Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 02:54 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
All-knowing does Not have to mean that God chooses to know everything.
God gave Adam the choice. Adam made up his own deliberate choice according to the Bible at 1st Timothy 2:14.
Hear and listen to can also be different: God can choose to hear a prayer but God does Not have to listen to it.
Then He’s not all knowing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I agree, but I'd really, really like a straight answer from BF as to whether he actually believes God wanted the Holocaust to happen.

Along these same lines, if everything God wants to happen happens, does everything He wants not to happen not happen? Using this logic, we could spend our entire lives in pursuit of fame, money, power, etc. without regard for our fellow men, and at the end of the day, we could justify our actions by saying, "Well, I got what I wanted, even though I had to destroy the lives of many innocent people. And since it all went my way, it was obviously God's will." How messed up is that?
We’ll never know, because it didn’t happen...

Old 08-18-2021, 03:03 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
We’ll never know, because it didn’t happen...
What do base that on, Richard? How did it not happen?

Old 08-18-2021, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
What do base that on, Richard? How did it not happen?
Think about it, Charlie...

Old 08-18-2021, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Think about it, Charlie...
I have thought about it on many occasions with the scripture that says,

Matt. 27:23-25

"And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.

When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children."

Old 08-18-2021, 04:22 AM

Acts 3:13

"The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go."

1 Cor. 2:8

"Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory."

Your people did it through ignorance, but nevertheless they have crucified the Christ. They are to blame!

And you, Richard, are still crucifying Him by denying Him in every way you can find!

Then you wonder why your people have had such a hard path to tread!

Old 08-18-2021, 08:40 AM

63,843 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Are you seriously saying that God wanted the Holocaust to happen?
Yo, BapFun! Have an answer for our sister???

Old 08-18-2021, 08:48 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Look. Does God want people to sin? No. Do people sin? Yes. Case closed. The sovereignty of God and the volition of man co-exist in history by the will of God. God knows all the knowable, both the actual and the possible. He knew what you actually would do and what you might have done in any given circumstance. He degreed what he knew you would actually do but did not decree any of the alternative actions you might have chosen to do but did not do. God knowing in advance what you would do in a given circumstance does not force you to do it.

Genesis 3:8-10

Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. But the LORD God called to the man, “Where are you?” He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

It is our reaction to the sin that divides us from God. How on Earth or Heaven can we learn without making mistakes? God knew this all along, that we'd make mistakes. Only God is perfect. It is the accuser , always using scripture as well, to trick us into thinking we are no good and just filthy rags before God.

In regard to everything is 100 % of God's will? Do you realize what 100% is OP? I have no problem with that but babies dying? Lot of nasty stuff happening so tell this to someone who was just mugged or assaulted or even killed? 100 Percent?

Old 08-18-2021, 09:12 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Are you seriously saying that God wanted the Holocaust to happen?
I can't see how one would worship a god that is powerless to stop something like that. If you believe God was incapable of stopping it, what kind of a god is that?

Do you believe God was incapable of keeping Nebuchadnezzar from laying siege on Jerusalem? And all the horrors that went along with that? Daniel thought so. It says it right in the first chapter of Daniel. God raised up Nebuchadnezzar in judgment of Israel. And he prays a prayer of repentance in Daniel 9.

The question that we should ask is "Why did God allow it? Why did God allow them to be conquered by Nebuchadnezzar?

Or why did God allow them to be enslaved by Egypt?

Scripture tells us the reason they went into Exile to Babylon. It's their sin Scripture also tells us the reason for their enslavement in Egypt. You may not like it, but it's there to read.

Genesis 15:13-16 "Then the Lord said to Abram, “Know for certain that your offspring will be sojourners in a land that is not theirs and will be servants there, and they will be afflicted for four hundred years. 14 But I will bring judgment on the nation that they serve, and afterward they shall come out with great possessions. 15 As for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you shall be buried in a good old age. 16 And they shall come back here in the fourth generation, for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete.”

God allowed them to be enslaved in Egypt so he could incubate them and grow them from 70 people to several million, as well as allow the Amorites to add to their sin. He then judged Egypt and the Amorites for their sin.

God allowed them to be taken into captivity in Babylon because of Israel's collective sin and repeated violation of the Mosaic Law.

So we see that sometimes God allows bad things to happen to judge the person it happens to, other times it's to judge someone else for their sin.

God allowed the Holocaust to happen for a reason. It's above my pay grade to speculate any reason why God allowed it. Maybe he is/was judging Germany, or maybe Israel. I honestly can't say and I will not suggest that anyone deserves what happened any more than anyone else.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:13 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The fundies have created their own God in their imagination and completely disregard the God as presented by Jesus Christ. It is and has been a travesty of the disease of "wrath and vengeance." The "sin virus" has avoided complete "remission" and "herd immunity" for millennia that the "vaccination" of God's Holy Spirit of agape love by Jesus was supposed to produce. Thankfully, God is patient and long-suffering and expects us to overcome and endure to the end.
Yay for you. More of that agape love you keep babbling about. As you call us names, and say we ignore God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity