Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:46 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,274,999 times

Advertisements

A lot of teenage and college nudist clubs are more sex-oriented. The misconception that its about sex comes from that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 10:22 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,078,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
A lot of teenage and college nudist clubs are more sex-oriented. The misconception that its about sex comes from that.
There are teenage nudist clubs?

Please tell me this isn't right..

Old 06-04-2008, 10:53 AM

2,358 posts, read 5,987,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
There are teenage nudist clubs?

Please tell me this isn't right..
As I said in my post yesterday, I was an active nudist for 10+ years. I have never in my life heard of any clubs that are sex-oriented or promote sex and nudity for teens or college-aged young adults. That is reprehensible , especially for teens. Neither of these would be a legitimate nudist club; they would be sex clubs or orgy parties (which I have heard of, and find equally reprehensible.) Legitimate nudist clubs try as hard as they can to distance themselves as far as possible from "swingers" clubs. The only thing they have in common is nudity, but the nudity is for completely different reasons.

But yes, bchris, that's where the misconception about nudism comes from: the sordid swingers clubs and sex orgies. I just hope that teens aren't involved in that.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:47 PM

793 posts, read 2,216,201 times
I am partially a nudist, and Christian as well. I don't mind nudity. People seem to want to sexualize nudity, but in fact, nudity is a symbol of purity. We are born naked and for everyone who has children, you might have find out young kids don't like clothes, they would prefer run naked. There is beauty and art in nudity no matter what age you are. I am a very low sexual minded person, but nudity never bothered me.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:40 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,837,223 times
You know, hypothetically speaking, if I had to make a choice between watching nudity or violence in a movie, I would have to go with nudity.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:50 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,512,306 times
Because the fact that following the fall into sin, nudism is not natural. Adam and Eve felt shame because of their nakedness and as a result God provided them with clothes. In 1 Corinthians 12:23 the apostle Paul says that "the parts of the body that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty."

It is true that the matter of nudity is somewhat of a cultural matter. Which parts of the body are presentable and which are not can vary somewhat by culture. Yet this would not be an issue within North American culture where it is customary to cover certain parts of the body.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:19 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,584,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Because the fact that following the fall into sin, nudism is not natural. Adam and Eve felt shame because of their nakedness and as a result God provided them with clothes. In 1 Corinthians 12:23 the apostle Paul says that "the parts of the body that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty."

It is true that the matter of nudity is somewhat of a cultural matter. Which parts of the body are presentable and which are not can vary somewhat by culture. Yet this would not be an issue within North American culture where it is customary to cover certain parts of the body.

However, when nudity is tastefully represented thru the medium of art, I do not feel it is immoral at all. I find it to be a tribute to the creator. As an artist, I think nudity is absolutely beautiful.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:06 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,512,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
However, when nudity is tastefully represented thru the medium of art, I do not feel it is immoral at all. I find it to be a tribute to the creator. As an artist, I think nudity is absolutely beautiful.
That's the major difference..... Things done in the name of "Art" is still against 1 Corinthians 12:23, however one "feels" or "thinks".

Old 06-06-2008, 09:45 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,837,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That's the major difference..... Things done in the name of "Art" is still against 1 Corinthians 12:23, however one "feels" or "thinks".
1 Corinthians 12:23 And those members of the body which we deem less

What is this verse really speaking on?

Old 06-06-2008, 10:18 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,559,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post

I know what you are asking, and I pretty much agree. This is talking basically about members of Christ's body...the church.
But it is interesting that the word used in that verse for unseemly (KJV) is aschemon, and, besides meaning 'uncomely' , can also mean 'indecorus', and 'indecent'. Those do not sound like words one would use to describe one of their brethren.

Now, about nudity. I may be a real prude, but I would much rather see a human body properly clothed ! It is rather odd that God created us without all over bodily hair or fur, like most of the animals. I am sure there was a very good reason, and I do not think it is because He preferred nudity. He knew, before time, that Adam and Eve would fall, and He knew He would clothe them.

There is absolutely no New Testament scripture that even implies that nudity is acceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity