Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 05:53 AM

614 posts, read 173,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Joshua 24:15

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

That's good, but it isn't the explicit proof you keep demanding from me. When I show you obvious derivations you don't believe they say anything. I am only giving you what you give. These are your standards, not mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2021, 06:02 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
That's good, but it isn't the explicit proof you keep demanding from me. When I show you obvious derivations you don't believe they say anything. I am only giving you what you give. These are your standards, not mine.
It's not hard to figure out the free will thing. You can serve God or not, He won't force you!

If you didn't have free will to do whatever you want there would be no need for the scripture to show you what is right and wrong. You wouldn't have that choice! You would be a robot.

Old 09-04-2021, 06:53 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
"Rev. Williams is not in charge of this church; God is. It doesn’t matter how badly I want certain things to happen. If it is not God’s will, it’s not going to happen."
How does that relate to every single decision, intent, idea, desire, commitment, etc. ?
(even those that have no link whatsoever to religion) Thanks.
responding to your topic, NOT everything is "God's WILL." Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3). had NOTHING to do with the wickedness on Earth. it's satan who's causes man to do what he wants ,(1John 5:19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one). satan caused imperfect man to believe that he can rule over another imperfect man. satan put in man the traits of arrogant, evil, hateful, selfish, etc. but Jehovah God will soon rid satan, his demons and ALL who refuse to live righteously. and he will do this by means of his Son Jesus Christ ,(1John 3:8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil). peace

Old 09-04-2021, 10:48 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,184,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Brightfame and Charlie, I'm not sure if you've really stopped to think about what you just said. Jesus was asking His Father to forgive those who had crucified Him because they didn't realize what they were actually doing. They were acting out of ignorance. That's pretty much which the unbelievers are doing when they reject Jesus. So they would definitely not be excluded from the ones Jesus asked His Father to forgive.
Some unbelievers were forgiven based upon Christs death satisfying Gods law and Justice for them. Those sinners were reconciled to God while being enemies, unbelievers Rom 5:10. However there are some unbelievers of which the wrath of God abides on them, and they shall not see life, meaning they will never see/experience, partake of eternal life, not now, not in the future Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. They are not forgiven because Gods wrath is upon them.

Old 09-04-2021, 03:28 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Some unbelievers were forgiven based upon Christs death satisfying Gods law and Justice for them. Those sinners were reconciled to God while being enemies, unbelievers Rom 5:10. However there are some unbelievers of which the wrath of God abides on them, and they shall not see life, meaning they will never see/experience, partake of eternal life, not now, not in the future Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. They are not forgiven because Gods wrath is upon them.
::Sigh:: Another "child of wrath" speaks pretending to be a follower of Christ!

Old 09-04-2021, 03:52 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:

I don't see unbelievers as necessarily being God's enemies. Let's say you'd been born in 3rd Century China, you'd have died without ever having heard of Jesus Christ. You were, however, kind, compassionate and forgiving throughout your relatively short life. Do you believe "God's wrath" would be upon you and that you would have no chance of partaking of eternal life.

Old 09-04-2021, 03:58 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
This "free will" business, where is that in the bible? I'm being facetious. But you still can't find it explicitly, and that is how much proof you want me to bring. If God didn't put it exactly that way, then it isn't true, you say. But, then, you don't get your bailiwick either.

I think it is important to recognize that there is an argument over whether man actually does have free will. If your argument depends upon it, then it is good to get involved. Oh, and free will may not be what most people think it is.
One thing we know for sure, all the lives of all those people in the bible had already been written before they were born, how can we even look down on Judas?

His fate was sealed before his great, great, great, great grandmother was born.

Old 09-04-2021, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't see unbelievers as necessarily being God's enemies. Let's say you'd been born in 3rd Century China, you'd have died without ever having heard of Jesus Christ. You were, however, kind, compassionate and forgiving throughout your relatively short life. Do you believe "God's wrath" would be upon you and that you would have no chance of partaking of eternal life.
It doesnt matter what you see, its what scripture says.

Old 09-04-2021, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::Sigh:: Another "child of wrath" speaks pretending to be a follower of Christ!
Now you wanna get personal ! Try dealing with the scripture I provided instead my friend.

Old 09-04-2021, 04:24 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
It doesnt matter what you see, its what scripture says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity