Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 08:09 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,152 times

Advertisements

According to Jesus it is the light of life.

But what is the light of life?

Reference;

“I am the light of the world. No one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.”

“It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is useless, the words I spoke to you are spirit and life.”

So by Jesus own words it is the word of God that keeps the believer from darkness.

”Walk in the light while you have it or darkness will come over you.”

Looks as though God’s word is more important to the believer than anything!

How do you read it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 08:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
What delivers the believer from darkness?

A flash light, turn on the switch and watch the darkness flee.

Old 06-24-2020, 08:20 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
According to Jesus it is the light of life.
But what is the light of life?
Reference;

“I am the light of the world. No one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.”

“It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is useless, the words I spoke to you are spirit and life.”
So by Jesus own words it is the word of God that keeps the believer from darkness.
”Walk in the light while you have it or darkness will come over you.”
Looks as though God’s word is more important to the believer than anything!
How do you read it?
You seem not to understand that words are just words and parroting them means nothing. It is what the words MEAN that is important as is what they instruct us to do and BE.

Old 06-24-2020, 08:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
What delivers the believer from darkness?

In many cases - as is obvious to any regular reader of this forum - delusion.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:44 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You seem not to understand that words are just words and parroting them means nothing. It is what the words MEAN that is important as is what they instruct us to do and BE.
Oh.

Like these.

“I have given them the words you gave me and they accepted them”

“As you sent me into the world so I have sent them.”

“As the Father sent me so I send you.”

I’m just parroting like Jesus did for the Father.

Don’t mind me though.

Old 06-25-2020, 03:40 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
In 1 John 1;17 says ``But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another , and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin ``............... See when we walk in faith and have repented of sin to God and forgave transgression for others, then we must also rebuke the demons through the blood of Jesus Christ to give God spiritual authority in the walk in the light, See Holy Spirit will deliver the demons away and out, so we can walk in the presence of the Lord, other ways in the spiritual authority of the believer, which is to bind demons up and cast them down, and loosen spiritual wickedness in the highplaces and caste them down and then to bind up the powers of darkness and caste then down to the name of Jesus `` Jesus won't deliver people every time when people get back into darkness they have to pray to rebuke the demons who block God out ............................ Seem like a lot of work to keep spiritual authority in prayer, and it is ........................... People starting out would rebuke the demon out through Jesus every time and evil thought or pain would come and repent and listen to God spirit will direct them to, as from the scripture that says this`` blood of Jesus Christ His son cleanses us from all sin`` This blood of Jesus Christ is the lone Judgment of God so bring His blessing , and deliverance is a blessing which God needs

Old 06-25-2020, 04:43 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Mystic, in other words, are you saying that if a person has "Christ consciousness" then he doesn't even need a Bible. He just KNOWS the truth by having this knowledge?

Old 06-25-2020, 04:43 AM

1,754 posts, read 754,475 times
I think Jesus is the divine embodiment of loving your neighbor and serving others. So if you follow Jesus you are merely loving and serving others. You don't have to be a Christian to do this and therefore anyone can possess the light of life.

Old 06-25-2020, 04:46 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
I think Jesus is the divine embodiment of loving your neighbor and serving others. So if you follow Jesus you are merely loving and serving others. You don't have to be a Christian to do this and therefore anyone can possess the light of life.
Quaker,
But if a person is doing this he will recognize Jesus for who he is, right?
OR
Are you saying that a person doesn't even have to believe in God?

Old 06-25-2020, 05:21 AM

1,754 posts, read 754,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Quaker,
But if a person is doing this he will recognize Jesus for who he is, right?
OR
Are you saying that a person doesn't even have to believe in God?
I think believing in "Jesus" is believing in "loving and serving others" and true belief is actually doing the "act" of loving and serving others.

I think God wants to see what we do with what we are given as in the parable Jesus gives about the 3 servants each left with some gold while the master is out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity