Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2021, 08:58 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times

Advertisements

Yes it is and we see it 4 times in the book.............

1Co_9:17* For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Eph_1:10* That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph_3:2* If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col_1:25* Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

"A certain order, system, or arrangement; administration or management. Theology. the divine ordering of the affairs of the world. an appointment, arrangement, or favor, as by God. a divinely appointed order or age: the old Mosaic, or Jewish, dispensation; the new gospel, or Christian, dispensation."

Unfortunately over the years this has been given a bad connotation by some and it is generally ignored in Christian circles, and it certainly shouldn't be. The obvious root of the term is "dispense" and we can use the example of a pharmacy. If we went into that pharmacy and gathered up a bunch of labels that go on prescriptions and just mixed them all up and stuck them on bottles at ramdom, utter confusion and probably a few deaths would result. And so it is with most of Christianity today they wander around in the book at random and are totally confused. I used to do the same, just open the book somewhere and read for a while. Learned absolutely nothing........was in OT law and then in Paul's grace books and they seemed to contradict each other.......James totally contradicted Paul and vice versa. When I finally figured out James spoke to Jews under the law and Paul spoke to those in the body of Christ under GRACE it all made sense and they could both be right in the correct context.

It is the key to understanding the book.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 10:26 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Is the term "dispensational" Biblical?

Short answer . . . Yes.

Longer answer . . . The Greek word ''oikonomia'' is translated both as ''dispensation'' and as ''stewardship'' or ''administration'' (Luke 16:2-4;1 Corinthians 9:17, Ephesians 1:10).

Modern English translations tend to not use the word 'dispensation' in favor of ''stewardship' or ''administration'' but a dispensation is an administration or stewardship. The term has to do with management in general as in Luke 16:2-4 and in the way in which God administers his plan to a specific people at a specific time in human history. As two examples, 1) Israel was under the Mosaic Law but the church is not. 2) In the age of Israel only males of the tribe of Levi could be priests though not all Levites were priests but in the Church-age every believer, both male and female is a priest.

Biblically speaking, God's overall plan involves differences in which God deals with different peoples during the dispensations of Gentiles, Israel, Church, and Christ during human history.

Dispensation = οἰκονομία/oikonimia (1 Cor. 9:17; Eph. 1:10, 3:9; Col. 1:25)

Old 08-12-2021, 01:12 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Yes, dispensation is very important

Old 08-12-2021, 02:12 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
One version is Adam to the Cross of Christ where the devil has limited spiritual equal in power to God, ...... The cross of Christ to the fall of antichrist which is an age of Grace God gives to man through Jesus were the devil is a defeated foe ...... The fall of antichrist to the great judgment of God creation at the end of time, ............all these three will show, first man with the devil can heavily rule over man...........second to the show man who has spiritual authority against the power of the devil, .............third the last were the devil with sin is removed from man where this gives God a witness of man

Old 08-17-2021, 06:24 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post

1Co_9:17* For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Eph_1:10* That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph_3:2* If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col_1:25* Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

"A certain order, system, or arrangement; administration or management. Theology. the divine ordering of the affairs of the world. an appointment, arrangement, or favor, as by God. a divinely appointed order or age: the old Mosaic, or Jewish, dispensation; the new gospel, or Christian, dispensation."

Unfortunately over the years this has been given a bad connotation by some and it is generally ignored in Christian circles, and it certainly shouldn't be. The obvious root of the term is "dispense" and we can use the example of a pharmacy. If we went into that pharmacy and gathered up a bunch of labels that go on prescriptions and just mixed them all up and stuck them on bottles at ramdom, utter confusion and probably a few deaths would result. And so it is with most of Christianity today they wander around in the book at random and are totally confused. I used to do the same, just open the book somewhere and read for a while. Learned absolutely nothing........was in OT law and then in Paul's grace books and they seemed to contradict each other.......James totally contradicted Paul and vice versa. When I finally figured out James spoke to Jews under the law and Paul spoke to those in the body of Christ under GRACE it all made sense and they could both be right in the correct context.

An identifying trait of Christians Cruiser is their ministry, their doing the assigned work. We are still doing it, and will continue to do so until Mat 24:14 is accomplished.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:52 AM

17,813 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post

Sounds like Les Feldick talking here. All the way down to calling it "the book"...

"Dispensation" does seem to be a convenient way to get around some perceived small glitches in doctrine between various apostles. However is some regards it's just as easy to see that Paul needed to slightly adapt some doctrine in order to make it more appealing to gentiles. I mean how many grown up guys are going to be all that excited about being circumcised?

Other than circumcision it seems like a lot of the other arguments are semantical. Do you keep the law believing that it saves you or not (dispensationalists generally believe that law keeping (that they do keep) is an evidence of and a function of faith). The role of water baptism (does it save you/symbol/necessary at all) and so on and so forth.

It's really interesting when you get to Bible prophecy because that's where Dispensationalists tend to split themselves.

Old 08-17-2021, 09:06 AM

63,841 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Is the term "dispensational" Biblical?
Short answer . . . Yes.
More important answer: Is it CHRISTian? Christians have been sidetracked from Christ's actual Good News Gospel by trying to merge our ignorant ancestors' biblical beliefs about God with Christ's revelations. They rejected Christ because they rejected the God He represented and Christians have been perpetuating their ignorance for millennia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity