Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 08:09 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times

Advertisements

For those who are interested, the situation with Jim and Tammy Faye Baker was prophesied in Zechariah 11:8.

For I believe that there were two other pastors who, at that time, also "fell from grace".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 12:15 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Really? You think that is talking about the Bakkers?

Old 09-14-2021, 12:18 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Really? You think that is talking about the Bakkers?
Well, he did tell me that the KJV is recommended in the OT, so.....

OTOH, the false prophets in the OT were often slain. Not the Bakkers. For better or worse.

Old 09-14-2021, 12:29 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
For those who are interested, the situation with Jim and Tammy Faye Baker was prophesied in Zechariah 11:8.
Well, of course. And in the invisible ink below the scripture is Jim and Tammy's address. We sure do see it alrighty.

La di da di da. Skipping down the lane of fantasy and delusion...

Old 09-14-2021, 02:06 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoreau424 View Post
well, of course. And in the invisible ink below the scripture is jim and tammy's address. We sure do see it alrighty.

La di da di da. Skipping down the lane of fantasy and delusion...
Yup EVERYTHING is prophesied in scripture if you just know enough to read the fine and invisible print between the lines.

Old 09-14-2021, 02:45 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yup EVERYTHING is prophesied in scripture if you just know enough to read the fine and invisible print between the lines.
Lol.... yup

Interpretation and translation is how these things are developed and evolve - by our very active imaginations which collectively is part of both our gift and curse so to speak - a lot depends on how we use that imagination

Last edited by Meerkat2; 09-14-2021 at 02:56 PM..

Old 09-14-2021, 02:52 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
This is the realm of the Spirit of God who speaks in red letters and black letters & must be understood by/in the white spaces between the lines.

"When they were off by themselves, those who were close to him, along with the Twelve, asked about the stories. He told them, You’ve been given insight into God’s kingdom—you know how it works. But to those who can’t see it yet, everything comes in stories, creating readiness, nudging them toward a welcome awakening. These are people—whose eyes are open but don’t see a thing, whose ears are open but don’t understand a word, who avoid making an about-face and getting forgiven.” ~msg

Old 09-14-2021, 08:11 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
Just to be clear, I am going to here quote the scripture that I have referenced.

Zec 11:8, Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me.

I do remember that there were two other pastors who "fell from grace" during the same time frame as Jim Baker.

I don't find it to be a coincidence that this is mentioned in Zechariah 11:8.

It is as if God knew that this thing would be used by satan as an attempt to tarnish His name and the name of Christianity; so He spoke of the situation many centuries beforehand in order to circumvent that very thing.

Old 09-15-2021, 12:47 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Just to be clear, I am going to here quote the scripture that I have referenced.

Zec 11:8, Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me.

I do remember that there were two other pastors who "fell from grace" during the same time frame as Jim Baker.

I don't find it to be a coincidence that this is mentioned in Zechariah 11:8.

It is as if God knew that this thing would be used by satan as an attempt to tarnish His name and the name of Christianity; so He spoke of the situation many centuries beforehand in order to circumvent that very thing.
Now, you are a prophet? LMAO

Old 09-15-2021, 04:45 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Now, you are a prophet? LMAO
No but I am. I prophesy Jim and Tammy Baker are the two witnesses in Revelation and unless they get a billion dollars for their new church (and airplane), they are going to make it stop raining for 3 1/2 years and then the locusts......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity