Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 11:58 AM

3,220 posts, read 930,199 times

Advertisements

As Jesus said;

“It’s not what goes in a mans mouth that makes one unclean but what comes out of it.”

So again Jesus reiterates that what man says is what saves him.

As it is written; “I shall change and purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one accord.”

“The words of the righteous deliver him but the speech of the wicked is a deadly ambush.”

“By your words you’ll be justified and by your words you’ll be condemned.”

“Yet you are cleansed by the word I have spoken to you.”

“The man who comes to me hears my word and uses it.”

Does scripture show that man is saved by what He says?

The verses shown say yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 01:32 PM

28,124 posts, read 30,052,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
As Jesus said;

“It’s not what goes in a mans mouth that makes one unclean but what comes out of it.”

So again Jesus reiterates that what man says is what saves him.

As it is written; “I shall change and purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one accord.”

“The words of the righteous deliver him but the speech of the wicked is a deadly ambush.”

“By your words you’ll be justified and by your words you’ll be condemned.”

“Yet you are cleansed by the word I have spoken to you.”

“The man who comes to me hears my word and uses it.”

Does scripture show that man is saved by what He says?

The verses shown say yes.
I think scripture shows that words and the way we use them are important; I don't believe scripture shows that they save us.

Old 06-27-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I think scripture shows that words and the way we use them are important; I don't believe scripture shows that they save us.
So the verse, “by your words you’ll be justified and by your words you’ll be condemned” does not mean that.

Or “If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple” does not mean the words save?

Old 06-27-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
So the verse, “by your words you’ll be justified and by your words you’ll be condemned” does not mean that.

Or “If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple” does not mean the words save?
It's certainly part of it, but anyone can talk the talk, but what truly matters is walking the walk. As Jesus says in Matthew 7:21, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Our words matter only to the degree that the way we live is a reflection of the way we speak.

Old 06-27-2020, 02:43 PM

11,910 posts, read 3,742,589 times
Quote:
It's certainly part of it, but anyone can talk the talk, but what truly matters is walking the walk. As Jesus says in Matthew 7:21, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Our words matter only to the degree that the way we live is a reflection of the way we speak.
Yep!

Too soon

Old 06-27-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Jesus said he came down from heaven to do God’s will and to spread the good news of the kingdom of heaven but also to testify the truth, God’s word.

What if they are all the same thing?

What if God’s word is God’s will and the good news is God’s will.

We know that the truth is God’s word per John 17.

So if we are sent as Jesus was sent with the same words as John 17 says then the word of God saves if we use it.

Everyone would have the same will of God if this is correct.

In other words Gods will for a person would be the same for everyone and it would be to serve Him as Jesus demonstrated.

“Then those who revered the Lord spoke with one another and the Lord listened attentively. And a book was opened and a record kept of those who revered the Lord and trusted in His name. And they will be my own special possession when I take action says the Lord. I will have compassion on them as a Father has compassion on His son who serves Him. Then you will again see the distinction of the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not serve Him.”

Old 06-27-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Then you will again see the distinction of the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not serve Him.”
The righteous are those who serve God. I'm good with that.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
The righteous are those who serve God. I'm good with that.
Yes but what did those do who revered the Lord. They spoke with one another.

What did they speak?

“Genuine worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth for God is spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

They speak Gods word, the truth.

Old 06-27-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Yes but what did those do who revered the Lord. They spoke with one another.

What did they speak?

“Genuine worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth for God is spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

They speak Gods word, the truth.
Are you trying to pick a fight or what? There's nothing to debate here, is there?

Old 06-27-2020, 06:35 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,398,239 times
Quote:
Jesus said he came down from heaven to do God’s will and to spread the good news of the kingdom of heaven but also to testify the truth, God’s word.
... /snip/ [/b]
How did Jesus testify to the truth?
Do you testify to the truth? How?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity