Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2021, 10:16 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,913,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
<snip>

I have put in a special request to the Lord that I may be present when Rom is judged. I think it will be allowed of me and some others here who have been called liars, been told the Word of God is not the Word of God, and we are fools for believing it, we are confused and don't understand who God is.
That ^^^ scenario is one that I don't dwell on, Charlie. After this life I don't have much idea what will take place or how it will take place. However, back to this present life, you have either misunderstood everything I've had to say about this topic - scripture-wise - or you're resorting to lies. I've never said that the word of God is not the word of God, albeit as written in the words of mortal men. In fact. I've said several times that I have no idea if the Bible was written by men inspired by God but I have also said that it could have been. In other words, I really have no idea one way or the other if the Bible is the word of God it ...same as you if you were to be honest.

All of that said, I HAVE assumed for the purpose of this discussion that the Bible IS the word of God, similarly so when addressing any other Bible topic that I might involve myself in. So, on the subject of Christianity and the LGBTQ Community (THIS topic) I take the view that the Bible IS the word of God and so I have addressed the topic accordingly. What you're doing is you're confusing my having said that YOU don't understand the word of God with my saying that I don't believe that the Bible IS the word of God. There's a huge difference there, so get with it, Charlie!

Quote:
I think I will find it very interesting when Rom stands before the Almighty and begins his song and dance routine. Will I shed a tear or will I laugh, I don't know, I will have to wait and see. But I'm pretty sure it will be allowed for me and others to witness.
That ^^^ speaks volumes about you, Charlie. You might best work on your own salvation, rather than to feign interest in mine. Tread carefully, for you to decide whether to shed a tear or to laugh you will first need to be present.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2021, 10:24 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
That ^^^ scenario is one that I don't dwell on, Charlie. After this life I don't have much idea what will take place or how it will take place. However, back to this present life, you have either misunderstood everything I've had to say about this topic - scripture-wise - or you're resorting to lies. I've never said that the word of God is not the word of God, albeit as written in the words of mortal men. In fact. I've said several times that I have no idea if the Bible was written by men inspired by God but I have also said that it could have been. In other words, I really have no idea one way or the other if the Bible is the word of God it ...same as you if you were to be honest.

All of that said, I HAVE assumed for the purpose of this discussion that the Bible IS the word of God, similarly so when addressing any other Bible topic that I might involve myself in. So, on the subject of Christianity and the LGBTQ Community (THIS topic) I take the view that the Bible IS the word of God and so I have addressed the topic accordingly. What you're doing is you're confusing my having said that YOU don't understand the word of God with my saying that I don't believe that the Bible IS the word of God. There's a huge difference there, so get with it, Charlie!

That ^^^ speaks volumes about you, Charlie. You might best work on your own salvation, rather than to feign interest in mine. Tread carefully, for you to decide whether to shed a tear or to laugh you will first need to be present.
No Rom, it's high time that we Christians gird up our loins and be a man, just as God told Elijah and Job.

Not the weak panty-wasted cowards some of us are. Who are afraid to stand up for the Word of God.

Call me what you like, but Charlie will stand for the Word of God without compromise or apology!

Old 05-13-2021, 10:31 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Fundies = idiocy.

Old 05-13-2021, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Fundies = idiocy.
We will certainly see what the Lord has to say about that in our near future, Mr. Trout!

Old 05-13-2021, 11:15 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,913,281 times
Quote:
No Rom, it's high time that we Christians gird up our loins and be a man, just as God told Elijah and Job.
Sorry, Charlie ...I couldn't come up with anything else more appropriate. In fact, here's another . . .

Quote:
Not the weak panty-wasted cowards some of us are. Who are afraid to stand up for the Word of God.
Pay attention, Charlie ...I AM standing up for the word of God! For the purpose of this discussion I AM assuming the Bible is the word of God! It's YOUR TAKE on the word of God that I don't stand up for! YOU and your sanctimonious posts are NOT the word of God!

Quote:
Call me what you like, but Charlie will stand for the Word of God without compromise or apology!
What did I call you? I know what I'd like to call you but I don't think I've actually put it into words on this thread.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:57 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Perfect love casts out fear, it's true. But "fear" can also be a very nuanced term. We don't fear God as we would fear the executioner. We fear God as we would fear our earthly father. We know he loves us, yet we know we will be punished if we act in a way unbecoming of a good son. We also know what a horrible feeling it is to disappoint him. Justice is real and good.

I would also echo to you what I said to Charlie, that a little humility goes a long way. It may be that none of us is as "mature" as we think we are.
Except for your acceptance of a punishing wrathful God and the heinous notion that God would eternally punish ANYONE for ANY reason, we do not have any serious disagreements. In my view, our ultimate goal in this life is to attain spiritual infancy upon our rebirth as a newborn Spirit, so our so-called spiritual "maturity" in this life is obviously moot.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:14 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Except for your acceptance of a punishing wrathful God and the heinous notion that God would eternally punish ANYONE for ANY reason, we do not have any serious disagreements. In my view, our ultimate goal in this life is to attain spiritual infancy upon our rebirth as a newborn Spirit, so our so-called spiritual "maturity" in this life is obviously moot.
Right. We all know your idea of a milktoast god is utterly incapable of ever being offended.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:16 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Right. We all know your idea of a milktoast god is utterly incapable of ever being offended.
And yours is the epitome of a schoolyard bully run amok.

Old 05-14-2021, 11:42 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Your idea of a wrathful vengeful God who needs to be appeased by blood sacrifice and eternally punishes some of His children for ANY reason is, as Trout suggests, light-years WORSE than a 40-year-old getting offended by a two-year-old and beating Him to death.

Old 05-14-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your idea of a wrathful vengeful God who needs to be appeased by blood sacrifice and eternally punishes some of His children for ANY reason is, as Trout suggests, light-years WORSE than a 40-year-old getting offended by a two-year-old and beating Him to death.
I think the better example would be the clay telling the potter what's acceptable and what's not!

The Lord used this one in scripture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity