Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2019, 10:02 AM

2 posts, read 397 times

Advertisements

jesus asked his disciples, who do you think i am?
Peter answered, you are the christ, the son of the living god.
good for you jesus answered, i will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven?

Old 10-18-2019, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 397 times
jesus warned his disciples, beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
they thought he was saying this because they had forgotten to bring bread.
jesus knew what they were thinking and told them, how could you even think i was talking about food. again i say, beware of the yeast of the pharisees and Sadducees. then at last they understood that by yeast he meant the wrong teachings of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Old 10-18-2019, 10:29 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,938,029 times
I'm sorry, I don't see where you are going with observations that are standard exegesis, or what they have to do with "spinning yarns." You need to be more forthcoming with your thought processes.

Old 10-18-2019, 10:56 AM

1,146 posts, read 650,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I'm sorry, I don't see where you are going with observations that are standard exegesis, or what they have to do with "spinning yarns." You need to be more forthcoming with your thought processes.
I believe the reference is to repeated exclamations of religious slogans and buzz words.

Like saying, "I love you" to a total stranger these Biblical scripture snippets have come to lose their meaning. They lose their meaning because

A. protestants have no idea what the Pharisees were talking about in the first place and what Jesus' retorts were meant to convey. It just sounds good the them because they've heard it before - a lot.

B. Repetition breeds familiarity, though not necessarily awareness of truth.

Millions of people have borne witness to the actions of Christ in their lives. I am one of them. If not for Jesus I would not be breathing polluted air today. Bearing witness of HIs good grace either by the Word of God or in the testimony of those who know Him isn't a yarn. It isn't fiction or fantasy, but hard honest truth. Jesus saves. For real.

Jesus also told us not to cast our pearls before the pigs of those who only understand their own passions and appetites. HE said they'd attack us for our kindness. Indeed they have.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 10-18-2019, 11:20 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,938,029 times
Well, Loft, failing to make the purpose clear leaves it open to the wildest ideas.

Old 10-18-2019, 02:34 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,035,424 times
In the leaven or yeast of the Pharisees error is the yeast puff up the bread, so the puff up in a haughty pride in the heart of the Pharisees is this error of their doctrine

Old 10-20-2019, 08:53 PM

3,061 posts, read 917,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In the leaven or yeast of the Pharisees error is the yeast puff up the bread, so the puff up in a haughty pride in the heart of the Pharisees is this error of their doctrine
The leaven or yeast which has been added to the Unleavened bread that came down from heaven, disguises the true taste, thereby blinding those who study the teachings of the church over the teachings of The Words spoken through the mouth of Jesus, the obedient servant of the Lord our savior.

For man shall not live on bread alone but on every word of the Lord, who said to Moses in Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; "I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put 'MY WORDS' in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to 'MY WORDS' that the prophet speaks in 'MY NAME,'

Old 10-21-2019, 06:04 AM

16,710 posts, read 15,709,123 times
Just like the previous thread, you need to make a claim or ask a question or say something with an opinion or a position to start a conversation. When that doesn't happen, nobody knows what to say in response.

We got no response when we asked about the issue to be discussed in the last thread, so we won't expect one now. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity