sin is good, or that our churches should affirm it. Nor is there even a passage or verse that can be reasonably "interpreted" to mean that. It clearly states homosexual acts are sin, and it condemns those that turn from the natural to lust for the unnatural in Romans 1.
And there are those who disagree with your interpretations of various passages. So, your view that you are correct is not the only view that should be considered. Obviously, people disagree, therefore you have division and separation, especially among the churches - but that does not give anyone the right to discriminate against another human being, irregardless of what it is you personally believe.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:27 PM

88,765 posts, read 85,156,095 times
Quote:
Yes, that would certainly be simpler, but it wouldn't be the right thing to do.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,255,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Exactly. "Standing on the bible" has caused, and continues to cause, misery throughout the planet.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:39 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,825,238 times
Quote:
And there are those who disagree with your interpretations of various passages. So, your view that you are correct is not the only view that should be considered. Obviously, people disagree, therefore you have division and separation, especially among the churches - but that does not give anyone the right to discriminate against another human being, irregardless of what it is you personally believe.
Only liars disagree with what is plainly said.
The very definition of delusion or also considered a seared conscience.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:44 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,427,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Old 03-03-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Only liars disagree with what is plainly said.
The very definition of delusion or also considered a seared conscience.
If you are calling me a liar, then you are delusional.

Old 03-03-2019, 04:23 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,825,238 times
Quote:
If you are calling me a liar, then you are delusional.
Not sure why you would insult me personally when the s.o.p specifically warns not to do so. That is what is plainly said.

If english comprehension is one of your weak areas. Or perhaps english isn t your first language.
What I posted is called a general statement. Similarly the Holy scripture is not interpreted per say of eisegesis.
No, if one is to worship in Truth then they would adhere to an exegetical process of study. Prefferably using PaRDeS.
The p stands for a plain reading.

Otherwise as I said before.
Someone with a seared conscience would simply lie and manipulate the Holy scriptures.
And there are very dire consequences for doing so.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 27 days ago)

35,764 posts, read 18,107,840 times
My heart is so very heavy over this.

The methodist churches in my area have been losing census for awhile, to the large, nondenominational mega churches.

And his will be the death knell. Either way the governing body went, this will cause even more members to head for the doors.

Those who inexplicably fear gays would head to very strict Old Testament churches; those who welcome everyone will head toward the come-as-you-are-no-perfect-people-allowed churches.

I don't see how a church that can so solidly back illegal immigrants, and house the homeless in our church buildings, can turn its back on gay people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity