Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 05:20 AM

73 posts, read 41,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
I generally start the conversation with who is God sir, so who is God?
In my opinion All Glory Goes to God according to Holy Bible, so in that statement it's God the Father is GOD as always..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 05:47 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabors View Post
Topic 1: Do you think LDS is another denomination of Christianity? I ask because I'm not a member, but I have been investigating them and their beliefs for a while. Do you have any knowledge that might help me?

Topic 2: I believe that Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son of God the Father, Do you? Also I feel very strongly that GOD is shirt for God The Father and Jesus Christ are two separate beings do you?

Topic 3: The currency of the United States of America is backed by In GOD We Trust. I find this interesting, because non believers use it all the time and it ranks the best on Earth... What do you think would happen if we added In Jesus Christ We Trust, to our currency?

Sincerely,
DJ
Child Of God & Full-time Missionary & Disabled Veteran

PS: Sorry for my horrible grammar and if you would like to see my Missionary Work Website private message me!
1. No reason to shout. All caps is considered shouting. You'd get more traction if you don't use them in your subject line.

2. Pick a topic, and lets roll with it. You have 3 topics here. My suggestion would be to start a new thread for each.

#3 might be a political one and best discussed there, but I'm not a mod, so I am by no means telling you what to do.

Old 09-17-2021, 08:12 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
I'm trying to do missionary work, why are yall making it so difficult?
You're probably not going to be very successful doing that here as it is against the rules to proselytize.

The answer to your 1st question is "yes." I am LDS and most definitely Christian. No further analytics are really necessary.

Old 09-17-2021, 09:46 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You're probably not going to be very successful doing that here as it is against the rules to proselytize.

The answer to your 1st question is "yes." I am LDS and most definitely Christian. No further analytics are really necessary.
I may be mistaken, but I don't think it's against the rules to proselytize (I don't like that term) in the Christianity forum. It is in the atheist and the Jewish forums, but I don't think it is in the Christianity forum.

Old 09-17-2021, 09:52 AM

11,102 posts, read 7,174,871 times
No, yes, no. And I'm with BF that no all caps shouting is needed or beneficial here. It tends to make one look like an unstable lunatic. And separate topics is better than three in one.

Also, the most effective and true Christian is the one who does the will of Jesus, without seeking attention or glory. It's in the daily, quiet, consistent, meaningful ways and exchanges that get noticed by God; not the loud, bravo ones. If anything, the latter is what Jesus spoke out against (such as those who pray loudly before other men, seeking attention), i.e. the "alter" ego.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 09-17-2021 at 10:29 AM..

Old 09-17-2021, 10:17 AM

11,102 posts, read 7,174,871 times
That's a lot of "I"s and me's there buddy. We're nothing compared to what's above. We can be used to further the kingdom, but it's still always about what's above and those around us.

Mirrors can be useful when we need to see ourselves clearly and honestly, to get helpful feedback. But when used for ego purposes, nothing genuine or useful will be seen or learned.

You should share your excitement with God. He's the one who needs to hear it. We really don't.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 09-17-2021 at 10:47 AM..

Old 09-17-2021, 11:55 AM

73 posts, read 41,754 times
I'm just planting seeds in faith and hope. I humbly request that you don't cast judgment on me, that's Jesus Christ's Job. Just telling people what I been through, lightly that is
Hope you have a good day!

Old 09-17-2021, 01:10 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Sorry, my mental disorder is apparently giving me issues. I don't even know my way around this site well yet. I'm trying to do missionary work, why are yall making it so difficult?
This is a discussion forum, with a diverse range of people posting - all with their own perspectives and issues

Why it’s not going well is because you are coming across as talking at people rather than conversing with people

Old 09-17-2021, 01:11 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I may be mistaken, but I don't think it's against the rules to proselytize (I don't like that term) in the Christianity forum. It is in the atheist and the Jewish forums, but I don't think it is in the Christianity forum.
Hmmm. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps a moderator can tell us for sure.

Old 09-17-2021, 01:41 PM

16,679 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Hmmm. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps a moderator can tell us for sure.

You can proselytize in here if you want. It seems pretty pointless to me since nearly everybody that posts in this forum is a Christian.

You aren't allowed to proselytize Christianity in the A&A, Judaism, or Islam sub-forums, logically enough. They aren't allowed to come in here and challenge the belief or divinity of God or Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity