Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 03:57 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldSpike View Post
Rapturism is what I call "a vanity cult" there are many such cults of all kinds who take a particular Bible passage and like to think that they- and only they- can see things in it that the rest of us poor dumb slobs can't..
But they can't get under the Bible's radar-

"Ignorant people distort things,to their own destruction" (2 Pet 3:16/17)
"Don't get carried away by strange teachings" (Heb 13:9)
You are displaying your own ignorance and obviously know little about why the scholars who hold to a pretribulational rapture do. Yes, there are still scholars who hold the view. And it's more than one particular Bible verse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2021, 04:05 PM

Not that it will change the mind of anyone who disses the pretribulationl rapture, but here is the Scriptural evidence for the Pretribulation Rapture.

https://www.raptureready.com/the-pre...ation-rapture/

Old 09-24-2021, 04:07 PM

234 posts, read 99,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
You are displaying your own ignorance and obviously know little about why the scholars who hold to a pretribulational rapture do. Yes, there are still scholars who hold the view. And it's more than one particular Bible verse.

A fool with a theology college diploma is still just a fool even if he's labelled "scholar"..

Heck there are plenty of ordinary people in Religious discussion forums who know as much (or even more) than "scholars"..

"I may not be a trained speaker but I do have knowledge" (2 Cor 11:6)

Jesus said:- "I thank you Father for hiding these things from the wise and learned, and for revealing them to little children"(Matt 11:25-27)

"When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus" (Acts 4:13)

"I love the law of God because its made me wiser than all my teachers" (Psalm 119:97-100)

Old 09-24-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
A fool with a theology college diploma is still just a fool even if he's labelled "scholar"..

Heck there are plenty of ordinary people in Religious discussion forums who know as much (or even more) than "scholars"..

Jesus said:- "I thank you Father for hiding these things from the wise and learned, and for revealing them to little children"(Matt 11:25-27)

"When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus" (Acts 4:13)

"I love the law of God because its made me wiser than all my teachers" (Psalm 119:97-100)
I'm not the fool here. And you don't know what you are talking about.

Old 09-24-2021, 04:15 PM

Sorry but I just don't buy the Rapture idea of people vanishing into thin air without warning.
Jesus in Mark ch 13, speaking of the end of the world says there'll be plenty of signs leading up to a "gathering"-

"..the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.
At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.
And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens."

Old 09-24-2021, 04:15 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:

Couldn’t that be said about anything you disagree with?

Old 09-24-2021, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I'm not the fool here. And you don't know what you are talking about.
Well I'm 73 years old and like to think I've picked up a little bit of Bible knowledge during my lifetime, and as long as I continue to get feedback from people like this I'll know I'm doing something right..-

Spannerose - "Mick, I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"
ChildofLight - "So good to read your responses Mick, some are quite witty and made LOL"
HenryS - "You are brilliant Mick in finding appropriate phrases.
Sarah4Jesus - "Listen to Mick in Plymouth, he is a great teacher"
Cathie - "Very wise advice Mick, thanks"
Kierri - "That was one of the best explanations I've ever heard! Yay for Mick in Plymouth"
Justforme- "I am so happy to meet a sensible Christian"

Old 09-24-2021, 04:24 PM

To disprove the false idea that the pre-trib rapture was invented in the 18th century all one has to do is do a search on 'did the early church believe in a pre-trib rapture'. Here is a list of those in the early and medieval church who believed in the pre-trib rapture.

The History of the Pre-trib Rapture.

Old 09-24-2021, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Well I'm 73 years old and like to think I've picked up a little bit of Bible knowledge during my lifetime, and as long as I continue to get feedback from people like this I'll know I'm doing something right..-

Spannerose - "Mick, I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"
ChildofLight - "So good to read your responses Mick, some are quite witty and made LOL"
HenryS - "You are brilliant Mick in finding appropriate phrases.
Sarah4Jesus - "Listen to Mick in Plymouth, he is a great teacher"
Cathie - "Very wise advice Mick, thanks"
Kierri - "That was one of the best explanations I've ever heard! Yay for Mick in Plymouth"
Justforme- "I am so happy to meet a sensible Christian"
Not on this you aren't.

Old 09-24-2021, 04:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Couldn’t that be said about anything you disagree with?

If something is anti-scriptural it's our duty to correct people..

"Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,and that they will come to their senses.." (2 Tim 2:23-26)

Last edited by PoorOldSpike; 09-24-2021 at 04:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity