Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2021, 06:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I am not an unbeliever, which just goes to show that you don't know what you are talking about as usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I am talking about the terror of the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:11).
The doctrine you teach only frightens children into believing your nonsense, that's why they have to be indoctrinated at an early age, before they have the abilities to reason.

Quote:
Yet you deny the doctrine of Penal Substitution. That identifies you as an unbeliever (or non-believer) in my book.

Because the doctrine of Penal Substitution is in fact the gospel of Jesus Christ; and no one can be saved apart from believing in it and receiving it, appropriating Christ's death on the Cross to their own life as a substitution, Him dying in their place as their sins are applied to Him and and them finding entrance into heaven as His righteousness is applied to them; as the justice and wrath of a holy God was poured out on Jesus instead of us.

This is the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4); and no one is a born again (saved) believer who does not believe in it.

While I will concede that our previous definition of a "Christian" stands, as anyone who says to Jesus, "Lord, Lord."

The Satisfaction or Penal Substitution doctrines that you hold dear to your heart, only enables you to see the cross through the eyes of a legalistic mindset, so you are not fooling anyone. Christ’s sacrifice was never to appease the demands of God – that in and of itself – is a syncretistic Christian/Pagan concept. You appear to view love with suspicion, believing it will infringe upon your own sense of justice without mercy. Focusing on Jesus' death for the most part makes his life irrelevant, as if, he came only to die for your sins; a lamb to be slaughtered for those who have a carnivorous diet.

Man's reaction to justice is to put people in bondage (prison) or to death; but Jesus' response was to release (pardon) the captives, giving them life. It has nothing to do with your false eternal damnation for a finite life, where people have missed the mark; however you will reap what you have sown, which may cause you a great deal of anguish (sorrow).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 03:32 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
lol if you say so, but even your Greek lexicon agreed with me.
I don't really care what is written in a Greek lexicon; for I believe that God accurately gave the sense of what He was trying to say when He intimately involved Himself in the translation of the Greek texts into common English..

Quote:
The doctrine you teach only frightens children into believing your nonsense, that's why they have to be indoctrinated at an early age, before they have the abilities to reason.
That must be what Jesus meant when He said,

Luk 18:17, Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

And you say that you are not an unbeliever.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:00 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:

The Satisfaction or Penal Substitution doctrines that you hold dear to your heart, only enables you to see the cross through the eyes of a legalistic mindset, so you are not fooling anyone. Christ’s sacrifice was never to appease the demands of God – that in and of itself – is a syncretistic Christian/Pagan concept. You appear to view love with suspicion, believing it will infringe upon your own sense of justice without mercy. Focusing on Jesus' death for the most part makes his life irrelevant, as if, he came only to die for your sins; a lamb to be slaughtered for those who have a carnivorous diet.

Man's reaction to justice is to put people in bondage (prison) or to death; but Jesus' response was to release (pardon) the captives, giving them life. It has nothing to do with your false eternal damnation for a finite life, where people have missed the mark; however you will reap what you have sown, which may cause you a great deal of anguish (sorrow).

Old 08-24-2021, 04:17 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:

The fact remains that there are two irreconcilable attributes in the heart of God...justice and mercy.

Justice requires that the exact punishment deserved for the crime be meted out.

Mercy desire that less than what is deserved be meted out.

Therefore, you cannot have justice and mercy at the same time.

Enter the Cross.

Jesus died on the Cross to take the just penalty for our sins so that God could execute justice and also show mercy to us...in that our punishment that was due, that we owed to God because of justice, was paid by Jesus as He took the penalty for our sins.

I know that many of you reject this gospel truth because it is in conflict with what your carnal minds want to believe.

But, I will continue to preach it because there may be people who will stumble across this website and who will also believe the gospel as it is preached to them.

It will be their salvation.

I rest confident, in spite of the opposition, that God's word will not return void but will accomplish the purpose for which He sent it (Isaiah 55:10-11).

Old 08-24-2021, 05:33 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
The fact remains that there are two irreconcilable attributes in the heart of God...justice and mercy.
Enter the Cross.
Jesus died on the Cross to take the just penalty for our sins so that God could execute justice and also show mercy to us...in that our punishment that was due, that we owed to God because of justice, was paid by Jesus as He took the penalty for our sins.
I know that many of you reject this gospel truth because it is in conflict with what your carnal minds want to believe.
But, I will continue to preach it because there may be people who will stumble across this website and who will also believe the gospel as it is preached to them.
I rest confident, in spite of the opposition, that God's word will not return void but will accomplish the purpose for which He sent it (Isaiah 55:10-11).
This is entirely the result of your human imagination and rationalizations to try to make your unjust beliefs about eternal punishment reasonable. It cannot be done. God IS agape love and forgiveness, no need for any eternal punishment for ANY reason. God's justice has the power to repair the injustice and balance the scales for everyone involved, perpetrators and victims alike. That is something our imperfect punitive human justice cannot do.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:27 PM

1,094 posts, read 884,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
This is pitiful to say the least for a Christian to post! This is one of the reasons Christians are mocked and laughed at by the agnostics and atheists! Even they can see your denial of what you say you believe and opposition to Christianity!

They just want their selfish way: no God.

Without God, life is a dirty trick.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:

Quote:

Enter the Cross.

Jesus died on the Cross to take the just penalty for our sins so that God could execute justice and also show mercy to us...in that our punishment that was due, that we owed to God because of justice, was paid by Jesus as He took the penalty for our sins. BTW - you can have justice with mercy - get a clue!

But, I will continue to preach it because there may be people who will stumble across this website and who will also believe the gospel as it is preached to them. BTW - you can have justice with mercy, but you will have to get a bit more understanding then you presently have.

I have no doubt that God will get his desire, contrary to your false opinions which you have been indoctrinated with. But I do not suspect that you will remove the ear plugs or blinders anytime soon, or in this life for that matter. BTW - you can have justice with mercy, although you may have to get a bit more understanding before you comprehend that!

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-24-2021 at 09:42 PM..

Old 08-25-2021, 04:50 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
I have no doubt that God will get his desire, contrary to your false opinions which you have been indoctrinated with. But I do not suspect that you will remove the ear plugs or blinders anytime soon, or in this life for that matter. BTW - you can have justice with mercy, although you may have to get a bit more understanding before you comprehend that!
What is that understanding, Jerwade, throw out all the judgement in scripture and hope God does the same in the end?

Old 08-25-2021, 06:00 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
I don't really care what is written in a Greek lexicon; for I believe that God accurately gave the sense of what He was trying to say when He intimately involved Himself in the translation of the Greek texts into common English..
and that is one of your biggest errors you do not care what it say in the original languages. The KJV was not written until the 1500's, so if God like you keep saying did preserve his word he preserved it in the original language, not the English language.

Thus that you do not care what the original language says is saying you do not care what God had preserved from the beginning.

In other words JBF you do NOT believe the scriptures that God preserved you believe in the translation of man over that which God preserved.

Old 08-25-2021, 06:02 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
What is that understanding, Jerwade, throw out all the judgement in scripture and hope God does the same in the end?
no you just have to understand what happens when Gods judgments are in the earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity