Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 04:29 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
And I will certainly do that unless the thread originator convinces us that his purpose in starting the thread has nothing to do with the Trinity doctrine.
He is attempting to speak against the Trinity, from what I would gather.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:08 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Sure, as a Christian I believe Jesus is the son of God

Old 09-05-2021, 05:14 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
He is attempting to speak against the Trinity, from what I would gather.
Yep, that’s right

But not coming right out and saying it, and that’s ok - everyone has their own personal opinions, beliefs and are entitled to them, but it tends to change a bit when you come into “public” places

A bit like you hinting at things in other threads but not coming right out and saying it because you would be going against “The rules”

i think we all in our own ways test the boundaries, so to speak

Old 09-05-2021, 05:28 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Yep, that’s right

But not coming right out and saying it, and that’s ok - everyone has their own personal opinions, beliefs and are entitled to them, but it tends to change a bit when you come into “public” places

A bit like you hinting at things in other threads but not coming right out and saying it because you would be going against “The rules”

Accurate observations, Meerkat, but JBF thinks he holds the "real truth" so his skirting of the rules is legitimate.

Old 09-05-2021, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Yep, that’s right

Of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Accurate observations, Meerkat, but JBF thinks he holds the "real truth" so his skirting of the rules is legitimate.
See Galatians 5:22-23, Psalms 94:20.

If we bear the fruit of the Spirit, we will not violate any just law in our behaviour.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Of course.
See Galatians 5:22-23, Psalms 94:20.
If we bear the fruit of the Spirit, we will not violate any just law in our behaviour.
The problem is that you seem not to know what the fruit of the Spirit IS since you do not recognize it in Jesus on the Cross and somehow mistakenly think you actually possess it. Most of what you believe about Jesus and God completely CONTRADICTS the Holy Spirit as revealed by Jesus Christ on the Cross.

Your "doctrine of devils" has been misinterpreted so cleverly that it seems to agree with your wrathful War God beliefs when it couldn't be more opposite!!! The entire deceit and convoluted rationalizations are so cleverly devised to limit the love of God that it almost makes me believe in Satan!

Old 09-05-2021, 07:45 PM

I am inclined to be silent when my opponent blasphemes the Holy Ghost in his attempt to make an argument against the truth.

But I will say this, consider Philippians 1:11; which speaks of the fruits of righteousness (justice); which can be compared to Galatians 5:22-23 to show that righteousness and justice is perfectly in conjunction with the fruit of the Spirit as they are defined in that passage.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:47 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,212,102 times
wtf is Biblical fact supposed to mean?

Old 09-05-2021, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The problem is that you seem not to know what the fruit of the Spirit IS since you do not recognize it in Jesus on the Cross and somehow mistakenly think you actually possess it. Most of what you believe about Jesus and God completely CONTRADICTS the Holy Spirit as revealed by Jesus Christ on the Cross.

Your "doctrine of devils" has been misinterpreted so cleverly that it seems to agree with your wrathful War God beliefs when it couldn't be more opposite!!! The entire deceit and convoluted rationalizations are so cleverly devised to limit the love of God that it almost makes me believe in Satan!
Quote:
I am inclined to be silent when my opponent blasphemes the Holy Ghost in his attempt to make an argument against the truth.
When I criticize and try to correct YOUR blasphemous beliefs ABOUT the Holy Spirit as revealed by Jesus on the Cross, that is NOT blaspheming the Holy Spirit. That is correcting YOUR ignorance and blind mind from reading Moses and the OT and refusing to use the Spirit to lift the veil over your heart. 2nd Corinthians 3:14-17.

Old 09-06-2021, 05:20 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
That Jesus is the Son of God means that He is come in the flesh in the hypostatic union.

The same Spirit who inhabits eternity (Isaiah 57:15) without flesh, dwells in flesh in the Person of Jesus Christ (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11).

In fact Faith, all of us are created in Gods image, Gen 1:26, and are kept alive by the breath of life, God's holy spirit Ps 146:4. Some of us will live eternally as well. Thanks for your response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity