Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2008, 06:44 PM

74 posts, read 264,751 times

Advertisements

Does anyone in ministry ever feel like all the signs, miracles, and wonders, are happening in other peoples ministry, but just a few simple things are happening in theirs. For instance, a person says a prayer of repentance, or sheds a couple of tears. The only word you have for them is that Jesus loves them. Or God just lets you do a coulple of small things ministering to prisoners, homeless, etc. While your peers are healing people, and they are falling out in the power of the Holy Ghost operating in the miraculous. How do I keep from comparing and falling for envy? PLease pray for me. I want to do the will of God and not compare myself to others even if they claim to raise the dead while God just uses me to bring a cup of water to someone. Any
testimonies welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 09:03 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Hi, I don't believe that it is about doing miracles. We can minister in different ways and all do not have the same gifts. But we need each and every one. God is able to multiply the little things that you do. I would put my faith in God and realize that He is working through you for His glory. Remember 1 Cor. 12. God bless.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:17 PM

756 posts, read 2,574,826 times
1) you dont know "all" of the 'good you do....
2) this is God teaching you something to strengthen your character....
3) Jesus said 'what you do to the least of these you do to me'.........
4) think of the ripple in the pond effect....
5) have you ever been thirsty...........I mean dying of thirst....that person will remember your act of kindness, following the lead of the Holy Spirit forever....
6) Hang in there.I will pray for you.....

Old 05-12-2008, 10:56 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findaway View Post
Does anyone in ministry ever feel like all the signs, miracles, and wonders, are happening in other peoples ministry, but just a few simple things are happening in theirs. For instance, a person says a prayer of repentance, or sheds a couple of tears. The only word you have for them is that Jesus loves them. Or God just lets you do a coulple of small things ministering to prisoners, homeless, etc. While your peers are healing people, and they are falling out in the power of the Holy Ghost operating in the miraculous.
Quote:
How do I keep from comparing and falling for envy? PLease pray for me. I want to do the will of God and not compare myself to others even if they claim to raise the dead while God just uses me to bring a cup of water to someone. Any
testimonies welcome.

As I can only offer what what the word says about it. We must be mindful not to covet one another's gift.
God has given to each one us special gifts, we must edify one another , exhort one another and pray for one another.
Pray for wisdom and for the Holy Spirit to reveal the areas that He can best use you in a particular ministry; Your gift will make room for you.
We don't compare, we will continue to pray for you, not to walk according to the flesh in this area, but after the spirit, who will lead and guide you into all things. Unfortunately I don't have any testimony.
But I did have a problems at first in the music ministry; but it was just a fleeting one.
God Bless You

Old 05-12-2008, 12:00 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,410 times
Quote:
Does anyone in ministry ever feel like all the signs, miracles, and wonders, are happening in other peoples ministry, but just a few simple things are happening in theirs. For instance, a person says a prayer of repentance, or sheds a couple of tears. The only word you have for them is that Jesus loves them. Or God just lets you do a coulple of small things ministering to prisoners, homeless, etc. While your peers are healing people, and they are falling out in the power of the Holy Ghost operating in the miraculous. How do I keep from comparing and falling for envy? PLease pray for me. I want to do the will of God and not compare myself to others even if they claim to raise the dead while God just uses me to bring a cup of water to someone. Any
testimonies welcome.
He who is faithful in the small things my friend. I learned the hard way...better to bring a cup of water to someone for God than not to bring anything at all..rejoice in whatever God allows you to do for him.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:33 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,272,128 times
Quote:
they .....raise the dead

God ....uses me
See the difference?

Keep up the good work!

Old 05-12-2008, 05:53 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,340 times
The small things that you do mean a lot. especially to those least expected to be impressed. A cup of water can mean a lot to a thirsty man;
God Bless You
and here's a rep point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity