Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 05:11 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Because the name Jehovah never actually appears. They used YHWH because they didn't use vowels.

If you'd bother to read the translator notes of any Bible, they'll tell you that they used "LORD" as a substitute for a name was that really is not pronounceable.

I gather you think there was no deliberate manipulation of the word Baptist. I believe they were promoting an agenda. Isn't it interesting when those same Bible versions do not try to obscure the names of pagan gods in their versions, rather the true God's name. They have affected many with their perversion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 05:16 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
YHWH -Hebrew for GOD.

No sir, El, is Hebrew for God. YHWH is God's name in Hebrew that is translated Jehovah in English

Old 08-13-2021, 05:16 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
It has been stated that Jehovah's name occurs 6973 times in the original writing. The translators of the King James version of the Bible translated it LORD in all but 4 places, why do you suppose that happened?
Let me guess! We all need a New World Translation so we can get His name right?

Old 08-13-2021, 07:12 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:
It has been stated that Jehovah's name occurs 6973 times in the original writing. The translators of the King James version of the Bible translated it LORD in all but 4 places, why do you suppose that happened?
I'm just wondering...why are you guys so fixated on the name Jehovah? Why does it matter? Do you think He cares what you call Him? You already know what He wants so why the obsession with capital J Jehovah??

Old 08-13-2021, 07:50 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
I gather you think there was no deliberate manipulation of the word Baptist. I believe they were promoting an agenda. Isn't it interesting when those same Bible versions do not try to obscure the names of pagan gods in their versions, rather the true God's name. They have affected many with their perversion.
I think you're believing what you've been told by people with an agenda.

Old 08-13-2021, 08:20 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,846,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I'm just wondering...why are you guys so fixated on the name Jehovah? Why does it matter? Do you think He cares what you call Him? You already know what He wants so why the obsession with capital J Jehovah??
Jehovah's Witnesses tend to be fixated on Jehovah.

God is Jesus, who was manifest in the flesh and believed on in the world..

God (his and our Father) is probably Yeshua, Yahweh, or Immanuel.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:00 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
YHWH - Hebrew for GOD.
Quote:
No sir, El, is Hebrew for God. YHWH is God's name in Hebrew that is translated Jehovah in English
I understand that you are selling the name that appears over your Organization believing you are the ONLY true worshipers and faithful of God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I think you're believing what you've been told by people with an agenda.
This is true.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:59 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Jehovah is the mighty God according to Psalms 50:1 (kjv).

Compare Isaiah 9:6.

Jehovah created the heavens and the earth by Himself and all alone (Isaiah 44:24).

How, then, did Jesus have a part in it (John 1:3, Ephesians 3:9, Colossians 1:16)?

Old 08-13-2021, 10:36 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Yet, every single English translation that translates the Divine name into English uses Jehovah.
No, not every single one.
Literal Standard Version
Genesis 2:7 And YHWH God forms the man—dust from the ground, and breathes into his nostrils breath of life, and the man becomes a living creature.

World English Bible
Genesis 2:7 Yahweh God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Quote:
As you stated there is no J in Hebrew, but again we are speaking English.
I'd explain it to you but I'd be wasting my time.

Old 08-13-2021, 11:33 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
No, not every single one.
Literal Standard Version
Genesis 2:7 And YHWH God forms the man—dust from the ground, and breathes into his nostrils breath of life, and the man becomes a living creature.

World English Bible
Genesis 2:7 Yahweh God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

I'd explain it to you but I'd be wasting my time.
I believe it was already explained to him in another thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity