Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 09:17 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times

Advertisements

Many of my friends and people in my social circle are discussing the vaccine mandates (where you must have it in order to enter certain businesses in some places.) and how that goes into the Mark of the Beast. My understand is that the Mark of the Beast is something that is going to be introduced by the Antichrist. My opinion is that the Antichrist is not revealed yet because 1) the Antichrist is only revealed after the Rapture occurs and 2) the Mark of the Beast in terms of Biblical revelations happens after the Antichrist's 7 year treaty with Israel. The War of Gog and Magog is also part of Biblical prophesy but I'm not sure whether that necessarily happens before or after the Rapture. IN many fictional accounts of the Rapture it happens before the Rapture.

However are some who claim that the Rapture happens AFTER the Antichrist is revealed. So what is your opinion on the chronology of these prophesies in terms of the Rapture, the revealing of the Antichrist, the 7 year treaty with the State of Israel????

Old 08-26-2021, 10:53 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times
2Th 2:1, Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3, Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4, Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

It seems to me, according to the scripture above, that the rapture will occur after the Antichrist sits in the temple and has his epiphany, and is revealed as being the Antichrist to the world.

Old 08-27-2021, 12:18 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Every church I've attended has preached that the Rapture can occur at any time, that we shouldn't wait for any other events to happen, prophesies to come true such as the War of Gog and Magog to know that the Rapture is imminent. A common theme is that the Rapture can occur any minute and we must be saved in order to not be left behind and not have to go through the Tribulation that will come with the Antichrist.

Old 08-27-2021, 02:33 AM

614 posts, read 173,093 times
Which of the potential culprits in the bible is the Anti-Christ? There are a lot of characters who might qualify. There is the rider on the white horse. There is the star fallen from heaven with the key to the bottomless pit. There is the being who rises up from the pit, called the Destroyer, who rules over the locusts who rise from the pit. There is the actual huge beast that rises out of the sea.

Whatever your answer is, your interpretation is not far behind.

As far as the mark goes, it is something that the beast causes all to have, except for those who have the seal of God upon their foreheads. The sealing of those people, with the seal of god, is also in the book. It does have to happen before there can be any mark placed upon any people by the beast. Has that happened?

As for me, I think the rider on the white horse is not the Anti-Christ. I don't think the star who falls from heaven is either. He may be the Destroyer.

If you ask me, what the story is saying is that someone respected will fall from grace. They will have the ability to stir up the basest elements of the people. When they do, another will arise who leads those who have been stirred up. The world will be newly set because they, the leader of the locusts, have come.

But is this happening at the same time that God is moving in new and interesting ways? You have these sealed people. There appear to be many passages about them as we go throughout the book. Some of those passages refer to them on earth, so they may or may not be gone in any rapture.

Just wanted to provide some grist for the mill. That is to say, Hal Lindsay had some great ideas about the bible, but he may not have gotten everything right!

Last edited by Am I a Prophet; 08-27-2021 at 02:37 AM.. Reason: the writing process

Old 08-27-2021, 03:11 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Many people get their interpretation from a Hollywood movie instead of listening to the living God through Jesus Christ

Old 08-27-2021, 05:06 AM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
We decided over a year ago that we were not going to have any more posts about Covid-19. This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever seen started in the Christianity forum. Utter nonsense. You should all be ashamed for replying to such bait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity