Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 07:23 AM

614 posts, read 172,967 times

Advertisements

Paul is also involved in the prophetic story of Elijah and Elisha. When Elijah ran from the promise of Jezebel that she would certainly kill him, he went to Mt. Sinai. At Mt. Sinai Elijah was told a few things. One of them was to go and anoint Hazael as king over Syria. Paul is, essentially, Hazael.

Ok, how does that fit in? It fits in because the Elijah story is the story of the work of the Holy Spirit regarding man. It begins with the ministry of John, where the Spirit was fed by ravens. Then it extends as the Spirit descends upon Jesus at His baptism. This begins Jesus' ministry.

It corresponds to when Elijah spent time with the widow and raised the widow's son from the dead. As with Jezebel, women here symbolically represent the spiritual tent under which a person encounters God. Jezebel is the Sanhedrin. The widow is the spiritual tent under which certain people were expecting the Messiah, I think.

The confrontation with the false prophets is depicted when the Holy Spirit brings fire down from heaven upon the 120 in tongues of fire, while the others who said they were the Messiah could bring nothing. Only Elijah, the Holy Spirit, could bring the fire down from heaven. Jesus baptized us with the Holy Spirit. But the Spirit and Jesus are one. When Paul met Jesus on the road to Damascus, see here Syria, He met the Holy Spirit. Only this time, it is as Elisha, in the tale of how the Spirit is working in all of this.

Putting Paul in context may help us to deal with him emotionally. We can definitely see that Paul's anointing means something. Don't fail to notice how much the Spirit wept, though, upon the anointing. He could see how much that Hazael was going to kill and destroy His people. I think we are supposed to take that into account too. It is about how debilitating it is to have to see each other with eyes that see another as an equal. There is no specialness for anybody anymore with Paul. You can't get in because of your ancestors. You don't qualify because you are beautiful. Everybody is equal, and that is a disaster for most people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 09:48 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
Paul is also involved in the prophetic story of Elijah and Elisha. When Elijah ran from the promise of Jezebel that she would certainly kill him, he went to Mt. Sinai. At Mt. Sinai Elijah was told a few things. One of them was to go and anoint Hazael as king over Syria. Paul is, essentially, Hazael.

Ok, how does that fit in? It fits in because the Elijah story is the story of the work of the Holy Spirit regarding man. It begins with the ministry of John, where the Spirit was fed by ravens. Then it extends as the Spirit descends upon Jesus at His baptism. This begins Jesus' ministry.

It corresponds to when Elijah spent time with the widow and raised the widow's son from the dead. As with Jezebel, women here symbolically represent the spiritual tent under which a person encounters God. Jezebel is the Sanhedrin. The widow is the spiritual tent under which certain people were expecting the Messiah, I think.

The confrontation with the false prophets is depicted when the Holy Spirit brings fire down from heaven upon the 120 in tongues of fire, while the others who said they were the Messiah could bring nothing. Only Elijah, the Holy Spirit, could bring the fire down from heaven. Jesus baptized us with the Holy Spirit. But the Spirit and Jesus are one. When Paul met Jesus on the road to Damascus, see here Syria, He met the Holy Spirit. Only this time, it is as Elisha, in the tale of how the Spirit is working in all of this.

Putting Paul in context may help us to deal with him emotionally. We can definitely see that Paul's anointing means something. Don't fail to notice how much the Spirit wept, though, upon the anointing. He could see how much that Hazael was going to kill and destroy His people. I think we are supposed to take that into account too. It is about how debilitating it is to have to see each other with eyes that see another as an equal. There is no specialness for anybody anymore with Paul. You can't get in because of your ancestors. You don't qualify because you are beautiful. Everybody is equal, and that is a disaster for most people.

You're trying to mix Jew and Gentile in prophesy and the gentiles don't have any prophesies only the Jews. Paul was sent specifically to the Gentile even though he was a hybrid Jew/Gentile himself. God had a plan whereby the Jews would serve as Priests and introduce the Gentiles to God, that all went out the window with the rejection of Jesus. Jesus then turned from the Jews (temporarily) and has gone to the Gentiles for the last 2,000 years. Denominations and the traditions of man have not caught on to this and have been blending all the scriptures and law and grace together for centuries now. It spells CONFUSION for everybody who can't rightly divide scripture. Too bad.................

Old 08-08-2021, 09:55 AM

If we take the book at its word and ONLY those who know and believe 1COR15:1-4 as THE ONE gospel and the one we are ALL judged by, we can see an incredibly tiny amount of people will actually be saved. Jesus has provided a salvation for all at the cross only a tiny remnant will ACCEPT THE FREE GIFT..........out of ignorance or unbelief..........those who have consigned themselves to hell out of that unbelief will have to live with the fact they didn't have to go there at all.........but they will be locked in for eternity..........and they will blame God as a cruel unjust one for being in such a hideous place. They will never realize they sent themselves there............if only one wakes up and sees the light then all the words here will have been worth it........we serve a mighty JUST God who wants ALL TO BE SAVED!

Old 08-08-2021, 10:49 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
If we take the book at its word and ONLY those who know and believe 1COR15:1-4 as THE ONE gospel and the one we are ALL judged by, we can see an incredibly tiny amount of people will actually be saved. Jesus has provided a salvation for all at the cross only a tiny remnant will ACCEPT THE FREE GIFT..........out of ignorance or unbelief..........those who have consigned themselves to hell out of that unbelief will have to live with the fact they didn't have to go there at all.........but they will be locked in for eternity..........and they will blame God as a cruel unjust one for being in such a hideous place. They will never realize they sent themselves there............if only one wakes up and sees the light then all the words here will have been worth it........we serve a mighty JUST God who wants ALL TO BE SAVED!
Utter human ignorance and irrational nonsense about human justice having no resemblance to God's perfect justice! What God wants, God will have. What Jesus came to do, Jesus accomplished. ALL have been saved. Not all will take full advantage of their salvation, but they are still saved.

Old 08-08-2021, 11:12 AM

732 posts, read 211,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I don't completely "reject everything Paul wrote". Never said that. I just said that he was a mortal man. I have studied everything Paul has written.

I have never heard that Paul has a "different Gospel for Jews".

1, Jews do not have a Gospel. They have the Torah. Paul is irrelevant to them. They are Jewish.

2. Paul is an Apostle who helped to spread the Gospel and to organize the early church. He has "epistles" not Gospels. There are 4 Gospels. None were written by Paul.

3. Other people who I do not worship include Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. It's easier to say I do worship - the Triune God. As a Christian, especially Jesus Christ.

All scripture is profitable for study and reflection 2 Timothy 3:16-17

But some of it is metaphor and opinion.

I do think Fundamentalists focus too much on the teachings of Paul and the most harsh Hebrew scriptures.
Concerning jews, you said they have the Torah, well, according to Christ the Torah is no longer valid for worship practices, if the jews didn't accept Christ and His Gospel then they will be lost.

Old 08-08-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Utter human ignorance and irrational nonsense about human justice having no resemblance to God's perfect justice! What God wants, God will have. What Jesus came to do, Jesus accomplished. ALL have been saved. Not all will take full advantage of their salvation, but they are still saved.

No choice Mystic you get saved whether you want it or not? how about all the folks that mock God and want no part of him??? that's not love but rape...........

Old 08-08-2021, 04:51 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,128,986 times
Quote:
Some just casually ignore Paul and believe only red letters or the 4 gospels. If somebody talks salvation from the 4 gospels I ignore them. The message of salvation was only given to Paul by the risen Christ when He turned from Israel and went to the Gentiles.

Romans 16:25
King James Version
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Jesus knew what the 12 didn't, there would be a 2,000 year interruption of the prophetic timeline while the Spirit gathered believers for the body of Christ. This has thrown people for a loop all over.

To Paul was given the one and only Gospel of Grace that saves Jew and Gentile alike today, it's at 1COR15:1-4.

You WILL BE judged by this same gospel.......

Romans 2:16
King James Version
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to MY (Paul's) gospel.
I respectfully disagree.

I sure hope that what Paul is preaching is 100% consistent with what Jesus taught, and was 100% divinely inspired. Otherwise, his teachings are flawed.

When Paul is speaking about his teachings and his Gospel, hopefully he means "teachings and Gospel that he taught, fully consistent with what Jesus taught".

I wonder if some of Paul's teachings were his own human-ness coming through.

Old 08-08-2021, 04:59 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
No choice Mystic you get saved whether you want it or not? how about all the folks that mock God and want no part of him??? that's not love but rape...........
They are rejecting what human ignorance and imagination have said God is. That is not rejecting God. Once that ignorance is wiped away by death, they will have a correct understanding even if it may be somewhat unpleasant to learn it.

Old 08-08-2021, 05:49 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
And Peter was renamed/known by the name Simon, who in other places is a magician, and didn’t he deny the Lord?

Like Saul (OT reference precursor to David) and Paul

Not all is as it seems/perceived

The Apostle Peter, and Simon the magician were two different people.

Quote:
18 When Simon (the magician) saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money 19 and said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”

20 Peter (the Apostle) answered (speaking to Simon the magician): “May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money! 21 You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God. 22 Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord in the hope that he may forgive you for having such a thought in your heart. 23 For I see that you are full of bitterness and captive to sin.”
Acts 8:18-23

Old 08-09-2021, 10:15 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,382,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They are rejecting what human ignorance and imagination have said God is. That is not rejecting God. Once that ignorance is wiped away by death, they will have a correct understanding even if it may be somewhat unpleasant to learn it.
I would have to agree with that (bolded/underlined) - It was not a pleasant experience.

I have often wondered, what will one be able to do about it, once dead?
In this life it seems we still have option/freedom to express a 'faith' (believing without seeing).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity