Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 11:20 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
If all want to live in peace, why is it not so?
Because there are always the rabble rousers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2021, 11:21 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
No believer has authority over another but to teach and preach the Word of God.

Every believer has the freedom in Christ to correct and admonish another believer when he sees fit.

What Graham said may have been shameful to you, but was it shameful to God?

We are a nation of laws. God has ordained man the power to uphold these laws, it is stated in His Word.

Man controls these laws, a democracy will meet half way to determine these laws to be fair to all citizens.(supposedly).

For the redeemed in Christ, man's law has no second thought, we are commanded by Christ to obey it until those laws interfere with God's righteous Law laid out for His chosen.

We do not like the gay laws, they are wrong in the sight of God. But we respect the law of man that gives them the right to do so. These gay laws do not interfere with the Christians relationship with Christ, so we accept their rights to these laws but we in no way condone it.
When do you see fit? Do you go to your local women’s health center to admonish the men of faith screaming and spitting on women entering the building? They believe spitting on women will bring them to God?

There are no gay laws. There are equal rights under the law for gay people. The same rights you enjoy. The only people who do not seem to understand this is men who claim to be men of faith.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:22 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
How can anyone "force" their beliefs on others? I can't force you to believe anything.
Doesn't stop some from trying.

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Are you referencing the 30 pieces of silver comment? It seemed no worse than someone referring to someone as "a Judas".

No one is saying otherwise.
No.

Yes they are.

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Just a reminder, everyone, not to veer off into politics on this forum. Thanks.
oh man the mods here are real ball breakers

Old 01-15-2021, 11:26 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
When do you see fit? Do you go to your local women’s health center to admonish the men of faith screaming and spitting on women entering the building? They believe spitting on women will bring them to God?

There are no gay laws. There are equal rights under the law for gay people. The same rights you enjoy. The only people who do not seem to understand this is men who claim to be men of faith.
Sing it, Sister!

These fundie men have "faith" but they lack empathy, education, tolerance and intelligence.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:29 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
oh man the mods here are real ball breakers
Only the one from your state. The others are much nicer.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:32 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Google is your friend, jimmy. I think Jesus is used to harm women, children and the lgbtq community. I think Franklin Graham, who has a wide audience. uses Jesus in shameful ways, and has demonstrated this with his lates screed.

I do not believe Jesus should be used as a bludgeon, or for showboating. Franklin Graham has no idea what Jesus would do today.
No, you should have posted a link. Not my job to read your mind.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:35 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
The people who do these things do not accept God's word and I have never pushed it on them, by the law of man it is accepted, so I abide by that law, but it doesn't mean I condone it.
so a problem comes when laws reflect religious beliefs but infringe on people's liberty. i dont really know which laws exactly do this but i know they exist and they are bad.

any laws restricting consumption of any drugs or alcohol are infringement.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:39 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,320,726 times
Quote:

Yes is we of the faith were not here you would have a perfect world to live in.

I'm sorry we messed it up for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity