Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2021, 03:46 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,679 times

Advertisements

Jesus says that the outsiders who are not disciples are not given the ability to know the secrets of the kingdom of God. He also has said that a genuine disciple continues in His word, His teaching.

Mark 4
1 Again he began to teach beside the sea. Such a very large crowd gathered around him that he got into a boat on the sea and sat there, while the whole crowd was beside the sea on the land. 2 He began to teach them many things in parables, and in his teaching he said to them: 3 "Listen! A sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it did not have much soil, and it sprang up quickly, since it had no depth of soil. 6 And when the sun rose, it was scorched; and since it had no root, it withered away. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no grain. 8 Other seed fell into good soil and brought forth grain, growing up and increasing and yielding thirty and sixty and a hundredfold." 9 And he said, "Let anyone with ears to hear listen!" 10 When he was alone, those who were around him along with the twelve asked him about the parables. 11 And he said to them, "To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside, everything comes in parables; 12 in order that "they may indeed look, but not perceive, and may indeed listen, but not understand; so that they may not turn again and be forgiven.' "
13 And he said to them, "Do you not understand this parable? Then how will you understand all the parables? 14 The sower sows the word.

Do you sow the word?

“If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.”

Do you continue in His teaching, His word?

If not, it is all as if it is a parable so you will look but not see, listen but not here until you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2021, 06:55 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Jesus says that the outsiders who are not disciples are not given the ability to know the secrets of the kingdom of God. He also has said that a genuine disciple continues in His word, His teaching.

Mark 4
1 Again he began to teach beside the sea. Such a very large crowd gathered around him that he got into a boat on the sea and sat there, while the whole crowd was beside the sea on the land. 2 He began to teach them many things in parables, and in his teaching he said to them: 3 "Listen! A sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it did not have much soil, and it sprang up quickly, since it had no depth of soil. 6 And when the sun rose, it was scorched; and since it had no root, it withered away. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no grain. 8 Other seed fell into good soil and brought forth grain, growing up and increasing and yielding thirty and sixty and a hundredfold." 9 And he said, "Let anyone with ears to hear listen!" 10 When he was alone, those who were around him along with the twelve asked him about the parables. 11 And he said to them, "To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside, everything comes in parables; 12 in order that "they may indeed look, but not perceive, and may indeed listen, but not understand; so that they may not turn again and be forgiven.' "
13 And he said to them, "Do you not understand this parable? Then how will you understand all the parables? 14 The sower sows the word.

Do you sow the word?

“If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.”

If not, it is all as if it is a parable so you will look but not see, listen but not here until you do.
We may have some differences in scripture, Free, but I have never seen you deny His words in any fashion, but there are some here who do it almost every time they post!

I don't see how that is possible, but some will not continue in His words, and they can't hide it!

Old 07-11-2021, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
We may have some differences in scripture, Free, but I have never seen you deny His words in any fashion, but there are some here who do it almost every time they post!

I don't see how that is possible, but some will not continue in His words, and they can't hide it!
Yes. Some sow the word others not so much. In fact some deny the word but say they have agape love even though to deny the word is to deny agape love.

As it is written; “My words are life to those who find them, to mans whole being they are life.”

Old 07-11-2021, 07:39 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,174,594 times
"indeed look, but not perceive" = 14"The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned."

Old 07-12-2021, 05:04 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,377 times
Quote:

Mark 4

Do you sow the word?

It has to do with the heart Free. Jehovah does not reveal the deeper things to those who choose not to serve Him.

Old 07-12-2021, 01:34 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Yes. Some sow the word others not so much. In fact some deny the word but say they have agape love even though to deny the word is to deny agape love.
As it is written; “My words are life to those who find them, to mans whole being they are life.”
To misidentify the Word as the Bible is to deny Jesus Christ the Word of God who IS agape love. You are so confused and deluded you have no clue whatsoever who God IS or what agape love is. You can parrot the Bible all day long and achieve nothing.

Old 07-12-2021, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
To misidentify the Word as the Bible is to deny Jesus Christ the Word of God who IS agape love. You are so confused and deluded you have no clue whatsoever who God IS or what agape love is. You can parrot the Bible all day long and achieve nothing.
Actually it is you who has no idea even though I show you with scripture you still do not see because your afraid to admit you’ve been wrong all this time.

I had to deny what was taught me so I know it is hard but you, your just too proud. It is rather sad.

Jesus said God’s word is truth just as King David did but you cling to what John said even though you misunderstand who the son is. John really didn’t get it. The disciples were proxy’s. They were never intended to succeed.

Agape love or God’s love is as Jesus instructed;

“Abide in my love. You will abide in my love if you keep my commandments just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in His love.”

“The man who loves me keeps my word and my Father will love him and we will come and dwell within him.”

“I know Him and I keep His word.”

“Father, your word is truth.”

“The reason I was born and the reason I came into the world is to testify the truth.”

“I have given them the words you gave me and they accepted them…..”

“As the Father sent me so I send you.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity