Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 04:38 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,801,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
The pre-trib rapture will happen when the last Gentile is saved into the "body of Christ" a time known only to God. People thinking they know the timing of the rapture are to be ignored. The rapture is primarily a time when all those in the "body" will receive their glorified bodies fit for heaven. Those saved by grace have no part in the Tribulation as it is a time of punishment for Israel. During the 7 years (3 1/2 and 3 1/2) those saved into the family of Jesus will be celebrating in heaven.

Obviously collaterall damage will be huge and worldwide, with most of the population on earth being decimated. There wlll be millions saved out of the Trib refusing to take the mark of the beast, they will be greeted in heaven by all those who went up earlier in the rapturre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 10:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
The pre-trib rapture will happen when the last Gentile is saved into the "body of Christ" a time known only to God. People thinking they know the timing of the rapture are to be ignored. The rapture is primarily a time when all those in the "body" will receive their glorified bodies fit for heaven. Those saved by grace have no part in the Tribulation as it is a time of punishment for Israel. During the 7 years (3 1/2 and 3 1/2) those saved into the family of Jesus will be celebrating in heaven.

Obviously collateral damage will be huge and worldwide, with most of the population on earth being decimated. There will be millions saved out of the Trib refusing to take the mark of the beast, they will be greeted in heaven by all those who went up earlier in the rapture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
A time of punishment for Israel or for the self-exalting Christians?

Old 09-19-2021, 10:52 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Heard a prophetic Word last month, and God said that there were so many curses on the vaccine was the mark of the beast that there was too many antichrist spirits coming out of the abyss, and God had to send out The Best Warrior Angel Host to round most of these and send that back in the abyss, and His children was going on ahead of God and God was not ready for the end time yet ........ So the rapture will some time off, and God will not be pushed as He knows the time
BTW, you cannot really be 'tricked into' taking the mark of the beast...its something you MUST willingly accept unto yourself, (knowing full well what it is)...

Its a WILLING denouncement of God basically.

Old 09-24-2021, 03:42 AM

614 posts, read 173,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
The rapture of the church is quite biblical regardless of how much it has fallen out of favor with scholarship. It was not invented by Darby who simply recognized it in the bible. You have to understand the following.

The English term 'rapture' comes from the Latin word 'rapiemur' which is the Latin translation of the Greek word 'á¼Ïπάζω/harpazó in 1 Thessalonians 4:17. It means to be caught up or snatched away.
I Thessalonicenses 4:17 Latin: Vulgata Clementina

Deinde nos, qui vivimus, qui relinquimur, simul rapiemur c um illis in nubibus obviam Christo in aëra, et sic semper c um Domino erimus.

https://biblehub.com/multi/1_thessalonians/4-17.htm
The event we call the rapture is what Paul was referring to in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 in which he refers to us being caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Paul doesn't say that we remain in the air. The idea is that once having been caught up in the air we then go to heaven until the end of the Tribulation at which time we will return with Jesus to the earth.

So to say that the rapture is unbiblical is to ignore Paul's statement of being ''caught up.'' To be caught up to meet the Lord in the air and to be with him always is the rapture.

Now go to Revelation and you can see that the church is mentioned before the Tribulation and after the Tribulation where it is called the bride of Christ, but the church is not mentioned during the period that the Tribulation is taking place, inferring that the church is not on the earth during the Tribulation.
I have a difference of opinion on this with you. I think the rapture refers to being caught up into the air, and then turning back with Jesus as He comes to the earth. Too many people confuse the terminology surrounding the first resurrection with the "rapture."

There will be a rapture of sorts. It won't be what people think. There is this man-child that is caught up to heaven. There are 144,000 who are sealed before anything can happen on the earth. Whatever event the rapture refers to, it won't be something that involves the whole earth. It will involve a smaller set of people. Those people may be the actual bride of Christ.

A bride often symbolizes the religion of someone, like the king. God referring to the bride of Christ may be to talk about a concept that is a little more involved than simply going away to somewhere safe.

As far as being off the earth, that may also symbolize something. It could mean something like a person going into a particular sort of exile, such as academia. It doesn't have to mean disappearing while everybody else suffers. I don't think God is giving Christians a get out of the tribulation free card. Rather He seems to be expecting them to suffer. He says things like, "Blessed are those who die in Christ from now on." He says that, but is isn't certain if it applies to those who have been sealed.

Old 09-24-2021, 08:51 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
I have a difference of opinion on this with you. I think the rapture refers to being caught up into the air, and then turning back with Jesus as He comes to the earth. Too many people confuse the terminology surrounding the first resurrection with the "rapture."

There will be a rapture of sorts. It won't be what people think. There is this man-child that is caught up to heaven. There are 144,000 who are sealed before anything can happen on the earth. Whatever event the rapture refers to, it won't be something that involves the whole earth. It will involve a smaller set of people. Those people may be the actual bride of Christ.

A bride often symbolizes the religion of someone, like the king. God referring to the bride of Christ may be to talk about a concept that is a little more involved than simply going away to somewhere safe.

As far as being off the earth, that may also symbolize something. It could mean something like a person going into a particular sort of exile, such as academia. It doesn't have to mean disappearing while everybody else suffers. I don't think God is giving Christians a get out of the tribulation free card. Rather He seems to be expecting them to suffer. He says things like, "Blessed are those who die in Christ from now on." He says that, but is isn't certain if it applies to those who have been sealed.
I'll stick with my own understanding of things pertaining to the pretribulational rapture.

Old 09-24-2021, 09:02 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
The rapture is garbage, that is what i think of i

Old 09-24-2021, 12:14 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A time of punishment for Israel or for the self-exalting Christians?

Old 09-24-2021, 03:14 PM

234 posts, read 99,608 times
Some years ago I invited a Rapturist lady to tea but I soon politely kicked her out..
She said "The Rapture means all true Christians will suddenly disappear off to heaven in the blink of an eye, leaving people looking round wondering where they've gone"

So I asked- "But if Christian drivers of cars, buses and trains, and Christian airliner pilots suddenly disappear, wouldn't the driverless vehicles and planes career around smashing into everything and causing carnage?"

"Yes" she replied, "but that can't be helped".

Old 09-24-2021, 03:31 PM

1,161 posts, read 467,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Though I was raised believing in it, the concept has fallen out of favor lately.

Plus, I recently learned the whole idea is only about 100 or so years old.

The scholars I've been reading/watching don't give it credence.
I believe the Rapture is unbiblical nonsense. It also seems to me completely inconsistent with what Jesus himself says in Matthew 24.

I'm very familiar with the doctrine and its history. I also listen regularly just for fun to Jan Markell of Olive Tree Ministries, who is pretty much Ms. Rapture and whose podcast is a veritable Who's Who of Rapture theology. On a more scholarly level, I just completed Three Views On the Rapture, https://www.zondervan.com/9780310528...n-the-rapture/, in which scholars debate the doctrine at a very deep level. I even listened to the entire Left Behind series on CD, which was loaned to me by an atheist friend who thought it was fascinating strictly as sci-fi drama!

The Bible obviously can be read as saying that believers will be caught up in the air with Christ at the Second Coming. That's the "rapture," if you want to call it that. A separate Rapture preceding the Second Coming (typically preceding the Tribulation or perhaps in mid-Tribulation) is, I believe, simply unbiblical.

However, since we're told to live every moment as though Christ may appear, a belief in the Rapture seems to me to be generally harmless even if it's incorrect. If I'm the one who's incorrect, then I'll be pleasantly surprised when it happens.

Old 09-24-2021, 03:50 PM

234 posts, read 99,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
...a belief in the Rapture seems to me to be generally harmless even if it's incorrect..
Ah, but if Rapturism or any other oddball cult makes Christianity a laughing stock in the eyes of the general public it's not exactly harmless..
Rapturism is what I call "a vanity cult", there are many such cults of all kinds who take a particular Bible passage and like to think that they- and only they- can see things in it that the rest of us poor dumb slobs can't.
But they can't get under the Bible's radar..

"Ignorant people distort things,to their own destruction" (2 Pet 3:16/17)
"Don't get carried away by strange teachings" (Heb 13:9)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity