Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 01:16 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I don’t think I can go that low...
You are dealing with a poster who is what we are prevented from identifying them as, IMO, Richard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2021, 01:48 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are dealing with a poster who is what we are prevented from identifying them as, IMO, Richard.
I don’t think he is, and even if he is we should certainly not be provoking and buying into and feeding it

He has beliefs and he is entitled to both have them and express them, and others can respond or not as they please

In my opinion we do not need to react to everything, I believe we are to control ourselves and have restraint...... what we say, and how we say it reflects both on ourselves and our communities

Old 10-21-2021, 02:31 PM

64 posts, read 16,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Instead of creating a god in your own image, perhaps, you might change your ways?
Instead of committing sin before the living God
repent and cease from them and stop being a devil.

For it is written...he who commits sin is of the devil.

Old 10-21-2021, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The post of his above certainly qualifies, IMO, Meerkat. We are not supposed to become blind to evil in the name of tolerance.
Of course not

But if someone says things to get a reaction by just reacting we continue the cycle and that cycle doesn’t stop of itself, it perpetuates and gets bigger and more inflamed

I believe that there is a need to stop the cycle which is why when mike said it would be pointless to engage in conversation I said that was a wise thing, because it was a breaking the “cycle”

Jas 1:19**Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
Jas 1:20**For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
Jas 1:21**Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
Jas 1:22**But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Jas 1:23**For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
Jas 1:24**For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
Jas 1:25**But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Jas 1:26**If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Jas 3:6**And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
Jas 3:7**For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
Jas 3:8**But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Jas 3:9**Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10**Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Jas 3:11**Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
Jas 3:12**Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

Old 10-21-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Of course not

But if someone says things to get a reaction by just reacting we continue the cycle and that cycle doesn’t stop of itself, it perpetuates and gets bigger and more inflamed

I believe that there is a need to stop the cycle which is why when mike said it would be pointless to engage in conversation I said that was a wise thing, because it was a breaking the “cycle”

Jas 1:19**Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
Jas 1:20**For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
Jas 1:21**Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
Jas 1:22**But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Jas 1:23**For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
Jas 1:24**For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
Jas 1:25**But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Jas 1:26**If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Jas 3:6**And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
Jas 3:7**For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
Jas 3:8**But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Jas 3:9**Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10**Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Jas 3:11**Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
Jas 3:12**Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
All those bible verse you are quoting are for YOU to live by it
not for YOU to be quoting them for others to live by it.

Jesus had a word he used to describe your kind.
Do you know what is it?

Old 10-21-2021, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedbetheday View Post
All those bible verse you are quoting are for YOU to live by it
not to be quoting them for others to live by it.

Jesus had a word he used to describe your kind.
Do you know what is it?
I try to live by them yes, and I also believe we are to help and share with each other - mystic and I have had many conversations and agree on a lot of things and I trust/know that he will not take what I say to him the wrong way

Old 10-21-2021, 03:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Instead of creating a god in your own image, perhaps, you might change your ways?
Quote:
Instead of committing sin before the living God repent and cease from them and stop being a devil. For it is written...he who commits sin is of the devil.
I have read everything on your homepage, where you seem to be the only poster with the exception of one poster who has called you out! Although, you have censored or removed your own nasty commits to this person. However, I did find it hilarious that the poster borrowed a previous on line user name of yours to mock you (LMAO - xtreme4jesus777). I find that you are not anything close to being anointed, rather you are a hypocrite and a liar who is almost seventy years of age; and should know better than to try and deceive others. Especially, that of deceiving your own self in the process.

So, I will use one of your own quotes: "Have you ever tried to correct someone who does not know - they do not know? Have you ever tried to correct someone who thought they knew - but what they knew was incorrect?"

Much of what you say is incorrect, wishful thinking and down-right asinine. However, I do feel sorry for you, as the other poster pointed out - you appear to be a sad and lonely person? Who doesn't love his neighbor or fellow Christians, much less-that of himself. In your own self-righteousness, you have merely come on this forum to attack others - believing you are the anointed?

Last edited by Jerwade; 10-21-2021 at 03:19 PM..

Old 10-21-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I have read everything on your homepage, where you seem to be the only poster with the exception of one poster who has called you out! Although, you have censored or removed your own nasty commits to this person. However, I did find it hilarious that the poster borrowed a previous on line user name of yours to mock you (LMAO - xtreme4jesus777). I find that you are not anything close to being anointed, rather you are a hypocrite and a liar who is almost seventy years of age; and should know better than to try and deceive others. Especially, that of deceiving your own self in the process.

So, I will use one of your own quotes: "Have you ever tried to correct someone who does not know - they do not know? Have you ever tried to correct someone who thought they knew - but what they knew was incorrect?"

Much of what you say is incorrect, wishful thinking and down-right asinine. However, I do feel sorry for you, as the other poster pointed out - you appear to be a sad and a lonely person? Who doesn't love his neighbor or fellow Christians, much less-that of himself.
Let you and I stand before the the Lord God
and He shall judge... not you...
Life for life
Soul for soul
winner takes all.

Will you honor your own words or not before the Lord God
or like all your brethren cut and run?

Do you accept the challenge

yay or nay cowpie?

If you do not answer or you do not reply with a "YES"
then all else will be taken as a "NO" you will not honor your own words
by standing with me before the living God in judgement.

This is the correct way to call out a liar.

Old 10-21-2021, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I try to live by them yes,
I say you are lying.
Care to go heads up before the Lord God?

Yes or no?

Old 10-21-2021, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I say you are lying.
Care to go heads up before the Lord God?

Yes or no?
Lol

Not going to react
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity