Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2021, 07:30 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
So lets see what we agreed on

So only those without the gate are the dogs, whoremongers, etc as you acknowledge.

So the next question is

who is it then that can enter in through the gates into the city?

waiting........
still waiting.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 08:46 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Yes, I agree Jesus was right the ' way to ->' destruction '. Destruction is what awaits the wicked.- 2nd Thess. 1:9
The wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' <- Psalm 37:38; Psalm 92:7; Psalm 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22.
So, No one has to experience being: destroyed forever.
( That does Not include Satan who won't repent - Jesus 'will' destroy wicked sinner Satan - Hebrews 2:14 B; Romans 16:20 )
everlasting destruction (2 Thessalonians 1:9) can be defined by the algebraic equation y = 1 / x.

Where y is the up and down on the graph and x is the sideways.

The graphing of this equation starts near the top of the y axis and curves down towards the end of the x axis.

y is the wholeness of the individual where x is the amount of time elapsed.

In thie equation and graph, y keeps getting smaller and never reaches zero while x continue to increase.

{(1,1/1), (2,1/2), (3,1/3), (4,1/4), (5,1/5)...(999999,1/999999), (1000000,1/1000000), (1000001,1/1000001)...}.

Old 08-30-2021, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Psalms refers to the King James Version?

WOW. That's a stretch, even for you. Time travel, now.
Yes, God is outside of time (Isaiah 57:15); and known unto Him are all of His works from the beginning of creation (Acts 15:18).

Old 08-31-2021, 10:21 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
So lets see what we agreed on

So only those without the gate are the dogs, whoremongers, etc as you acknowledge.

So the next question is

who is it then that can enter in through the gates into the city?

waiting........
Still waiting.....crickets.

Old 08-31-2021, 10:26 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What is it you do not understand about the fact that Jesus had NO WRATH OR VENGEAnCE IN HIM despite horrendous scourging and crucifixion. He had perfect agape love and forgiveness for all including His torturers and murderers. When we see that in Jesus we see that in the Father. What about that is unclear or confusing to you???
God's inspired, infallible word says differently. Whether you want to admit it or not is irrelevant. You want to make up a god in your own mind that doesn't care about sin, that's your call. But it isn't reality.

Old 08-31-2021, 10:53 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
everlasting destruction (2 Thessalonians 1:9) can be defined by the algebraic equation y = 1 / x.

Where y is the up and down on the graph and x is the sideways.

The graphing of this equation starts near the top of the y axis and curves down towards the end of the x axis.

y is the wholeness of the individual where x is the amount of time elapsed.

In the equation and graph, y keeps getting smaller and never reaches zero while x continue to increase.

{(1,1/1), (2,1/2), (3,1/3), (4,1/4), (5,1/5)...(999999,1/999999), (1000000,1/1000000), (1000001,1/1000001)...}.
... more of this nonsense in an attempt to justify your ignorance?

Old 08-31-2021, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Still waiting.....crickets.
As concerning the question, who is allowed to enter through the gates into the city...

It is those who have received Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, and who therefore have received the Holy Spirit.

As the direct result, the love of God is shed abroad in their hearts; which love is the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within them (Romans 13:8-10, Romans 8:4).

They bear the fruit of the Spirit, against which there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).

So, they do not violate the law because they have faith in Jesus Christ.

Therefore they keep the commandments and have the right to the tree of life and entrance into the holy city.

But, it is appointed unto man once to die, and after this the judgment (Hebrews 9:27).

So, after a man has died and is being judged at the GWT judgment, he is not going to receive a second opportunity to receive Jesus as his Lord and Saviour.

While God may indeed make an exception for those who never heard within their lifetime.

Old 08-31-2021, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
... more of this nonsense in an attempt to justify your ignorance?
I am merely ignorant of the instruction that will cause a man to stray from the words of knowledge (Proverbs 19:27).

Old 08-31-2021, 01:00 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
What is it you do not understand about the fact that Jesus had NO WRATH OR VENGEAnCE IN HIM despite horrendous scourging and crucifixion. He had perfect agape love and forgiveness for all including His torturers and murderers. When we see that in Jesus we see that in the Father. What about that is unclear or confusing to you???
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
God's inspired, infallible word says differently. Whether you want to admit it or not is irrelevant. You want to make up a god in your own mind that doesn't care about sin, that's your call. But it isn't reality.
I make up nothing. I interpret what our ignorant ancestors actually meant to communicate in their mistaken beliefs about God. Since Jesus, God is not counting our sins against us and that is in your revered Bible, both in the OT and NT.

2nd Corinthians 5:18-19 New International Version (NIV)
18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Jeremiah 31:34 King James Version
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Hebrews 8:12-13 King James Version (KJV)
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Old 08-31-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I make up nothing. I interpret what our ignorant ancestors actually meant to communicate in their mistaken beliefs about God. Since Jesus, God is not counting our sins against us and that is in your revered Bible, both in the OT and NT.

2nd Corinthians 5:18-19 New International Version (NIV)
18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Jeremiah 31:34 King James Version
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Hebrews 8:12-13 King James Version (KJV)
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Of course, this reality, that He will remember our sins no more, is given as the result of the grace of God even our Lord Jesus Christ.

But we only have access into this grace wherein we stand, by faith (Romans 5:1-2, Ephesians 2:8-9).

And therefore, if anyone does not have faith in Jesus Christ, they are not recipients of grace.

And therefore, God remembers their sins (Jeremiah 14:10, Hosea 7:2, 8:13, 9:9).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity