Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 03:07 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Mike get indignant easily. He's been "done with" just about everybody here at one time or another.

You'll never get him to admit to his hypocrisy.
Apparently he doesn't like having a mirror held in front of him. Doesn't like what he sees, but refuses to change it. Oh well, not my problem. I tend to call out hypocrisy, ignorance, stupidity, idiocy, etc whenever I see it. Some people don't take to that very well.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 03:11 PM

63,813 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I am not a "he", thank you very much.
What is it with you people who either post no profile, or keep it private, or keep your gender secret and then expect posters to somehow know your gender preference from screen names that provide no clue whatsoever.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What is it with you people who either post no profile, or keep it private, or keep your gender secret and then expect posters to somehow know your gender preference from screen names that provide no clue whatsoever.
I have been posting on here for quite awhile, and have not made it a secret that I am a female. Here on this very forum, in threads that he has participated in, and posts directed at him in the past.... Sorry for thinking people actually read posts in the threads they participated in or replied to. Guess that is too much to expect?

I could also say, "What is it with you people who think all posters are men unless it says otherwise?" Personally, if I don't know, I say something like, "doesn't know what he/she is talking about". Literally takes a fraction of a second to add the slash and three letters. Think they can read my new status? Or is that too much to ask for you lazy folks as well?

Old 06-12-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I have been posting on here for quite awhile, and have not made it a secret that I am a female. Here on this very forum, in threads that he has participated in, and posts directed at him in the past.... Sorry for thinking people actually read posts in the threads they participated in or replied to. Guess that is too much to expect?

I could also say, "What is it with you people who think all posters are men unless it says otherwise?" Personally, if I don't know, I say something like, "doesn't know what he/she is talking about". Literally takes a fraction of a second to add the slash and three letters. Think they can read my new status? Or is that too much to ask for you lazy folks as well?
I usually check the profiles and if there is no information there, I assume it is of no concern to them. Your profile did not specify.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I usually check the profiles and if there is no information there, I assume it is of no concern to them. Your profile did not specify.
And again, I have talked to you on several different threads, dating back many months. If you didn't already know I was a female, and needed to check my profile, then you obviously haven't paid any attention. Also, how hard is it to say "he/she"? Or simply, "they"?

Edited to add: For example, Mystic, you have 151 posts in the thread about homosexuality. I have shared my story more than once in that thread, and from the looks of it, while you were actively posting on it as well.

Last edited by ImissThe90's; 06-12-2019 at 03:35 PM..

Old 06-12-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
And again, I have talked to you on several different threads, dating back many months. If you didn't already know I was a female, and needed to check my profile, then you obviously haven't paid any attention. Also, how hard is it to say "he/she"? Or simply, "they"?

Edited to add: For example, Mystic, you have 151 posts in the thread about homosexuality. I have shared my story more than once in that thread, and from the looks of it, while you were actively posting on it as well.
Why would you specifically NOT specify your gender preference and then complain about it when it is wrongly attributed? Are you on a campaign to enforce the use of "he/she or they" pronouns?

Old 06-12-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Why would you specifically NOT specify your gender preference and then complain about it when it is wrongly attributed? Are you on a campaign to enforce the use of "he/she or they" pronouns?
Okay, Mystic, I get it. You don't want to have to pay attention to people when they post, and instead just want to interject your own nonsense on every thread, regardless of its relevance. I don't give a rat's behind what you call me. Call me a he, a she, a they, or anything else you want to call me. Call me a guy, and I will correct it. That's all I did. You are the one who made a big deal about it.

Sorry I don't come on here and think about filling out a profile for the people too lazy to read posts, or use an extra letter or two. Guess you guys need your hand held to figure out very simple things. So, just for you, I will go in and add it, that way the next time your forget and have to check, it will be there for you. K?

Old 06-12-2019, 04:00 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I found incongruity at a young age in the teachings of Jesus, John and Paul saying my disciples will show love, empathy etc but the people who claimed to follow him do not display that characteristic
Absolutely. IME, Christians who are genuinely striving to follow Jesus are few and far between.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Okay, Mystic, I get it. You don't want to have to pay attention to people when they post, and instead just want to interject your own nonsense on every thread, regardless of its relevance. I don't give a rat's behind what you call me. Call me a he, a she, a they, or anything else you want to call me. Call me a guy, and I will correct it. That's all I did. You are the one who made a big deal about it.

Sorry, I don't come on here and think about filling out a profile for the people too lazy to read posts, or use an extra letter or two. Guess you guys need your hand held to figure out very simple things. So, just for you, I will go in and add it, that way the next time you forget and have to check, it will be there for you. K?
Okay. Peace. You know despite assertions to the contrary, there are significant stereotypical differences between males and females that are generally applicable. One of those generally applicable differences is that males are far more oblivious to the details that are otherwise important to females. Individual exceptions will exist to any stereotypes, but obliviousness is a fairly consistent male trait.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Okay. Peace. You know despite assertions to the contrary, there are significant stereotypical differences between males and females that are generally applicable. One of those generally applicable differences is that males are far more oblivious to the details that are otherwise important to females. Individual exceptions will exist to any stereotypes, but obliviousness is a fairly consistent male trait.
Oh, I have a husband and a son... I know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity