Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 11:04 PM

2 posts, read 1,089 times

Advertisements

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Salvation is a free gift. You can not earn it.

It is like a car if a gave my son a car it is his not mine. If he destroys it that is his fault that doesn't mean I took it from him.

Same thing with salvation it is a free gift eternal life that God gives us it is life that will not end unless we choose to kill it with sin.

It is our life to let live or kill with sin. We can not earn it it must be given to us from God.

And just like the car I gave my son, did I really give it to him if when he chooses to destroy it I don't let him. If I could stop him that would insinuate that it wasn't really his.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2021, 03:09 AM

9,698 posts, read 10,053,685 times
No, That is wrong, the saved through Christ is not under the law ....... They are to be an active oppose sin and work to stop all the time is the will of God ..... See the saved are under Jesus Christ, and His righteousness only, as people righteousness is like filthy rags, so repenting and resisting sin is the plan of God prefers ...... Do you know that sickness and disease and entertaining the devil is also sin and must be put down through faith in Christ

Old 10-01-2021, 05:16 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,013,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbg33 View Post
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

It is like a car if a gave my son a car it is his not mine. If he destroys it that is his fault that doesn't mean I took it from him.

Same thing with salvation it is a free gift eternal life that God gives us it is life that will not end unless we choose to kill it with sin.

It is our life to let live or kill with sin. We can not earn it it must be given to us from God.

And just like the car I gave my son, did I really give it to him if when he chooses to destroy it I don't let him. If I could stop him that would insinuate that it wasn't really his.

Every single Christian has sinned, yet there are followers of Jesus still today, in fact more than ever

Old 10-01-2021, 06:43 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,399,447 times
Quote:
Hi Jpbg33,
Welcome to the forum!

Do you have a Bible section or story that ties to your ‘car’ analogy ?

Old 10-01-2021, 06:58 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,185,184 times
Quote:

Sin:
"1st, an error of the understanding (cf. Ackermann, Das Christl. im Plato, p. 59 Anm. 3 (English translation (S. R. Asbury, 1861), p. 57 n. 99)). 2nd, a bad action, evil deed. In the N. T. always in an ethical sense,"
https://biblehub.com/greek/266.htm

"of God doth not commit sin" means not ignorant to commit evil things.

Old 10-01-2021, 08:14 AM

1,196 posts, read 756,800 times
Quote:
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. Salvation is a free gift. You can not earn it. Same thing with salvation it is a free gift eternal life that God gives us it is life that will not end unless we choose to kill it with sin. It is our life to let live or kill with sin. We can not earn it it must be given to us from God.
what many don't understand is that even a "Christian" is still a sinner by nature, (1John 1:8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us). we came out of our mother's womb, being sinners, though we have NOT committed any sins...yet, (Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me). Paul said at (Rom. 7:14-16), that being human, he's a slave to sin. he wants to do right, but he keeps sinning). this man was picked by Jesus to be his follower. so NO imperfect human is exempt from sin. what John is saying here is the those claiming to be of God. should NOT be WILLFULLY sinning. one who's born of God, means one who's trying hard to live in a way that's pleasing to God.

as Jesus said this ,(Matt. 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother). it's Jesus "FATHER's WILL", we MUST DO! are ALL "Christians" actually trying to do Jesus Father's will. or even trying to follow the lead Jesus set for us ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). NO!, those who willfully sin, such as Adultery, fornication, homosexuality, and refuse to change. is NOT considered Jesus Spiritual family. which means, they are NOT in God's eye's his Children. until they do away with those wicked traits of satan. peace

Old 10-01-2021, 08:37 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,180,593 times
Life in the Spirit

ROM:8 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.[a] 2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you[b] free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. 3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin,[c] he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit

Old 10-01-2021, 09:37 AM

11,169 posts, read 7,230,977 times
Humorous and bogus thread concept.

If you're human, and you're alive and breathing, chances are you're going to sin. You can fool yourself as though you're above it all, but even that could be sin, claiming you're divinely perfect and immune.

There are no saints and/or perfect people down here. OP - You must have missed the important point that Jesus was/is the only sinless person. That's why his death meant so much, once for all.

We've got a lot of really bizarre **** going on these days, and dangerous stumbling blocks of people calling themselves Christians, full of anti-biblical concepts. Don't think for a second that any of that escapes God's attention.

So.... you think Jesus' death on the cross wasn't good enough? You have to keep sticking up there again to do the trick, like in the OT, where people kept having to sacrifice animals over and over again? "According to the Bible" you might be talking like a fool.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 10-01-2021 at 09:47 AM..

Old 10-01-2021, 10:40 AM

33,351 posts, read 26,577,135 times
Quote:

You don't understand what John is saying in 1 John 3:9. He has already stated back in chapter one that we do sin and that when we sin as believers we are to acknowledge or confess our sins and that when we do those sins are forgiven.

What John is saying in 1 John 3:9 is that when the believer is 'born of God' he cannot sin. But being born of God here is synonymous with walking in the Spirit or being filled with the Spirit. At any given moment the believer is either filled with the Spirit and therefore is in a state of spirituality or he is not filled with the Spirit and is in a state of carnality and under the control of his sin nature. In order to sin the believer must make the decision to give into the temptation to commit some particular sin. As long as the believer resists the temptation he remains under the control and filling of the Holy Spirit and cannot sin. But if he decides to give into the temptation to sin he gets out of fellowship and loses the filling of the Spirit. He then can sin.

In other words, the believer in fellowship and under the control of the Holy Spirit cannot sin. But the believer out of of fellowship and under the control of his old sin nature can sin. To be restored to fellowship and regain the filling of the Spirit (not the indwelling of the Spirit which is an entirely different thing and is permanent) he has only to confess the sin to God as per 1 John 1:9.

Your thread's title, ''If Christians sin they are no longer Christians according to the Bible'' is unbiblical and based on a misunderstanding of what John was saying in 1 John 3:9.

Old 10-01-2021, 09:49 PM

89 posts, read 23,871 times
Quote:

1 John 3:8

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

A person that Sins Worships the Devil/Satan. The Anointing utterly Destroys the Works and Worship of the Satan/Devil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity