Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 04:07 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,176,598 times

Advertisements

6"And they went through the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia. 7And when they had come up to Mysia, they attempted to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus did not allow them. 8So, passing by Mysia, they went down to Troas. 9And a vision appeared to Paul in the night: a man of Macedonia was standing there, urging him and saying, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” 10And when Paul had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go on into Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them."
And another example:
23"When many days had passed, the Jews plotted to kill him, 24but their plot became known to Saul. " from Acts.
By the way of Gnosis Paul and others were communicating with spirit. This is an example of what called "in spirit and truth ", commune wine spirit in reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2020, 04:24 PM

11,097 posts, read 7,154,662 times
Since in theory, the Holy Spirit is part of the totality of God (father, son, holy spirit), that would be another way of saying God forbid them to (whatever, fill in the blank). It's good to have reminders of that other important part of the Trinity, acting upon the preferences of God (just like with Jesus).

Old 07-03-2020, 04:45 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Since in theory, the Holy Spirit is part of the totality of God (father, son, holy spirit), that would be another way of saying God forbid them to (whatever, fill in the blank). It's good to have reminders of that other important part of the Trinity, acting upon the preferences of God (just like with Jesus).
I find Jesus said to worship his God with spirit and truth. - John 4:23-24
Jesus viewed Scripture as being 'religious truth ' - John 17:17
To worship God with spirit would be with spiritual things such as showing the fruitage of God's spirit - Galatians 5:22-23.
So, in a 'spirited way' a lively way one's lifestyle would reflect Bible standards and principles.
Scripture teaches that God had No beginning - Psalm 90:2 - meaning from everlasting.
Whereas, pre-human heavenly Jesus was "IN" the beginning, but Not 'before' the beginning as his God was.
Jesus being the ' first ' of all creation - Rev. 3:14 B; Colossians 1:15 B - God's first heavenly creation.
Even the resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him - Rev. 3:12.

Old 07-03-2020, 05:16 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Yep, I think it has to do with keeping within the “set” “ordained” boundaries, if we are wise we do not cross them

Old 07-03-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find Jesus said to worship his God with spirit and truth. - John 4:23-24
Jesus viewed Scripture as being 'religious truth ' - John 17:17
To worship God with spirit would be with spiritual things such as showing the fruitage of God's spirit - Galatians 5:22-23.
So, in a 'spirited way' a lively way one's lifestyle would reflect Bible standards and principles.
Scripture teaches that God had No beginning - Psalm 90:2 - meaning from everlasting.
Whereas, pre-human heavenly Jesus was "IN" the beginning, but Not 'before' the beginning as his God was.
Jesus being the ' first ' of all creation - Rev. 3:14 B; Colossians 1:15 B - God's first heavenly creation.
Even the resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him - Rev. 3:12.
Abraham seen vision of God in spirit and accepted that as reality, he had no Scripture.
Or like this, 10"I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet"
Or, 27"And he came in the Spirit into the temple,"
Here is another example,
9T"he next day, as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. 10And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance 11and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth."
Peter meditated and entered higher level of consciousness and saw vision.

Last edited by G.Duval; 07-03-2020 at 05:32 PM..

Old 07-03-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Trinity is above my pay grade. I understand emanations.

Old 07-03-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Spiritual nature has trained spiritual eyes and ears to penetrate non physical dimensions, it is a big part of process of Knowing (Gnosis).
12"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known."
24"but their plot became known to Saul. "

Old 07-03-2020, 06:15 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
God had stopped Paul from going into Asia which was a evil state or tribe which was in the land of modern day Turkey, as God could see a challenge that could have been fatal to Paul, Just as the other time which God told Paul to leave Jerusalem , but Paul delayed and was arrested and later sent to Rome to face charges

Old 07-03-2020, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
God had stopped Paul from going into Asia which was a evil state or tribe which was in the land of modern day Turkey, as God could see a challenge that could have been fatal to Paul, Just as the other time which God told Paul to leave Jerusalem , but Paul delayed and was arrested and later sent to Rome to face charges
I am trying to determine practical way of how Paul communicated with spirit world. Entering trance state by meditation seems to be his way. Unless like Abraham he had natural clairvoyance.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:50 PM

3,825 posts, read 1,382,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
I am trying to determine practical way of how Paul communicated with spirit world. Entering trance state by meditation seems to be his way. Unless like Abraham he had natural clairvoyance.
A special kind of meditation- called prayer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity