Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 08:22 PM

3,220 posts, read 929,554 times

Advertisements

John 12:26 “ If any one serves me, he must follow me; so where I am, there shall my servant be also; if any one serves me, the Father will honor him.”

So if we are to abide in His word and use it as scripture says then in this verse following Him is doing just as He did ,in word. Since He described Himself as the truth which He said is God’s word then doing what He did is spreading God’s word which is what He said He was sent to do.

“If the Father is glorified in the son He will in turn glorify him in himself and He will do it at once.”

How do you read it?

Has the Father honored you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2019, 08:57 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,437,403 times
If I told anyone, really, how much the Father 'honors' me ---I'd rather say adores me and shows me how
much He loves me - it would make people jealous.
All praise to God.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:15 AM

88,696 posts, read 85,065,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
If I told anyone, really, how much the Father 'honors' me ---I'd rather say adores me and shows me how
All praise to God.
Ha, I think you've told us enough times how special God thinks you are that by now we won't even bat an eye if you say it again. Go right ahead.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
All praise to God.
Im not buying it.

“Whoever is sent by God, he speaks the words of God.”

Old 12-03-2019, 07:09 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Im not buying it.

“Whoever is sent by God, he speaks the words of God.”
I believe Miss H is sent by God.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I believe Miss H is sent by God.
“Whoever accepts the one I sent accepts me and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me.” (The word of God)

Old 12-03-2019, 08:08 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,395,861 times
Quote:
John 12:26 “ If any one serves me, he must follow me; so where I am, there shall my servant be also; if any one serves me, the Father will honor him.”
So if we are to abide in His word and use it as scripture says then in this verse following Him is doing just as He did ,in word. Since He described Himself as the truth which He said is God’s word then doing what He did is spreading God’s word which is what He said He was sent to do.
“If the Father is glorified in the son He will in turn glorify him in himself and He will do it at once.”
How do you read it?
Following Him, ALL the way, persevering to the very end and not stopping short; - laying down our life for other(s)?

…"from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked..."
I'm a work in progress - and now very much aware of the above line - He really meant it!

Old 12-03-2019, 08:09 PM

11,155 posts, read 7,215,247 times
Quote:

I'm more concerned with being like Jesus, than looking for rewards and "honoring" from God.

If following/supporting Christ matters, that should be sufficient. We don't have to get needy or greedy and need/find rewards at the end of the trail, and then say "There's the proof. We achieved our aim".

And how we are rewarded is up to God. Maybe it's not in flashy way, or even a tangible way, that gets our attention. It shouldn't matter if we never see it, or see it on this side of eternity. Do something simply because it is right; not for pats on the back or attention.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,410,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I'm more concerned with being like Jesus, than looking for rewards and "honoring" from God.

If following/supporting Christ matters, that should be sufficient. We don't have to get needy or greedy and need/find rewards at the end of the trail, and then say "There's the proof. We achieved our aim".

And how we are rewarded is up to God. Maybe it's not in flashy way, or even a tangible way, that gets our attention. It shouldn't matter if we never see it, or see it on this side of eternity. Do something simply because it is right; not for pats on the back or attention.
I have had people tell me what is right, while they do nothing.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post

You’re misunderstanding the honor from God.

If your like the son of man, God will honor you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity