Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 11:57 AM

33,241 posts, read 26,455,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That primitive and barbaric practice is the connection that corrupted the interpretation of Christ's unambiguous demonstration of God's True nature as agape love to foster mercy and compassion among our savage ancestors and their erroneous beliefs about God.
It's you who in your arrogance and pomposity and your erroneous beliefs about God corrupt the Gospel.

Last edited by Michael Way; 02-11-2021 at 12:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 12:16 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
It's you who in your arrogance and pomposity and your erroneous beliefs about God corrupt the Gospel.
My beliefs about God are the SAME as those described, revealed, and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus which is why I adopted Christianity in the first place after my encounter. It is your beliefs that conflict with what Jesus revealed about God's True Nature. I doubt that any of us will suffer because of the reasons we love God and Jesus, so it really isn't that big a deal as long as we love God and each other every day and repent when we don't, IMO.

Old 02-11-2021, 12:17 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Jesus came into the world to die because of our sins to foster agape love and the forgiveness of sins which was nonexistent among our primitive ancestors. That is what Jesus meant when He said God desires mercy and compassion, NOT sacrifices.

However the Scriptures have different symbols and signs in them, relating to the different times, seasons, etc of how the kingdom of God evolves, generates, is built up

It is not just about love and everything that does not agree with that is not of God

Yep, I believe The ultimate purpose is to foster that love and forgiveness, but as to how these thing’s actually work in real, physical life where we have the necessities of generational things we need sacrifices, tokens to cover the shortfall that inevitably happens

The sacrifice is not about the physical, literal Which the religious take as literal - it is the sign/symbol

As human we are all “primitive, savages” in relation to God due to our animal passions/requirements/needs and the mediator/priest is to take up His people’s flesh/passions/needs in his own body so that all that is left is what is pure, unblemished, acceptable and to bring them to the required level of priesthood for humanity

There are many things written which are taken as literal, historical - which are symbolic and to be understood at the appointed time

Rev 5:9**And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10**And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Rev 5:11**And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Rev 5:12**Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
Rev 5:13**And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Rev 5:14**And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Old 02-11-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
However the Scriptures have different symbols and signs in them, relating to the different times, seasons, etc of how the kingdom of God evolves, generates, is built up

It is not just about love and everything that does not agree with that is not of God

Yep, I believe The ultimate purpose is to foster that love and forgiveness, but as to how these thing’s actually work in real, physical life where we have the necessities of generational things we need sacrifices, tokens to cover the shortfall that inevitably happens

The sacrifice is not about the physical, literal Which the religious take as literal - it is the sign/symbol

As human we are all “primitive, savages” in relation to God due to our animal passions/requirements/needs and the mediator/priest is to take up His people’s flesh/passions/needs in his own body so that all that is left is what is pure, unblemished, acceptable and to bring them to the required level of priesthood for humanity

There are many things written which are taken as literal, historical - which are symbolic and to be understood at the appointed time

Rev 5:9**And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10**And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Rev 5:11**And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Rev 5:12**Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
Rev 5:13**And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Rev 5:14**And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.
Meerkat, I admire your mind and its flexibility and out-of-the-box capabilities, but I came to Christ through a completely natural experience and quest to understand Reality using science. I waded through the myriad esoteric literature and found it wanting. We are unlikely to agree on the specifics of your symbolic interpretations of scripture but I do resonate with your approach to God and Jesus. It is just that my understanding of Jesus and God is firmly rooted in a very natural scientific understanding of Reality, nothing supernatural or magical.

Old 02-11-2021, 12:46 PM

33,241 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Getting back to the original post, the sin problem needed to be addressed. If it hadn't been, salvation from the penalty of sin would not have been possible. Since man was spiritually dead and unable to do anything about it, God stepped in and took the penalty that his justice required for sin upon himself by becoming a man and going to the cross and taking the penalty for each and every sin that will ever be committed in the human race.

And that is the greatest expression of God's love. The cross is where both God's love and justice are manifested.

Old 02-11-2021, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Getting back to the original post, the sin problem needed to be addressed. If it hadn't been, salvation from the penalty of sin would not have been possible. Since man was spiritually dead and unable to do anything about it, God stepped in and took the penalty that his justice required for sin upon himself by becoming a man and going to the cross and taking the penalty for each and every sin that will ever be committed in the human race.

And that is the greatest expression of God's love. The cross is where both God's love and justice are manifested.
We agree on the sin problem (missing the mark) had to be addressed. Our entire species was NOT exhibiting agape love, mercy, compassion, etc. Largely because of their mistaken and barbaric beliefs about God. Without correction, our entire species would never have been connected to God. There was no penalty or payment required, just an achievement that was (and still seems to be) beyond the capabilities of most of us. Jesus was the solution. He brought the very "mind of God" to His human consciousness ("mind of Christ") thereby connecting to God ALL the collective human consciousness that ever existed and will exist.

It is through understanding the "mind of Christ" that we understand the "mind of God." It is through the descriptions, revelations, and unambiguous demonstration of God's True Nature that we know that the Holy Spirit is agape love. Christ's death and rebirth as Spirit made His Holy Spirit (Comforter) available to us all within our consciousness to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." If we seek that Truth in our hearts with the state of mind of agape love (Holy Spirit), we cannot go wrong.

Old 02-11-2021, 01:10 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,029,001 times
Quote:
My beliefs about God are the SAME as those described, revealed, and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus which is why I adopted Christianity in the first place after my encounter. It is your beliefs that conflict with what Jesus revealed about God's True Nature. I doubt that any of us will suffer because of the reasons we love God and Jesus, so it really isn't that big a deal as long as we love God and each other every day and repent when we don't, IMO.
What a wonderful encounter being brought into our Father is. It is actually a many faceted progression in the present continuous realm of His lovely overtures. For Rosy, the journey that began many moons ago, has led to fresh avenues of Him and His remarkable paths. Oh, I love Him very much!

"You are always in the process of becoming. You aren't who you were and you aren't who you are going to be." -Rob Bell

Old 02-11-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
What a wonderful encounter being brought into our Father is. It is actually a many faceted progression in the present continuous realm of His lovely overtures. For Rosy, the journey that began many moons ago, has led to fresh avenues of Him and His remarkable paths. Oh, I love Him very much!

"You are always in the process of becoming. You aren't who you were and you aren't who you are going to be." -Rob Bell
Amen!, Rosey.

Old 02-11-2021, 01:22 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Hmmm...

Matthew 26
28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
-Jesus

Old 02-11-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Hmmm...

Matthew 26
28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
-Jesus
The interpretation of Jesus' words using the "mind of Christ" would be:

This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many to unambiguously demonstrate and foster the mercy and compassion of perfect agape love necessary for the forgiveness of sins, even of my torturers and murderers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity