Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 04:05 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times

Advertisements

1Peter 1:3-5

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

Here again we have the formula for salvation, faith in Christ. Through that faith we are kept in the mercy of God unto salvation.

None of us are perfect, we all have our faults whatever they may be. As long as we have true faith in Christ as our Saviour, a change will take place in the heart of that person. They will desire to do that which is right, what they know is right.

The Holy Spirit will take that faith and the change of heart now given by that faith, and begin the process of conforming you into Christ (our sanctification).

It's all of His doing and none of ours, all done on the basis of our faith. He's done it for untold millions and He can do it for you in His love and mercy for man!

Just take Him at His word as a little child would their parents and He will take care of the rest!

Mark 10:13-15

"And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.

But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2021, 05:57 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Good post Charlie.

Old 07-20-2021, 11:16 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Yes, excellent.

Old 07-21-2021, 05:38 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
1Peter 1:3-5

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

Here again we have the formula for salvation, faith in Christ. Through that faith we are kept in the mercy of God unto salvation.

None of us are perfect, we all have our faults whatever they may be. As long as we have true faith in Christ as our Saviour, a change will take place in the heart of that person. They will desire to do that which is right, what they know is right.

The Holy Spirit will take that faith and the change of heart now given by that faith, and begin the process of conforming you into Christ (our sanctification).

It's all of His doing and none of ours, all done on the basis of our faith. He's done it for untold millions and He can do it for you in His love and mercy for man!

Just take Him at His word as a little child would their parents and He will take care of the rest!

Mark 10:13-15

"And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.

But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein."

Who is the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ Charlie?

Old 07-21-2021, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Who is the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ Charlie?
Are we showing our disapproval of Christ being equal with God the Father?

Phil. 2:6

"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

Old 07-22-2021, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Are we showing our disapproval of Christ being equal with God the Father?

Phil. 2:6

"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

The Bible does not ever say Jesus is equal with God sir. Better get a better version, so you will understand it.

May I ask again, who is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, since you posted it, you must know, correct?

Old 07-22-2021, 07:17 AM

Quote:
The Bible does not ever say Jesus is equal with God sir. Better get a better version, so you will understand it.

May I ask again, who is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, since you posted it, you must know, correct?
That's strange, I thought it was the JW that didn't understand the deity of Christ!

That translation must be the New World Translation which teaches Jesus was created by Jehovah.

Blasphemy, Hiway, pure blasphemy!

Old 07-23-2021, 12:13 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:

Of course the Bible teaches that Jesus is equal to the Father (John 5:18).

Old 07-23-2021, 06:01 AM

Quote:
That's strange, I thought it was the JW that didn't understand the deity of Christ!

That translation must be the New World Translation which teaches Jesus was created by Jehovah.

Blasphemy, Hiway, pure blasphemy!

Is there any versions that don't teach that Charlie? Perhaps you can name one

Old 07-23-2021, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Of course the Bible teaches that Jesus is equal to the Father (John 5:18).

It was the unbelieving Jews who reasoned that Jesus was attempting to make himself equal with God by claiming God as his Father, not Jesus claiming that, matter of fact Jesus went on to say this: “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing.”
While properly referring to God as his Father, Jesus never claimed equality with God.

(John 14:28) . . .I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am.

Are you forgetting like they did that just a little before he went through this as well and had to correct them? Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Notice the response of Jesus: I said, I am the Son of God

Do you believe him or not Faith? Do you think he is more pleased today with people placing him in the position of God? Me personally I think he wants us to promote the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity