Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 08:25 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Charlie, how do you examine yourself? How do you do it?
One way is the Lord's Supper, that is its purpose.

Another way is to get alone with yourself and take a look at your life.

Asking yourself, are my life's actions reflecting my faith in Christ?

Is my faith still in Him and not myself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 12:44 PM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
One way is the Lord's Supper, that is its purpose.

Another way is to get alone with yourself and take a look at your life.

Asking yourself, are my life's actions reflecting my faith in Christ?

Is my faith still in Him and not myself?
Thanks for the response, Charlie.

Can you explain how you use 'One way is the Lord's Supper' to examine yourself?
A genuine question.

Old 07-14-2021, 12:59 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Thanks for the response, Charlie.

Can you explain how you use 'One way is the Lord's Supper' to examine yourself?
A genuine question.
Let's take it from the scripture and let your own heart be your guide.

Luke 22:19-20

"And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you."

Why would he ask us to remember Him in "His body which is given for us" and "His blood that was shed for us?"

No doubt this is what He did for us on the Cross, the foundation of Christianity.

By faith in what He did there, man finds eternal life.

My thoughts are that He had intentions for us to remember Him in what He did to deliver us salvation.

That in return checks our faith in what He has done for us.

If you see it another way, I see no problem with that! I am merely showing you what it means to me.

Old 07-14-2021, 01:25 PM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Let's take it from the scripture and let your own heart be your guide.

Luke 22:19-20

"And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you."

Why would he ask us to remember Him in "His body which is given for us" and "His blood that was shed for us?"

No doubt this is what He did for us on the Cross, the foundation of Christianity.

By faith in what He did there, man finds eternal life.

My thoughts are that He had intentions for us to remember Him in what He did to deliver us salvation.

That in return checks our faith in what He has done for us.

If you see it another way, I see no problem with that! I am merely showing you what it means to me.
Thanks for sharing, Charlie!
No doubt that He did this that we might have Life within us.

Old 07-14-2021, 06:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You should talk. Good grief. You, the one that badmouths and berates others while speaking of agape love.

You remind me of Frank Burns.
Perhaps, he is speaking the truth in love, but you cannot comprehend it, nor accept it.

Old 07-18-2021, 12:54 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Myself and Charlie24, and a few others here, are speaking the truth in love; and it is not accepted by those who want to believe that all will go to heaven.

They have heaped to themselves teachers to tell them what their itching ears want to hear, impaho.

Old 07-18-2021, 06:05 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Myself and Charlie24, and a few others here, are speaking the truth in love; and it is not accepted by those who want to believe that all will go to heaven.

They have heaped to themselves teachers to tell them what their itching ears want to hear, impaho.
You and Charlie are two of the worst for following the path of deception; and others are not far behind you.

Old 07-18-2021, 09:04 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
There is nowhere else for our Spirit to go but Heaven. The only difference involves how we will be treated there based on what we have become.

Old 07-18-2021, 03:05 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You and Charlie are two of the worst for following the path of deception; and others are not far behind you.
Those who are not far behind us are following us down the correct, narrow path to heaven.

Those who believe that all will be saved are taking the broad path that leads to destruction.

Old 07-18-2021, 03:34 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Those who are not far behind us are following us down the correct, narrow path to heaven.
Those who believe that all will be saved are taking the broad path that leads to destruction.
And when you learn that it is the agape love of God you should have been preaching instead of the belief in a wrathful, vengeful War God, the weeping and gnashing of teeth will seem mild in comparison to what you will feel, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity