Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 09:46 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,176,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Panda god View Post
Funny... because I renounce, mock, and constantly use logical demonstrations of God's flaws to disprove him every day.

Then again, I do the same for ever deity, demon, angel, cherub, and seraph.

Alas, I have still read your post because I crave knowledge.
We all have a personal session scheduled with Jesus Christ in the future, yours should be really interesting.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 10:00 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,176,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
The Holy Spirit can be BLASPHEMED.
Which brings us to our scripture. But before we continue, I want to recap that the Holy Spirit can be: Resisted, Quenched, Grieved, Quieted and Insulted – None of these are Blasphemy! This has been part of the problem. People (all too often Pastors) have wadded all of these things together with blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Others have for the sake of emphasis, thrown a few additional real or imagined sins into the mix as well. And this has destroyed the lives of many an otherwise stable Christian. Look, according to these scriptures, you can resist Him, grieve Him, Quiet Him and even insult Him and yet not commit the unpardonable sin by blaspheming Him.
But, the Holy Spirit can be BLASPHEMED as is shown in Mat 12:31.
Well, lets dig into this passage a little.
vs. 31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men:
What this is saying is that every other kind of sin and every other kind of blasphemy can be forgiven. The scripture says ALL! In the Greek language “All” is always translated as… ‘ALL’! (or every one). So what if you were an axe murderer? ALL! What if you were a child molester? ALL! What if you got divorced and remarried? (I bring up the last one because an extended family member of ours believes that somehow by committing this heinous sin of ‘divorce and remarriage’ he has blasphemed the Holy Spirit and is lost and separated from God forever. No!) ALL means ALL!
… but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
But, there IS something called “Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.” So what is it?
Well here is what it is NOT:
vs. 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: So it’s NOT talking against Jesus! Accusing Him of all manner of sin and crimes, calling Him a drunk and a glutton, accusing Him of healing and deliverance through the power of Satan … According to this that’s even forgivable. So even blasphemy against Jesus is forgivable.
Here is what it is…
but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
Wow! That is rough! But what does that mean, “speaking against the Holy Spirit”?
Well it’s really pretty simple. “Blasphemy” is something slanderous and/or injurious to one’s good name. And the Greek word for “against” can mean “according to the case against” or “to the charge of” which is legal language. So what I believe this is saying is that “speaking blasphemy against” the Holy Spirit is like when someone one knowingly and deliberately as a legal witness attributes the works, operations and/or gifts of the Holy Spirit to the Devil or attributes the works, operations of the Devil to the Holy Spirit.
The Pharisees did this when Jesus was casting out demons by the power of the Holy Spirit. They proclaimed: “He cast out demon spirits by the power of Beelzebub!”
Jesus stopped their mouths right then and there and straightened them out.
Now Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is NOT someone that is just parroting someone else or speaking out of ignorance. Paul in 1Tim 1:12-13 said that He had even blasphemed the Holy Spirit, but that he had done this out of ignorance.
This is also NOT just something stupid that someone casually says once or twice. This is something that is said deliberately – in abundance – from the heart. How do we know that? We know that from the context of the rest of this passage.
vs. 33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit
vs. 34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth
speaketh.

vs. 35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
vs. 36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
vs. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy. He is not above using religion to accomplish his goals. So I don’t care WHO told you that you have committed the unpardonable sin… a “friend”, a relative, a coworker, someone in your church, your Priest of Pastor or Satan himself… I guarantee you that you could NOT have done it accidentally (without knowing about it). You would have to knowingly and deliberately, from your heart of hearts reject and renounce the Holy Spirit and verbally slander Him and His works and character to others.
I don’t think a person like that would even be reading this article! That is why you need to realize that you have not committed this unpardonable sin. Now you may have indeed sinned. But God’s Word says that He is QUICK TO FORGIVE all other sins. So ask for His forgiveness, and believe by faith that you have received it and get on with your life.
Don’t let the Devil continue to hold you in bondage.
Don’t allow the Devil to hold you back any longer from you walk with God.

quote from

What is blasphemy against the Holy Ghost?

what I want to know is

How do I not commit this sin. Can someone help me guide me. Please help would really be appreciated
We hear about the "good news" of Christianity.....let me give you some. Jesus death on the cross took away the sins of ALL, that includes you. We have existed in a time of grace for 2,000 years, unmerited favor is available to all who BELIEVE. Paul was given the gospel for today in 1Cor15:1-4. Read that and live by it and you are saved for eternity. No works no condemnation for those who only believe.

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
Eph 2:9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Rom 3:24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

In the end the ONLY people who cannot be saved will be those in UNBELIEF who continually reject Christ, sin has been taken off the table at the cross. ALL can be saved and grace is Jesus reaching down from heaven to welcome all who will come to Him.......settle it today right where you are at.........it's a fabulous life.......

Old 09-08-2019, 10:09 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
We hear about the "good news" of Christianity.....let me give you some. Jesus death on the cross took away the sins of ALL, that includes you. We have existed in a time of grace for 2,000 years, unmerited favor is available to all who BELIEVE. Paul was given the gospel for today in 1Cor15:1-4. Read that and live by it and you are saved for eternity. No works no condemnation for those who only believe.

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
Eph 2:9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Rom 3:24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

In the end the ONLY people who cannot be saved will be those in UNBELIEF who continually reject Christ, sin has been taken off the table at the cross. ALL can be saved and grace is Jesus reaching down from heaven to welcome all who will come to Him.......settle it today right where you are at.........it's a fabulous life.......
Have you ever wondered why when in the scriptures the gospel is being preached, it is never preached with where you believe all those that do not accept your understanding of the gospel are going ?. Christ preached a gospel that was heaven being lived in out of and flowing from within, this is what he saying all along to the people.. It had nothing do with believing in him(it was believe him), stopping sinning and being saved from eternal hell with a heaven a reward for believing in him. Read all those scriptures again with an open mind rather than with your preconceived ideas of them.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:17 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times
The holy ghost throws like a girl.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity