Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2019, 04:38 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times

Advertisements

Wondering those of you who consider yourselves Christian, do you believe the faith is too apathetic when it comes to matters of national security, sovereignty, open borders, admitting refugees and so on?

Is there a point when apathy as a Christian is counterproductive?

I haven't talked to my pastor about this yet but he seems to think that all the Muslims flooding into Christian America aren't really a problem - I think he believes it's the world of God so that these people will be changed/saved/converted.

I don't see this trend happening. In fact I think most of the Western (Christian) world is being taken over by Islam, not the other way around.

Isn't this apathy problematic, if it is having the opposite effect than is thought to occur?

Are "Christians" (I do believe the title has been hijacked by the likes of LSS and CC, for example) are too apathetic?

Old 09-29-2019, 05:12 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Wondering those of you who consider yourselves Christian, do you believe the faith is too apathetic when it comes to matters of national security, sovereignty, open borders, admitting refugees and so on?

I haven't talked to my pastor about this yet but he seems to think that all the Muslims flooding into Christian America aren't really a problem - I think he believes it's the world of God so that these people will be changed/saved/converted.

I don't see this trend happening. In fact I think most of the Western (Christian) world is being taken over by Islam, not the other way around.

Isn't this apathy problematic, if it is having the opposite effect than is thought to occur?

Are "Christians" (I do believe the title has been hijacked by the likes of LSS and CC, for example) are too apathetic?
What is LSS and CC?

Old 09-29-2019, 05:17 PM

Lutheran social services and catholic charities. I believe LSS recently appointed Michelle Obama former chief of staff or a muslim or someth8ng like that their ceo recently (or something like that as I recall)

Old 09-29-2019, 05:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post

Why do you think they are flooding to America?

Old 09-29-2019, 05:23 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,967,503 times
"Render unto Caesar....."

Old 09-29-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why do you think they are flooding to America?
Masochism

Old 09-29-2019, 06:19 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Your pastor is special. Muslims are not flooding into America to be saved from persecution. They're flooding America, much like Europe, as an agenda to take down western civilization and establish sharia law around the world. That's why they don't go to Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, or any of the other safer closer countries that could offer them temporary residency and stability. They go to straight to Europe. And what a shock, when they get there, they refuse to assimilate. It's the same old song with these refugees and illegals.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Your pastor is special. Muslims are not flooding into America to be saved from persecution. They're flooding America, much like Europe, as an agenda to take down western civilization and establish sharia law around the world. That's why they don't go to Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, or any of the other safer closer countries that could offer them temporary residency and stability. They go to straight to Europe. And what a shock, when they get there, they refuse to assimilate. It's the same old song with these refugees and illegals.
He's apathetic to it, as far as I can tell. He believes it's God's way of allowing Christians to show these people the way to Christ - by our country's flippant open borders policies.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:26 PM

OTOH, maybe it's leading to prophecy? The more these people come into the Western world, the more and more power they wrestle away. Maybe this is all leading to the End Times (world war, civil war), because there is no way they will settle for coexistence.

Maybe this is meant to be (if the Bible is to be believed)?

Old 09-30-2019, 05:28 AM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
This isn't the Politics forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity