Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 12:37 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,420,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It is impossible for God to lie (Hebrews 6:18, Titus 1:2). So, if He declares me righteous, I am righteous (Romans 4:17).
It sounds like JOBF has declared himself - righteous in his own eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2021, 01:10 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,860,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
However, it is not my righteousness; but His.

Old 07-20-2021, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Quote:
However, it is not my righteousness; but His.
It's self-righteousness coming from your lips.

Old 07-20-2021, 01:17 AM

Quote:
See Matthew 7:1.

Old 07-20-2021, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
See Matthew 7:1.
Then, don't judge, so that you won't be judged.

Old 07-20-2021, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Then, don't judge, so that you won't be judged.
I don't...

However I believe that judging, and declaring the Lord's judgments (by quoting scriptures that declare His judgments), are not the same thing.

Old 07-20-2021, 01:46 AM

Quote:
I don't...

However I believe that judging, and declaring the Lord's judgments (by quoting scriptures that declare His judgments), are not the same thing.
How is that helping anyone? Especially, when most herein are Christian?
Try a different approach - because the one you're using isn't working.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:42 AM

3,384 posts, read 1,991,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
I too was raised Catholic. While I have no "hard feelings" towards my former fatih I left simply because I wanted to understand what the Bible actually teaches.

The idea that good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell and by extension those who never came to truly know God...non Christians...is inconsistent with what the Bible teaches.

Some go to heaven after they die. Jesus was the first to be resurrected to immortal life.
Most others who die, however are resurrected to an earth that is transformed into a paradise.
Hell is a pagan idea that took firm root during the dark ages.

All the years I spent reciting the Our Father prayer and not really understanding the import behind what Jesus directed us to pray for.

"Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come thy will be done...ON EARTH...as...it...is...IN HEAVEN." The earth is transformed. The end does not mean the literal end of the earth rather the end of crime, famine, injustice..the start of a paradise earth in harmony with heaven.

God's Kingdom is a real kingdom not just something in our hearts or an enigma.

“I must also declare the good news of the Kingdom of God to other cities, because for this I was sent."
-Luke 4:43

"And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come." -Matthew 24:14

Most Bible scholars have come to understand what the Bible teaches and so have millions of Christians although many more people are still not truly aware...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...TUU_story.html
Thanks for responding to my post hd4me. Much of what is posted with quotes from scripture is so far above my understanding that I just skip it. For someone like me, now an outsider from the faith, it feels like battling quotes, akin to battling banjos. One quote answers another almost like an ongoing argument. I do appreciate the way you responded to me in the form of a conversation.

Old 07-20-2021, 11:14 PM

Quote:
How is that helping anyone? Especially, when most herein are Christian?
Try a different approach - because the one you're using isn't working.
Anyone who has not received Penal Substitution as a doctrine; anyone who has not received what Jesus did for them on the Cross for them; while they may be technically classified as a Christian because they say to Jesus, Lord, Lord; nevertheless they are not going to heaven because they will stand before God according to their own righteousness instead of His imputed righteousness.

And their righteousness is "as filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6).

Last edited by justbyfaith; 07-21-2021 at 12:28 AM..

Old 07-21-2021, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Anyone who has not receive Penal Substitution as a doctrine; anyone who has not received what Jesus did for them on the Cross for them; while they may be technically classified as a Christian because they say to Jesus, Lord, Lord; nevertheless they are not going to heaven because they will stand before God according to their own righteousness instead of His imputed righteousness.

And their righteousness is "as filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6).
You need to get a new life, the one you are living has been corrupted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity