Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2021, 04:02 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It most assuredly succeeds at saving those who place their faith in it.
and we know all will, you on the other hand say Jesus died for all on the cross but the cross failed most of humanity.

You teach all about a God who fails, a God who missed his mark/sinned

Old 07-13-2021, 04:04 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
Quote:
It most assuredly succeeds at saving those who place their faith in it.

Actually, on many occasions, as I have relied on my spiritual gift in common sense situations, it has helped me with those common sense situations.

So, it is the opposite.

My spiritual gift carries over into my lack of common sense.
“The wheel's still turning but the hamster's dead”. - Hezekiah 9:9

Old 07-13-2021, 04:05 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
hey you are the one who said it, I was just pointing out to you many agree with you on it.

Try not to make it so easy next time.
Your earlier comment was rude.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:06 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
and we know all will, you on the other hand say Jesus died for all on the cross but the cross failed most of humanity.

You teach all about a God who fails, a God who missed his mark/sinned
The love of God does not fail to give every man a choice as to whether he will or will not receive Jesus as his Lord and Saviour.

It is this very love that requires that He not violate man's free will and force him to be saved;

Since salvation involves a certain type of behaviour (righteousness) and if a man is unwilling to walk in righteousness he will not be saved. Therefore if a man will not walk in righteousness, the Lord will not force him to be saved.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"The wheel is turning but the hamster is dead." - Hezekiah 9:9
There is no book of Hezekiah in the Bible.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Your earlier comment was rude.

maybe so jimmie but where were you when they have been rude to us. Just giving back what has been given.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
maybe so jimmie but where were you when they have been rude to us. Just giving back what has been given.
If I have ever been rude to you in any way, please provide a link to the post in question.

I don't think you will be able to find such a post.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:17 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
Quote:
There is no book of Hezekiah in the Bible.
There is now Paidion. You should check out other versions of Canon.

"The wheel is turning but the hamster is still dead."

Old 07-13-2021, 04:18 PM

Quote:
The love of God does not fail to give every man a choice as to whether he will or will not receive Jesus as his Lord and Saviour.

It is this very love that requires that He not violate man's free will and force him to be saved;

Since salvation involves a certain type of behaviour (righteousness) and if a man is unwilling to walk in righteousness he will not be saved. Therefore if a man will not walk in righteousness, the Lord will not force him to be saved.
Did God send Jesus to save the world? Yes
Will God then be able to save the world? you say no

Thus you are teaching God is a failure, missed his mark/sinned and like I said to BF you pit mans puny will against Gods will and give man the victory, thus God fails again.

Now lets see if your God given common sense can understand that.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Did God send Jesus to save the world? Yes
Will God then be able to save the world? you say no

Thus you are teaching God is a failure, missed his mark/sinned and like I said to BF you pit mans puny will against Gods will and give man the victory, thus God fails again.

Now lets see if your God given common sense can understand that.
The reality is that the Lord is not going to violate man's right to a free will decision in order to force him to go to heaven where everyone is serving the Lord.

If someone doesn't want to serve the Lord, He is not going to force him to do so.

However, those who will not serve the Lord will not do so because they are sinners; and those who will not be separated from their sin will all go to the same place among murderers and thieves.

I think that it is actually the mercy of the LORD that He grants, concerning these, the prayer of the Psalmist in Psalms 140:10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity