Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 09:33 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times

Advertisements

Some just casually ignore Paul and believe only red letters or the 4 gospels. If somebody talks salvation from the 4 gospels I ignore them. The message of salvation was only given to Paul by the risen Christ when He turned from Israel and went to the Gentiles.

Romans 16:25
King James Version
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Jesus knew what the 12 didn't, there would be a 2,000 year interruption of the prophetic timeline while the Spirit gathered believers for the body of Christ. This has thrown people for a loop all over.

To Paul was given the one and only Gospel of Grace that saves Jew and Gentile alike today, it's at 1COR15:1-4.

You WILL BE judged by this same gospel.......

Romans 2:16
King James Version
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to MY (Paul's) gospel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 10:42 AM

63,841 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Some just casually ignore Paul and believe only red letters or the 4 gospels. If somebody talks salvation from the 4 gospels I ignore them. The message of salvation was only given to Paul by the risen Christ when He turned from Israel and went to the Gentiles.

King James Version
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Jesus knew what the 12 didn't, there would be a 2,000 year interruption of the prophetic timeline while the Spirit gathered believers for the body of Christ. This has thrown people for a loop all over.

To Paul was given the one and only Gospel of Grace that saves Jew and Gentile alike today, it's at 1COR15:1-4.

King James Version
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to MY (Paul's) gospel.
I have no doubt whatsoever that Saul (aka Paul) encountered the Risen Christ. How could I since I believe I did as well. Paul was obviously an advanced Jewish Mystic attuned to the spiritual and only using the carnal to teach our carnal ancestors what they could not spiritually see. He said as much when he explained that he became who he needed to be to communicate with each different audience.

But we have the clear and unambiguous True Nature of God revealed by Jesus under the worst possible conditions, so we have no excuse. There was no sign of wrath or vengeance in Him despite the horrendously brutal treatment and death He endured from our savage ancestors. That cannot ever be construed to believe God is wrathful, but that does not mean there are no negative spiritual consequences for us. They just are NOT punishment imposed by the wrath of God.

Old 08-06-2021, 02:29 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
I do not worship Saul (Paul of Tarsus) and there are some things that he wrote that are quirky and very zealous. I think he was a Jewish zealot when he murdered Stephen. After he became Paul, he had the same imperfect and extreme personality. Except he was Christian. Paul was a man. Warts and thorns and all. He obviously had a conversion experience and he loved Jesus Christ, but he was a mortal human being who was flawed. After his conversion, his personality essentially was unchanged.

I have read the Epistles many times. Some of his letters are beautiful, especially his treatise about love in 1 Corinthians. Others are his opinion as an ancient, middle eastern man. He is certainly not a member of the God head. He is a man.

Fundamentalist Christians love to cherry pick the Old Testement and dwell on Paul. They seemingly ignore the Gospels. It fits their narative better.

Old 08-06-2021, 02:48 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
It’s part of the layering effect that is in all of Scripture - the higher/lower

Isa 55:5**Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.
Isa 55:6**Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
Isa 55:7**Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Isa 55:8**For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9**For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isa 55:10**For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
Isa 55:11**So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Isa 55:12**For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
Isa 55:13**Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

Paul’s writings have a “blueprint” of the building up and separating/division of the nations/gentiles, within his writings, concerning both the tearing and healing, blinding/healing, which is taken from the prophetic in the old, and modified/changed/transformed to the new - Saul/Paul

The template as it were, and the generations following fulfilled it according to their own will

Old 08-06-2021, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I do not worship Saul (Paul of Tarsus) and there are some things that he wrote that are quirky and very zealous. I think he was a Jewish zealot when he murdered Stephen. After he became Paul, he had the same imperfect and extreme personality. Except he was Christian. Paul was a man. Warts and thorns and all. He obviously had a conversion experience and he loved Jesus Christ, but he was a mortal human being who was flawed. After his conversion, his personality essentially was unchanged.

I have read the Epistles many times. Some of his letters are beautiful, especially his treatise about love in 1 Corinthians. Others are his opinion as an ancient, middle eastern man. He is certainly not a member of the God head. He is a man.

Fundamentalist Christians love to cherry pick the Old Testement and dwell on Paul. They seemingly ignore the Gospels. It fits their narative better.
Depending on our heart will depend on what we see in Scripture -it’s about understanding/dividing/separation

That is the nature of the metaphorical tree of the knowledge of good and evil

Old 08-06-2021, 03:07 PM

732 posts, read 211,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post

King James Version

King James Version
Many so called Christians completely reject everything Paul wrote, says he contradicts the concept of grace, but those people are not educated or they are biased, Eph. 2:8 Grace + Faith= Salvation. Paul taught that so the nay-sayers are wrong. The full counsel of God is required, not just the 4 Gospel accounts.

Some even say Paul has a different Gospel for gentile in contrast to Jews, such a lie. Jews and Gentiles are saved the exact same way under the new covenant.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:23 PM

63,841 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
Many so called Christians completely reject everything Paul wrote, says he contradicts the concept of grace, but those people are not educated or they are biased, Eph. 2:8 Grace + Faith= Salvation. Paul taught that so the nay-sayers are wrong. The full counsel of God is required, not just the 4 Gospel accounts.

Some even say Paul has a different Gospel for gentile in contrast to Jews, such a lie. Jews and Gentiles are saved the exact same way under the new covenant.
Under the New Covenant, salvation became a non-issue since Jesus achieved it for us. What we do or do not do to build on the foundation of agape love and reconciliation Jesus laid for us became the only issue. We build on that foundation by the agape love of God and each other every day and repenting when we fail.

Old 08-06-2021, 04:08 PM

11,104 posts, read 7,174,871 times
The Gospels are entirely sufficient and complete, with a focus on Jesus' teachings and life example. I don't need Paul, and don't want to add anything extraneous to what is already complete.

Heaven will not be affected by Paul, and Paul's followers.

Old 08-06-2021, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
The Gospels are entirely sufficient and complete, with a focus on Jesus' teachings and life example. I don't need Paul, and don't want to add anything extraneous to what is already complete.

Heaven will not be affected by Paul, and Paul's followers.
There is a difference between the individual and the societal

It was/is about keeping the necessary separation of the personal from the societal/public and not mixing the responsibilities/duties that the religious “assemblies” “gatherings” have, which have become oppressive and “overburden” the individuals that are under the “systems” care, at every stage/age there is a release/freeing

Heaven/earth are in relation to each other, in the world/age/creation to come there is still heaven/earth in relation to each - not just “heaven”

Old 08-06-2021, 04:45 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Paul was God’s chosen Apostle to the Gentiles. His epistles are instructions to the church, confirmed by Peter. Liberals cherry pick a few passages of his that fits their narrative and trash the remainder as the “words of a man”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity