Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 06:46 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are wrong, Charlie. God would not use the written word to check the written word. That is why He sent the Comforter (Holy Spirit) to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." Why do you ignore the scripture that tells us that??? Do you not believe Jesus told us the truth about the Comforter???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
What is it that Jeremiah 31:33 says is "written in our hearts?" Is it not the Law of God given to us time and time again in scripture? How would you know what is to be "written in our hearts" without the scripture?
Jeremiah applied BEFORE Jesus came and became the Comforter as He promised, Charlie! You ignore all the scripture from Jesus that tells us about the Comforter as our guide to what God has "written in our hearts" so you can blindly accept everything "written in ink" without consulting the Comforter. You test nothing by the Holy Spirit to be sure it IS from the Holy Spirit. You are taking an enormous and unnecessary risk which is why you do not know God or Jesus. You are on a path to chastisement and "pruning" that you will not enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 06:48 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Charlie tends to work on the principle of the friend of my enemy is the enemy

It goes like:- If you agree with mystic or a universalist You must be of the enemy and to be opposed whatever

Which goes against how we are to be even handed with everyone, not pre-judging issues and people, but approaching all from an innocent and vulnerable position - those of self, friend, neighbour, foe, adversary (no difference)
That's just plain sad.

Old 09-03-2021, 06:52 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Jeremiah applied BEFORE Jesus came and became the Comforter as He promised, Charlie! You ignore all the scripture from Jesus that tells us about the Comforter as our guide to what God has "written in our hearts" so you can blindly accept everything "written in ink" without consulting the Comforter. You test nothing by the Holy Spirit to be sure it IS from the Holy Spirit. You are taking an enormous and unnecessary risk which is why you do not know God or Jesus. You are on a path to chastisement and "pruning" that you will not enjoy!
It's not fooling anyone Mystic that there is a common theme of what you have so-called, tested, against scripture and found untrustworthy! Not fooling anyone but yourself!

Old 09-03-2021, 06:56 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
That's just plain sad.
I find a lot sad in this world Katzpur (looking at the global picture Of excess, poverty, imbalance, etc which I personally have no control over)

But still retain my faith in spite of that

Old 09-03-2021, 07:13 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
I find a lot sad in this world Katzpur (looking at the global picture Of excess, poverty, imbalance, etc which I personally have no control over)

But still retain my faith in spite of that
The funny thing is that there are many, many things Mystic and I disagree on. Some of them are pretty significant. I think he'd be the first to tell you that. But none of us need to see anyone else as "the enemy" simply because we disagree on some things. We can acknowledge our differences and still recognize that there are things we have in common. At least that's what I like to do, and what Mystic and I have managed to do. It's what Michael Way and I have been able to do, too.

Old 09-03-2021, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The funny thing is that there are many, many things Mystic and I disagree on. Some of them are pretty significant. I think he'd be the first to tell you that. But none of us need to see anyone else as "the enemy" simply because we disagree on some things. We can acknowledge our differences and still recognize that there are things we have in common. At least that's what I like to do, and what Mystic and I have managed to do.
Me too, Katzpur

We are to choose to put aside the natural differences to come to a better agreement for the benefit of humanity in general

That was always what the religious and philosophers were looking forward to - whether they were aligned with the Jewish sects, or Roman elite (or their slaves) barbarian tribes, etc

The point was not to be (self) ish, which is where the “western” mindset seems to be, and is the last to come to pass (be generated).............

I believe it is about different levels as we are told in the Scriptures

Last edited by Meerkat2; 09-03-2021 at 07:29 PM..

Old 09-03-2021, 07:45 PM

Quote:
I disagree mystic, Jeremiah was a prophet and he was speaking to those to come afterwards, the generations to come

What I see is a revolving around that 4th Day

Gen 1:14**And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Gen 1:15**And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:16**And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Gen 1:17**And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
Gen 1:18**And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:19**And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:12 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
I disagree mystic, Jeremiah was a prophet and he was speaking to those to come afterwards, the generations to come.
That is too bad. You usually are very perceptive. Why do you do not realize the coming of Jesus and His ascension as the Comforter instituted the New Covenant and changed the status of our hearts and minds from the unreliable hearts and minds of our primitive ancestors.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
That is too bad. You usually are very perceptive. Why do you do not realize the coming of Jesus and His ascension as the Comforter instituted the New Covenant and changed the status of our hearts and minds from the unreliable hearts and minds of our primitive ancestors.
But that is exactly what I do focus on mystic

That is the focal point .. the sun ... which no natural person can live on .......and no natural person can look at and see .... you will be blinded

That point in time is the 4th Day ....spoken of from the beginning

Gen 1:14**And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Gen 1:15**And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:16**And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Gen 1:17**And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
Gen 1:18**And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:19**And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

There is a revolving around that ‘4th Day’

Everything builds up .... and falls away from that ‘point’

Old 09-03-2021, 08:22 PM

299 posts, read 104,209 times
Forgive a brief digression back to the the original topic:

To the question of whether 100% of everything is God's will, I haven't yet heard a declarative and unequivocal "no". Does anyone think that some things really do happen that were not meant to happen?

Teleology is a strong theme in Christian faith - the idea that history is moving inexorably toward a certain end point or goal. If we grant that much, I think we will agree that events in the historical timeline that lead toward that goal are God's will.

If someone believes that some events violate God's will, I hope they would explain how history will arrive at its predetermined goal if it is full of events that do not lead in that direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity