Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 01:12 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,167,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Yes, true. And chosen by none other than Jesus, to be the "rock" (Petra/Peter) of the church and ministry.

And Paul? He enjoyed an early life as murderer and persecuter. If people think that makes for a good resume, well...
I'm shocked Thoreau at your disdain of Paul since he was chosen personally by Jesus and sent to the gentiles.........

11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2021, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You are Ke'pha, (small stone) but on this SHU'A, I will build MY Church.
You are Petros, but on this PETRA (massive rock) I will build MY Church.

It isn't saying: "You are Peter, and on this Peter..." Rather, it's his confession.

Be careful when putting Petro in that Pope mobile, it may peter-out.

Peter is NEVER the rock......JESUS always is and many verses attest to that fact.......

Old 08-07-2021, 01:18 AM

Some on here have some major problems ahead if Jesus means what HE says in Romans 2:16.......how many think HE's just joking????

Old 08-07-2021, 02:07 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
You are Ke'pha, (small stone) but on this SHU'A, I will build MY Church.
You are Petros, but on this PETRA (massive rock) I will build MY Church.

It isn't saying: "You are Peter, and on this Peter..." Rather, it's his confession.

Be careful when putting Petro in that Pope mobile, it may peter-out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Peter is NEVER the rock......JESUS always is and many verses attest to that fact.......
Try reading with comprehension. Isn't that what I said, or is yours a Christianity for dummies?

Old 08-07-2021, 06:55 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Some just casually ignore Paul and believe only red letters or the 4 gospels. If somebody talks salvation from the 4 gospels I ignore them. The message of salvation was only given to Paul by the risen Christ when He turned from Israel and went to the Gentiles.

Romans 16:25
King James Version
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Jesus knew what the 12 didn't, there would be a 2,000 year interruption of the prophetic timeline while the Spirit gathered believers for the body of Christ. This has thrown people for a loop all over.

To Paul was given the one and only Gospel of Grace that saves Jew and Gentile alike today, it's at 1COR15:1-4.

You WILL BE judged by this same gospel.......

Romans 2:16
King James Version
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to MY (Paul's) gospel.

I am pretty sure that Jesus was quite accurate about salvation as well V6

Old 08-07-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Try reading with comprehension. Isn't that what I said, or is yours a Christianity for dummies?
Apparently for dummies........good job on your part and a bit over the top on mine..........

Old 08-07-2021, 09:44 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
Many so called Christians completely reject everything Paul wrote, says he contradicts the concept of grace, but those people are not educated or they are biased, Eph. 2:8 Grace + Faith= Salvation. Paul taught that so the nay-sayers are wrong. The full counsel of God is required, not just the 4 Gospel accounts.

Some even say Paul has a different Gospel for gentile in contrast to Jews, such a lie. Jews and Gentiles are saved the exact same way under the new covenant.
I don't completely "reject everything Paul wrote". Never said that. I just said that he was a mortal man. I have studied everything Paul has written.

I have never heard that Paul has a "different Gospel for Jews".

1, Jews do not have a Gospel. They have the Torah. Paul is irrelevant to them. They are Jewish.

2. Paul is an Apostle who helped to spread the Gospel and to organize the early church. He has "epistles" not Gospels. There are 4 Gospels. None were written by Paul.

3. Other people who I do not worship include Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. It's easier to say I do worship - the Triune God. As a Christian, especially Jesus Christ.

All scripture is profitable for study and reflection 2 Timothy 3:16-17

But some of it is metaphor and opinion.

I do think Fundamentalists focus too much on the teachings of Paul and the most harsh Hebrew scriptures.

Old 08-07-2021, 09:57 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Yes, true. And chosen by none other than Jesus, to be the "rock" (Petra/Peter) of the church and ministry.

And Paul? He enjoyed an early life as murderer and persecuter. If people think that makes for a good resume, well...
Jesus chose a lot of imperfect people. Kind of like all of us.

Old 08-07-2021, 10:24 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I don't completely "reject everything Paul wrote". Never said that. I just said that he was a mortal man. I have studied everything Paul has written.

I have never heard that Paul has a "different Gospel for Jews".

1, Jews do not have a Gospel. They have the Torah. Paul is irrelevant to them. They are Jewish.

2. Paul is an Apostle who helped to spread the Gospel and to organize the early church. He has "epistles" not Gospels. There are 4 Gospels. None were written by Paul.

3. Other people who I do not worship include Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. It's easier to say I do worship - the Triune God. As a Christian, especially Jesus Christ.

All scripture is profitable for study and reflection 2 Timothy 3:16-17

But some of it is metaphor and opinion.

I do think Fundamentalists focus too much on the teachings of Paul and the most harsh Hebrew scriptures.
I can agree with all of that!

Old 08-08-2021, 06:26 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I can agree with all of that!
me too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity