Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 02:25 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabors View Post
Sorry, my mental disorder is apparently giving me issues. I don't even know my way around this site well yet. I'm trying to do missionary work, why are yall making it so difficult?
You are not familiar with the distinction this forum makes about Christianity. This is NOT a TYPICAL Christian Forum as most of those on the web. It is not driven or constrained by doctrine or dogma as most of the others are. That would explain your surprise at such a seemingly unwelcoming reception here. It has nothing to do with your status as a devout Christian or your missionary zeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 02:31 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,174,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are not familiar with the distinction this forum makes about Christianity. This is NOT a TYPICAL Christian Forum as most of those on the web. It is not driven or constrained by doctrine or dogma as most of the others are. That would explain your surprise at such a seemingly unwelcoming reception here. It has nothing to do with your status as a devout Christian or your missionary zeal.
Great points Mystic

Yeah, we're not about waving hands in the air and chanting Hallelujah hundreds of times, smiling and patting each other on the back. It's more about thought, philosophy, ideas, and perceptions. In fact, this might just be the complete antithesis of modern churches. We're not here to agree, but to discuss.

Old 09-17-2021, 02:35 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Great points Mystic

I don't know if I've thought about that before, but yeah, we're not about waving hands in the air and chanting Hallelujah hundreds of times, smiling and patting each other on the back. It's more about thought, philosophy, ideas, and perceptions. In fact, this might just be the complete antithesis of modern churches. We're not here to agree, but to discuss.
Bingo!

We all get irritated with each other because we all have different perceptions and opinions and are not afraid to stick up for them

Old 09-17-2021, 03:17 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You can proselytize in here if you want. It seems pretty pointless to me since nearly everybody that posts in this forum is a Christian.
No, for a lot of the Christians who post here, it's not pointless at all. Now it would be if all of the "Christians" who post here were to acknowledge that those of us they are trying to convert to Christianity already are Christians.

Old 09-17-2021, 04:13 PM

73 posts, read 41,754 times
I'm just looking for like minded individuals that enjoy discussing God and Jesus Christ and even the Holy Spirit..

Old 09-17-2021, 04:16 PM

Lightbulb I pray you will be inspired by this simple message, I say this in the name of Jesus Christ..

The world turns to hold us down, God is here to lift us up. There are times that we will fall but those are only moments that we lose focus on that which is most important. God I ask that you give strength to that person that is reading this letter to keep focus on you so they don’t fall so often.

Hope all is well! I say this in the name of Jesus Christ!

Old 09-17-2021, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
No, for a lot of the Christians who post here, it's not pointless at all. Now it would be if all of the "Christians" who post here were to acknowledge that those of us they are trying to convert to Christianity already are Christians.
Yep

People tend to judge by a denominational affiliation rather than just accepting someone’s word about their own personal beliefs which quite often is initiated/developed by being under those religious hierarchical structures and organisations, and that is about the “bonded” “devoted” “set apart” “circumcised” state referred to in Scripture, we are to look forward to the free/rest state

And part of that is not judging any on either of those “states”

Gal 3:26**For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27**For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28**There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29**And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Christ Has Set Us Free
Gal 5:1**Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Gal 5:2**Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
Gal 5:3**For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Gal 5:4**Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Gal 5:5**For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
Gal 5:6**For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Gal 5:22**But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23**Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24**And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25**If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26**Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 09-17-2021 at 04:53 PM..

Old 09-17-2021, 04:22 PM

Lightbulb I hope without doubt you will enjoy this message. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ..

Rule #1 never make GOD #2

The world turns to hold us down, God is here to lift us up. There are times that we will fall but those are only moments that we lose focus on that which is most important. God I ask that you give strength to that person that is reading this letter to keep focus on you so they don’t fall so often.

Old 09-17-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I'm just looking for like minded individuals that enjoy discussing God and Jesus Christ and even the Holy Spirit..
This forum is full of those people but because Christianity is so diverse there is a lot of hypersensitivity and reactivity between the participants (just read the current threads and you will see this)

Have you read the current threads, is there any that interest you that you feel you might contribute to?

Old 09-17-2021, 04:31 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Rule #1 never make GOD #2

I did not enjoy that message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity