Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2021, 11:25 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times

Advertisements

Luk 13:23, Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Luk 13:24, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25, When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26, Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27, But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28, There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
Luk 13:29, And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
Luk 13:30, And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

I find that this scripture teaches us that there are many who will seek to enter in to God's kingdom but shall not be able. They will see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom; while they themselves are thrust out.

This, to me, appears to contradict the UR point of view that everyone will enter in to the kingdom. It is clear in this piece of holy scripture that there are those who will be thrust out of the kingdom.

Questions, comments?

Old 07-31-2021, 03:12 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
False Religion without the living God is a no-go, Actually there is a white serpent fallen angel which rules over false religion, as it is clean and white on the outside but evil hearted along with contention spirited ....... Follow Jesus through His ways will lead to victory, so if people don't like something about what Jesus said and did than they should repent and turn to victory, or they could be pushed out

Old 07-31-2021, 05:30 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Luk 13:23, Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Luk 13:24, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25, When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26, Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27, But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28, There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
Luk 13:29, And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
Luk 13:30, And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

I find that this scripture teaches us that there are many who will seek to enter in to God's kingdom but shall not be able. They will see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom; while they themselves are thrust out.

This, to me, appears to contradict the UR point of view that everyone will enter in to the kingdom. It is clear in this piece of holy scripture that there are those who will be thrust out of the kingdom.

Questions, comments?

Jesus clearly taught those who receive salvation were few sir. The only ones are those who do the will of Jehovah Mat 7:21. Keep in mind however, Jehovah is a just God therefore all who are incapable of doing His will, will be given the opportunity to do so during the Millennial reign of Christ. It is at the end of that after satan is released that we gain life Rev 20:5

Old 07-31-2021, 07:18 AM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times
This thread is closed because it is just another thread about Universalism. As we said when we started the thread about all aspects of Universalism, we would be discussing all aspects, and keep it in one thread From the Opening Post of the Universalism thread:
This thread is being started to have a place for discussing of all aspects of Universalism. At the time it is started, there are 6 threads open and active just on the first page of the Christianity forum. As those threads run their courses, they will be closed, as will older ones that get resurrected. It is the view of the moderators that having one thread to discuss a topic leaves more topics in view for those readers who only browse the first page of the forum (most readers).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity