Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 08:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Yes, true. And chosen by none other than Jesus, to be the "rock" (Petra/Peter) of the church and ministry.
You are Ke'pha, (small stone) but on this SHU'A, I will build MY Church.
You are Petros, but on this PETRA (massive rock) I will build MY Church.

It isn't saying: "You are Peter, and on this Peter..." Rather, it's his confession.

Be careful when putting Petro in that Pope mobile, it may peter-out.

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-06-2021 at 08:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 08:17 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You are Ke'pha, (small stone) but on this SHU'A, I will build MY Church."
You are Petros, but on this PETRA (massive rock) I will build MY Church."

It isn't saying: "You are Peter, and on this Peter..."

Be careful when putting Petro in that Pope mobile, it may peter-out.
And Peter was renamed/known by the name Simon, who in other places is a magician, and didn’t he deny the Lord?

Like Saul (OT reference precursor to David) and Paul

Not all is as it seems/perceived

Old 08-06-2021, 08:18 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,174,871 times
LOL Peter was up to the challenge. His legacy is strong. Now, the Pope on the other hand....

Old 08-06-2021, 08:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:45 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Yep

There is a dichotomy at work and we are to assess what is to be gotten rid of, and what is to be kept at the appropriate time, we are told that there will be a misunderstanding of these things as well ...........

Old 08-06-2021, 08:46 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:

Old 08-07-2021, 12:55 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I do not worship Saul (Paul of Tarsus) and there are some things that he wrote that are quirky and very zealous. I think he was a Jewish zealot when he murdered Stephen. After he became Paul, he had the same imperfect and extreme personality. Except he was Christian. Paul was a man. Warts and thorns and all. He obviously had a conversion experience and he loved Jesus Christ, but he was a mortal human being who was flawed. After his conversion, his personality essentially was unchanged.

I have read the Epistles many times. Some of his letters are beautiful, especially his treatise about love in 1 Corinthians. Others are his opinion as an ancient, middle eastern man. He is certainly not a member of the God head. He is a man.

Fundamentalist Christians love to cherry pick the Old Testement and dwell on Paul. They seemingly ignore the Gospels. It fits their narative better.

English Standard Version
And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,

Old 08-07-2021, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
The Gospels are entirely sufficient and complete, with a focus on Jesus' teachings and life example. I don't need Paul, and don't want to add anything extraneous to what is already complete.

Heaven will not be affected by Paul, and Paul's followers.
Perhaps a few words from Galatians will change your mind.....Paul's gospel comes with a curse for all who ignore it or make up their own non-gospel.....

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

Old 08-07-2021, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Paul was God’s chosen Apostle to the Gentiles. His epistles are instructions to the church, confirmed by Peter. Liberals cherry pick a few passages of his that fits their narrative and trash the remainder as the “words of a man”.
You are correct.....people either can't or don't want to Paul as the true Apostle he is.........

Old 08-07-2021, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Peter was chosen...
Peter along with the eleven others will rule over the twelve tribes.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity