Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 05:41 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
It's not difficult to interpret the scripture when you accept all of it as truth and begin to weed out what others say is there, but plain to see it's not!
It is only easy because you deliberately blind yourself to the truth about God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus on the Cross, Charlie. You refuse even to try to see if what you and our ancestors thought is true actually fits with the True Nature of God's Holy Spirit.

You blindly pretend it all fits and there is no misunderstanding of God at all despite the HUGE contradiction between the nature of God revealed by Jesus on the Cross and your wrathful and vengeful War God from the OT and Moses.

The extremely twisted and convoluted rationale about God exercising His wrath on Himself via His Son to appease Himself for some ill-defined "sins of mankind" is beyond preposterous. I do not know how any sane or reasonable person could ever accept such a ridiculous explanation for what our ancestors' wrath did to Jesus who displayed not the slightest inkling of wrath or vengeance on the Cross.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 08-24-2021 at 06:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 08:08 PM

1,094 posts, read 884,239 times
Did anyone ever stop to think that Covid might be God's answer to climate change?

Old 08-24-2021, 11:00 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
Did anyone ever stop to think that Covid might be God's answer to climate change?
I was thinking sin... but what do I know

Old 08-25-2021, 05:31 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,007,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What laws are you referring to, Highway54?

One is found at Hebrews 10:24,25 sir.

Old 08-25-2021, 05:33 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,007,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post

Jas 1:13

It is part of a prophecy for our times however Luke 21:11

Old 08-25-2021, 06:26 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,290 times
Only the one who came down from heaven does the will of the Father.

“No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven the son of man.â€

Old 08-26-2021, 03:48 PM

299 posts, read 104,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is only easy because you deliberately blind yourself to the truth about God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus on the Cross, Charlie. You refuse even to try to see if what you and our ancestors thought is true actually fits with the True Nature of God's Holy Spirit.

You blindly pretend it all fits and there is no misunderstanding of God at all despite the HUGE contradiction between the nature of God revealed by Jesus on the Cross and your wrathful and vengeful War God from the OT and Moses.

The extremely twisted and convoluted rationale about God exercising His wrath on Himself via His Son to appease Himself for some ill-defined "sins of mankind" is beyond preposterous. I do not know how any sane or reasonable person could ever accept such a ridiculous explanation for what our ancestors' wrath did to Jesus who displayed not the slightest inkling of wrath or vengeance on the Cross.
Your insights are usually dead-on and always interesting. But it seems to me that youhide your light under a bushel of personal rancor, especially when engaging with certain members.

Which of these approaches stands a better chance of moving the dialog in a productive way?
1) "Bob, you willfully ignorant fool, only a raving lunatic could say such a thing."
2) "I can understand why you might think so, Bob, but your theory breaks down in light of . . ."
Two, obviously, but I know how hard it is sometimes to maintain patience and how easy it is to slip into vitriol. When patience fails it's best to withdraw. It's a sign that the time is not right for the other to move.

You don't know what Charlie is going through in his life, which you would have to know to rightly assign causes and motives. Charlie is in fact just exactly where he needs to be in his walk with God, as are you and I. And I am optimistic enough to think that Brother Charlie and Brother Mystic could have the most brilliant and edifying conversations if they stopped calling each other "Poopie Pants".

Old 08-26-2021, 04:42 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
Your insights are usually dead-on and always interesting. But it seems to me that youhide your light under a bushel of personal rancor, especially when engaging with certain members.

Which of these approaches stands a better chance of moving the dialog in a productive way?
1) "Bob, you willfully ignorant fool, only a raving lunatic could say such a thing."
2) "I can understand why you might think so, Bob, but your theory breaks down in light of . . ."
Two, obviously, but I know how hard it is sometimes to maintain patience and how easy it is to slip into vitriol. When patience fails it's best to withdraw. It's a sign that the time is not right for the other to move.

You don't know what Charlie is going through in his life, which you would have to know to rightly assign causes and motives. Charlie is in fact just exactly where he needs to be in his walk with God, as are you and I. And I am optimistic enough to think that Brother Charlie and Brother Mystic could have the most brilliant and edifying conversations if they stopped calling each other "Poopie Pants".
I accept this as the sincere critique it was intended to be and accede that it is accurate. My earlier attempts to penetrate the two-millennia-old wall of ancient ignorance about God from the OT and Moses were more subtle. Subtlety is completely lost on those who have been so thoroughly indoctrinated into the prevailing dogma. Sadly, that seems to encompass the vast majority of Christians who, IMO, are more correctly called Bibleians.

I adopted Christianity entirely because of Christ, NOT ANY of the dogma promoted as the "precepts and doctrines of men" ABOUT Jesus and God, so It has been an education in the power of indoctrination for sure! The story of Christ is the purest version of the spiritual script or template that has been presented in so many prior but more primitive versions. The influence of God's consciousness is confirmed by the existence of this template, IMO, but it has been terribly mangled by the primitive ignorance and belief in a wrathful and vengeful God.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:06 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,845,403 times
In response to the OP only...

It should be clear that God has basically four types of what we might call His will.

1) There is His permissive will. God is sovereign but He allows sin to be a factor in things and when, for example, an atrocity such as murder happens, it does not mean that God isn't sovereign and in control but that God, in His permissive will, allowed that atrocity to occur.. Because it is inherent in His permissive will that He has given free will to man and angels and every other creature.

2) There is His legislative will. This is found most clearly in the law of the Lord; and may or may not be established in the heart of a man.

3) There is His active will. This is where God personally intervenes in the affairs of mankind and accomplishes His perfect will for a particular situation on earth.

4) There is His perfect will. I believe that this will ultimately be established in heaven; where there will be no one who is in rebellion to His legislative will. This is where God's active will has culminated in everyone being in subjection to His legislative will; so that in heaven there will be nothing that is against His good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 08-26-2021 at 11:34 PM..

Old 08-27-2021, 01:21 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Let me ask you Doc, the citizens of God's Kingdom are being gathered now, we are quite extensive and have our laws given under the new covenant. What laws of that Kingdom do you disagree with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What laws are you referring to, Highway54?
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
One is found at Hebrews 10:24,25 sir.
...let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Why would he disagree with stirring up love for one-another or for being an encouragement to others?
Although, your play on words: "we are quite extensive..." is merely referring to the J.W. Organization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity