Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 05:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,384,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
You're trying to mix Jew and Gentile in prophesy and the gentiles don't have any prophesies only the Jews. Paul was sent specifically to the Gentile even though he was a hybrid Jew/Gentile himself. God had a plan whereby the Jews would serve as Priests and introduce the Gentiles to God, that all went out the window with the rejection of Jesus. Jesus then turned from the Jews (temporarily) and has gone to the Gentiles for the last 2,000 years. Denominations and the traditions of man have not caught on to this and have been blending all the scriptures and law and grace together for centuries now. It spells CONFUSION for everybody who can't rightly divide scripture. Too bad.................
The confusion regarding heaven and hell (life and death) seems to be an issue?

Quote:
If we take the book at its word and ONLY those who know and believe 1COR15:1-4 as THE ONE gospel and the one we are ALL judged by, we can see an incredibly tiny amount of people will actually be saved. Jesus has provided a salvation for all at the cross only a tiny remnant will ACCEPT THE FREE GIFT..........out of ignorance or unbelief..........those who have consigned themselves to hell out of that unbelief will have to live with the fact they didn't have to go there at all.........but they will be locked in for eternity..........and they will blame God as a cruel unjust one for being in such a hideous place. They will never realize they sent themselves there............if only one wakes up and sees the light then all the words here will have been worth it........we serve a mighty JUST God who wants ALL TO BE SAVED!
But at least you didn't disappoint by bringing up that false notion of cruel and unusual punishment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Utter human ignorance and irrational nonsense about human justice having no resemblance to God's perfect justice! What God wants, God will have. What Jesus came to do, Jesus accomplished. ALL have been saved. Not all will take full advantage of their salvation, but they are still saved.
His desire (will) always supersede man's will.

Quote:
No choice Mystic you get saved whether you want it or not? how about all the folks that mock God and want no part of him??? that's not love but rape.......
How do you figure it is rape, especially when given the truth in due time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They are rejecting what human ignorance and imagination have said God is. That is not rejecting God. Once that ignorance is wiped away by death, they will have a correct understanding even if it may be somewhat unpleasant to learn it.
Indeed, they will have to endure the anguish of their false teachings that led men astray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
I would have to agree with that (bolded/underlined) - It was not a pleasant experience.

I have often wondered, what will one be able to do about it, once dead?
In this life it seems we still have option/freedom to express a 'faith' (believing without seeing).
We have the ability to overcome now, others will be corrected through the Lake of fire - in his presence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2021, 08:26 PM

3,220 posts, read 927,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
^ Paul came along and tried to put his teachings on par with Jesus. Nothing he added was even necessary. As long as it's in the Bible, many put his teachings as equal to those of Jesus without ever thinking carefully about what they are doing.
Yeah, Paul said he had a vision but so do lots of people. Jesus sent His followers with the words given to Him and the words of the prophets before Him. In essence the words of God and the son of man, the prophets.

Paul never used the words of Jesus except one time when mentioning the last supper. This shows Paul was not sent by Jesus at all.

He was an imposter who just rode a fad about Jesus being the Christ. The messiah, the anointed, was there before Jesus but Israel failed to see Him just as Christianity does.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:52 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,170,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Yeah, Paul said he had a vision but so do lots of people. Jesus sent His followers with the words given to Him and the words of the prophets before Him. In essence the words of God and the son of man, the prophets.

Paul never used the words of Jesus except one time when mentioning the last supper. This shows Paul was not sent by Jesus at all.

He was an imposter who just rode a fad about Jesus being the Christ. The messiah, the anointed, was there before Jesus but Israel failed to see Him just as Christianity does.
The book disagrees with your statement..............

Act 9:13 But Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem.
Act 9:14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name."
Act 9:15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.
Act 9:16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name."

Old 08-10-2021, 08:44 PM

63,867 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
The book disagrees with your statement..............

Act 9:13 But Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem.
Act 9:14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name."
Act 9:15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.
Act 9:16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name."

Old 08-11-2021, 06:11 AM

We worship only Jesus but the Spirit inspired the directive of imitating Paul as he imitated Christ. Something that was not said of anybody I know of in the NT.

1 Corinthians 11:1, ESV: "Be imitators of me (Paul), as I am of Christ."

Paul was the recipient of the Lords grace, Jesus could just as well of vaporized Paul but instead HE chose him to carry the NEW MESSAGE of GRACE to the Gentiles and the world. But it cost him dearly and he suffered, only to be gladly beheaded in the end as he looked forward to meeting his mighty Savior that he once persecuted.........

So all of you scoffing and mocking Paul had better re-think your attitude before you pass off this planet.......Paul will be playing a big role in heaven IMO.............

Old 08-13-2021, 03:14 AM

614 posts, read 173,541 times
Is Paul's doctrine responsible for much of the modern day suffering of the Jews? When I said that Paul fulfills a prophecy, is it that one? His doctrine declares grace. Is it also responsible for how man, particularly Western man, has a hard time allowing Jews to just be regular people, not mixing them in over time, like with most other groups? As a result, they have been treated differently, sometimes persecuted. I don't think that was his intention. I do think God knew it was going to happen. That is why Elijah laments Hazael's ascendancy. He is telling us ahead of time how badly it will make Him feel. He isn't saying that grace is wrong.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
Is Paul's doctrine responsible for much of the modern day suffering of the Jews? When I said that Paul fulfills a prophecy, is it that one? His doctrine declares grace. Is it also responsible for how man, particularly Western man, has a hard time allowing Jews to just be regular people, not mixing them in over time, like with most other groups? As a result, they have been treated differently, sometimes persecuted. I don't think that was his intention. I do think God knew it was going to happen. That is why Elijah laments Hazael's ascendancy. He is telling us ahead of time how badly it will make Him feel. He isn't saying that grace is wrong.
Paul writes almost exclusively to believing Gentiles........a message of grace so I doubt any persecution comes from that..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity