Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2021, 01:59 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times

Advertisements

This is an offshoot from discussion in the Latter Day Saint thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
And what I find with the religious, theological, philosophical ideology that there is always metaphor/allegory embedded in the writings which have both gone into the Scriptures and flowed out of the Scriptures (like water)

This thread has sparked an interest in the development and timeline of religion in the USA - I believe that there is a principalities, powers, rulers thing going on with all of these separate denominations developing from and alongside each other in their own specific region (the new world so to speak) , with their own inherited and embellished doctrinal, ritualistic things

They are all part of the same “generation”

https://www.thearda.com/timeline/tlRank1to2.asp

We need to follow where things have come from and gone to and what influence they have had in the development of society and the consequences of the decisions that have been made - the sowing and reaping effect
To me it seems that the USA is a melting pot of religious ideas and that was by design since the beginning

The latter days referred to in Scripture seem to be the end both in time and level, and I notice the sequencing in Corinthians as well

1Co 12:27**Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
1Co 12:28**And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
1Co 12:29**Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
1Co 12:30**Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
1Co 12:31**But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

I believe diversity of tongues comes last because of both the time and level

Looking at the diversity word that is used it has a generational meaning to it - genos

G1085***(Strong)
γένος
genos
ghen'-os
From G1096; “kin” (abstractly or concretely, literally or figuratively, individually or collectively): - born, country (-man), diversity, generation, kind (-red), nation, offspring, stock.

Act 2:17**And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18**And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
Act 2:19**And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
Act 2:20**The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
Act 2:21**And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Last days
G2078***(Strong)
ἔσχατος
eschatos
es'-khat-os
A superlative probably from G2192 (in the sense of contiguity); farthest, final (of place or time): - ends of, last, latter end, lowest, uttermost.

All this is tied up with the succession of the orders relating to the “resurrection” “raising up” that was to happen

1Co 15:22**For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23**But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24**Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25**For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

G5001***(Strong)
τάγμα
tagma
tag'-mah
From G5021; something orderly in arrangement (a troop), that is, (figuratively) a series or succession: - order.

I’m interested in the naming, numbering, timing, regional themes in Scripture (and also the congregational/assembling)

Anyone interested in discussing?

Last edited by Meerkat2; 09-24-2021 at 02:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2021, 02:25 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
Many of these things of end times happened at the start of Christianity after the cross of Christ and these signs are still happening today when people call of the Lord, and they will see many things and have these gifts of the spirit and prophecies, and have tongues of the spirit .... Then when people group together and receive a harvest of souls then these same signs and gifts will happen, or just individual who get saved to Christ then they should have signs of the spirit of Christ the same way that these early Christians, or from the prophet Joel 2;28-32 Some churches these happen and some church need development and these things don't happen

Old 09-24-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Many of these things of end times happened at the start of Christianity after the cross of Christ and these signs are still happening today when people call of the Lord, and they will see many things and have these gifts of the spirit and prophecies, and have tongues of the spirit .... Then when people group together and receive a harvest of souls then these same signs and gifts will happen, or just individual who get saved to Christ then they should have signs of the spirit of Christ the same way that these early Christians, or from the prophet Joel 2;28-32 Some churches these happen and some church need development and these things don't happen
I see hours mentioned as well

In acts with the the coming of the Holy Spirit it was the 3rd hour then

Act 2:15**For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
Act 2:16**But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

The 6th, 9th were to come later

We need to understand things in relation to the prophecy in the OT - properly understanding the timing

Old 09-24-2021, 08:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
A day is as a thousand years.

Old 09-24-2021, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Yup

Old 09-25-2021, 04:20 AM

What is the meaning of this is the day?

Old 09-25-2021, 04:55 AM

Quote:
What do you mean?

Old 09-26-2021, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
What do you mean?
One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike.

Old 09-26-2021, 01:32 AM

Quote:
One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike.
There is a difference between our thoughts, ways, days ..... and Gods thoughts, ways, days

I believe that those days the religious set aside for worship, and gathering, and learning, indoctrination are mans - like muslims Friday, Jews Saturday, Christians Sunday

and all nations are subjected to those who make their own religious laws - whether Moses, or the leaders of the administrations related to Christianity

Then there are the Days of creation which are Gods Days - with the Lord a day is as 1000 years, and there are specific things that are written about them

Old 09-26-2021, 01:47 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Revelation knew that was the most common thought when he spoke of a thousand years

Likewise a thousand years is a day.

Revelation
And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity