Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2019, 04:14 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hball72 View Post
Jesus IS the "word."
The "logos" is the thought or intent of God (spoken or unspoken).
Jesus is the intent of God in the flesh.
Pls, think of me as an innocent, or from another planet asking... not someone with snark
when I ask you this, LOL.
I mean no offense, in other words... (ya gotta say that on forums where there is snark. Ha)

My question: How do you know that? How do people know this?
Why do you say that so emphatically?

(I'm not asking for proof like scientific atheists do, mind you.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 04:28 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Pls, think of me as an innocent, or from another planet asking... not someone with snark
when I ask you this, LOL.
I mean no offense, in other words... (ya gotta say that on forums where there is snark. Ha)

My question: How do you know that? How do people know this?
Why do you say that so emphatically?

(I'm not asking for proof like scientific atheists do, mind you.)
For me, the descriptions of Jesus and the descriptions of the Holy Spirit in the Christian narrative exactly matched the consciousness I encountered in deep meditation. That is why I partially adopted the Christian narrative rejecting all those things that were inconsistent with the described Holy Spirit and the consciousness I encountered.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Bible is both the word of God and at the same time, a very human book. To understand the Bible you have to understand the time and culture in which it was written. The problem is not with the Bible but with those who attempt to impose a 21st century cultural world view upon it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Then, you should be able to understand that not everything is literal, nor was it meant to be taken that way. Yet, Christianism has adopted the ideologies from various mythologies and other cultures or religions and have built its doctrines and teachings on things that do not exist in reality. Isn't it about time you stepped into the twenty-first century. And let go of fables - demons, devils and Satan who is the ruler of an underworld of pain and suffering?
Quote:
Since I wrote the following in post 111 of the thread //www.city-data.com/forum/chris...s-pro-con.html, I obviously do understand that very well.
Post #111

''When something is obviously literal in meaning, to then interpret it allegorically or symbolically can only result in a wrong interpretation, just as taking something that is obviously allegorical or otherwise symbolic and attempting to interpret it literally can only provide an invalid interpretation.''
Again, as always, you make unsupported statements. Provide the evidence for your assertion that demons, and Satan don't exist. You can't.
Spooks and goblins don't exist, and neither do demons, devils and Satan as viewed by Christianism.
But I have no doubt that you cannot face that reality, otherwise your beliefs come crumbling down.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:08 PM

33,245 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Spooks and goblins don't exist, and neither do demons, devils and Satan as viewed by Christianism.
But I have no doubt that you cannot face that reality, otherwise your beliefs come crumbling down.
You can't seem to grasp the fact that making naked unsupported assertions, without even any attempt to back up your claims is meaningless. You state your opinion, and that's all that it is, as if it were absolute truth. But reality does not recast itself to correspond with your opinion simply because it is your opinion.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
You can't seem to grasp the fact that making naked unsupported assertions, without even any attempt to back up your claims is meaningless. You state your opinion, and that's all that it is, as if it were absolute truth. But reality does not recast itself to correspond with your opinion simply because it is your opinion.
Read that in front of a mirror.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Your opinion is not conclusive, it's merely your opinion or that of someone else's.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:20 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
By the by, how are you in the covenant Messiah only brings for Ephraim and Judah? I mean, since you are being so honest right now.

And David my servant*shall be*king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.*25And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein,*even*they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David*shall be*their prince for ever.*

Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them:
and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

THE HEATHEN SHALL KNOW, aint that you? Or do you pretend to be Judah?

Old 07-25-2019, 06:45 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Sorry about that, but take notice that in that scripture, Messiah has come and is licing here, and there is no rapture, no mass death, only hope just as we always see.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
By the by, how are you in the covenant Messiah only brings for Ephraim and Judah? I mean, since you are being so honest right now.

And David my servant*shall be*king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.*25And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein,*even*they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David*shall be*their prince for ever.*

Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them:
and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

THE HEATHEN SHALL KNOW, aint that you? Or do you pretend to be Judah?
He loves to Lord it over others in his own mind.

It's actually ghostly and uncanny, rather spooky.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:52 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I have no problem with Mike's verses showing me the way in, but once in, I'm in. The writer of Hebrews says this:

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

The way has been made thru Christ. But to paint the picture that you only talk to Jesus and then he passes it on to the Father isn't a good picture. This is leaning a little to heavy on the aspect of the three over the one in the three in one....

Neither do I mind the picture of Christ ever interceding for me. There's a lot of time I am heavily involved in my own "ish" to boldly go in. Glad he's there interceding for me. I DO need it.

If you haven't figured it out Miss H, I can be a mess and ain't ashamed to admit it.
But wait, I thought Jesus was G-d, the Father?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity