Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 02:08 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times

Advertisements

Charlie

It has to do with the separation between our thoughts and Gods thoughts, our ways and Gods ways

God’s thoughts, and ways have only ever been shown to us (humanity) by inspiration and never directly and never by force and we (humanity) have always mixed the 2 together

He is reforming His people over a specific period of time, through a specific agency- the Holy Spirit

Mat 1:18**Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
Mat 1:19**Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.
Mat 1:20**But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
Mat 1:21**And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Mat 1:22**Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Mat 1:23**Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 05:47 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Waiting for God to come and solve the problem of evil is NOT our task. We do not have to move the entire mountain of evil as individuals. As Ginsburg said, "The world is a mountain of sh*t and if it is to be moved at all, it must be taken in handfuls." We each need to take our individual handfuls wherever and whenever we have the ability to do so.

Let me ask you Doc, the citizens of God's Kingdom are being gathered now, we are quite extensive and have our laws given under the new covenant. What laws of that Kingdom do you disagree with?

Old 08-24-2021, 08:18 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Let me ask you Doc, the citizens of God's Kingdom are being gathered now, we are quite extensive and have our laws given under the new covenant. What laws of that Kingdom do you disagree with?
What laws are you referring to, Highway54?

Old 08-24-2021, 08:32 AM

Location: Check out > Mission Printing.US (Click on Publications for bible answers)
304 posts, read 83,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Is it God's will that little children are starving and dying of disease around the the world?

Is it God's will that you commit sin against Him as all have done?

Of course not! So we see that all His will is not being carried out in this world.

Why does God not stop this and force His will? Why did He not stop Adam and Eve from bringing sin into this world which is the cause of all heartache and misery in this world?

It is plain to see that God has given man the ability to defy His perfect will on this earth!

John 5:40

"And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life."

We also see that man can choose to refuse Christ!

So why does God give us this latitude?

Deut. 13:3-4

"Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him."

He proves us and knows who loves Him!

He wants us to love Him with all our heart and souls, and willingly serve Him of our own free will!

If men do not follow the will of God it means men reject God.

Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Joh 14:15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me:

Joh 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

1Jo 2:3 ¶ And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:03 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Charlie

It has to do with the separation between our thoughts and Gods thoughts, our ways and Gods ways

God’s thoughts, and ways have only ever been shown to us (humanity) by inspiration and never directly and never by force and we (humanity) have always mixed the 2 together

He is reforming His people over a specific period of time, through a specific agency- the Holy Spirit
Except that with Jesus, God’s thoughts and ways ARE shown to us directly but our ancestors missed it completely relying on their belief about a wrathful vengeful War God and mixing them together.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:13 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Except that with Jesus, God’s thoughts and ways ARE shown to us directly but our ancestors missed it completely relying on their belief about a wrathful vengeful War God and mixing them together.
I don't know what devil has possessed you, Mystic!

You know that the God who created all things and sustains those things would not have allowed His chosen authors to give us something that's not true.

No doubt you do believe that! That raises many questions, Mystic, wondering if all is well with you and our Lord!

Old 08-24-2021, 09:25 AM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
God's will in the world hasn't been carried out since that apple incident in the ol' Garden. But that isn't a show-stopper. He's indicated what's important to him, and we can help play a role and help, if we choose. And much of what is of benefit to him also helps people around us, for multiple plusses and positives.

Some people just stare and ponder what's broken or not right (never moving forward), while others accept that and focus instead on doing the most and best with what's available.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:45 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know what devil has possessed you, Mystic!
You know that the God who created all things and sustains those things would not have allowed His chosen authors to give us something that's not true.
No doubt you do believe that! That raises many questions, Mystic, wondering if all is well with you and our Lord!
Charlie you think like our ancestors that God controls everything and nothing happens that is not God's Will. That completely ignores the FACT that God gave us free will and Dominion here! You apparently do not believe that and think He interferes with our free will and Dominion. He COULD Charlie, but He doesn't or things would not be as they are here! He has to work through the influence and inspiration of us in our consciousness. That leaves the results up to our interpretation and understanding of His influence and inspiration.

Old 08-24-2021, 11:58 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Charlie you think like our ancestors that God controls everything and nothing happens that is not God's Will. That completely ignores the FACT that God gave us free will and Dominion here! You apparently do not believe that and think He interferes with our free will and Dominion. He COULD Charlie, but He doesn't or things would not be as they are here! He has to work through the influence and inspiration of us in our consciousness. That leaves the results up to our interpretation and understanding of His influence and inspiration.
It's not difficult to interpret the scripture when you accept all of it as truth and begin to weed out what others say is there, but plain to see it's not!

Old 08-24-2021, 01:17 PM

89 posts, read 23,764 times
Quote:
Is it God's will that little children are starving and dying of disease around the the world?

Is it God's will that you commit sin against Him as all have done?

Of course not! So we see that all His will is not being carried out in this world.

Why does God not stop this and force His will? Why did He not stop Adam and Eve from bringing sin into this world which is the cause of all heartache and misery in this world?

It is plain to see that God has given man the ability to defy His perfect will on this earth!

John 5:40

"And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life."

We also see that man can choose to refuse Christ!

So why does God give us this latitude?

Deut. 13:3-4

"Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him."

He proves us and knows who loves Him!

He wants us to love Him with all our heart and souls, and willingly serve Him of our own free will!
Daniel 4:17

17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

Yes, certainly, everything that happens on Earth is the Will of Elohim/God. Elohim/God uses the Kings of the Earth, who are Giants of the Flesh, to bear rule over all the Earth. The Roman Catholic Church is bearing rule over all the Earth and has Dominion over the 2.2 Billions of Christians in Christendom.

All that dwell upon the Earth shall worship the Earthly King.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity