Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 11:09 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Grievance View Post
Women tend to slip into heresy more easily than the man, and therefore should not be the writers of doctrine.
Your attitude towards women betrays you and is ignorantly spoken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2019, 04:41 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In other words, men need more guidance as the women are more intuitive and natural nurturers.

The Fathers will = God is the head of Jesus, Jesus is the head of man, and men are head of their wives. By that arrangement does it work.

Old 04-25-2019, 04:43 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Grievance View Post
Women tend to slip into heresy more easily than the man, and therefore should not be the writers of doctrine.

The bible says they are a weaker vessel. Probably why the angel being speaking through the serpent went after Eve in the garden.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:47 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The Fathers will = God is the head of Jesus, Jesus is the head of man, and men are head of their wives. By that arrangement does it work.
Quote:
The bible says they are a weaker vessel. Probably why the angel being speaking through the serpent went after Eve in the garden.
It's almost like time travel reading this.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:57 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
CS Lewis in “Mere Christianity” on Christian marriage:

If there must be a head, why the man? Well, firstly, is there any very serious wish that it should be the woman? As I have said, I am not married myself, but as far as 1 can see, even a woman who wants to be the head of her own house does not usually admire the same state of things when she finds it going on next door. She is much more likely to say "Poor Mr. X! Why he allows that appalling woman to boss him about the way she does is more than I can imagine." I do not think she is even very nattered if anyone mentions the fact of her own "headship."

There must be something unnatural about the rule of wives over husbands, because the wives themselves are half ashamed of it and despise the husbands whom they rule. But there is also another reason; and here I speak quite frankly as a bachelor, because it is a reason you can see from outside even better than from inside.
The relations of the family to the outer world—what might be called its foreign policy—must depend, in the last resort, upon the man, because he always ought to be, and usually is, much more just to the
outsiders. A woman is primarily fighting for her own children and husband against the rest of the world. Naturally, almost, in a sense, rightly, their claims override, for her, all other claims. She is the special trustee of their interests.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:02 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And it's almost like you don't actually care what the Bible says. He didn't give his opinion, or call women weak. He said what the Bible says. Your argument is with God. Not man.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Next thing you know, Adam will be blaming Eve?

Old 04-25-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And it's almost like you don't actually care what the Bible says. He didn't give his opinion, or call women weak. He said what the Bible says. Your argument is with God. Not man.
It sounds like men blaming women for their own weaknesses - it's the woman you gave me.

Old 04-25-2019, 09:07 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

2. Southern Baptists are the largest Protestant denomination in the US. The reality of this is debatable, though. Anyone who has ever attended a Southern Baptist Sunday service and come forward "to accept Christ" is welcomed into fellowship at that church and counted as a Southern Baptist. Even if they never return.

In fairness, I think a lot of churches play with their numbers. In the Catholic Church in many countries in Europe and South America (and even here in the US), parents will baptize their children Catholic for purely cultural reasons. The church always considers them “Catholic” even though they are purely “cultural” Catholics.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:03 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
And it's almost like you don't actually care what the Bible says.
It's almost like I believe that such perceptions are those of the men who wrote the words down, which ever-so-conveniently worked out for the male of the species and oppressed the female of the species for millennia.

Stop with this nonsense. You know full well that I don't believe the Bible to be written by God, and I greatly suspect that deep down, most who assume that stance know better as well but find that claiming so justifies their own prejudices and unkindness.

Quote:
He didn't give his opinion, or call women weak. He said what the Bible says. Your argument is with God. Not man.
He believes women are less than men, and he uses the Bible to hide behind his personal belief.

I have no argument with God. God is not a jerk who calls for the oppression of certain members of the human race. I really have no argument with most men, either, because most men in this day and age don't march around proclaiming women are a "weaker vessel".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity