Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2021, 08:44 AM

1,091 posts, read 279,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Why would God want all men saved if He did not love them?
(1 Tim. 2:2-3)

Why was Jesus willing to die for all men if He did not love them? (John 12:32)

Why does the Lord not want anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance if He did not love them? (2 Peter 3:9)
Exactly right MissKate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 08:51 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,278,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Or, perhaps it is speaking of the soul:

Jacob = Spirit, the breath of God
Esau = Flesh, the fleshly carnal nature from the earth

Jacob = Sheep
Esau = Goat
Are you familiar with the Scriptures where Jacob and Esau are represented by nations? If so, can you cite them?

Are there Scriptures that refer to Jacob as sheep or Esau to goats?

Are there Scriptures that liken Jacob to Spirit or breath of God? Or Esau as flesh, the fleshly carnal nature of the earth?

Old 11-08-2021, 08:57 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,278,374 times
Quote:
You simply do not understand spiritual things. The words that Jesus spoke are words of the Spirit and they are life (Joh 6:63).

Look at the Greek text, again. If you want to place the emphasis on the subject pronoun of a verb, in this case the verb being "ἐργαζόμενοι", you would use a more personal pronoun such as "ὑμείς", not the definite article "οἱ" that can refer to other things in context.

And, Paul explains the spiritual context of what Jesus spoke of, here:

Gal 5:19 And manifest also are the works of the flesh, which are: Adultery, whoredom, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, strifes, emulations, wraths, rivalries, dissensions, sects,
Gal 5:21 envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revellings, and such like, of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that those doing such things the reign of God shall not inherit.

1Co 15:50 And this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood the reign of God is not able to inherit, nor doth the corruption inherit the incorruption;
Most folks do not get that the meaning of kingdom is “the rule and reign” of God or Christ.

Old 11-08-2021, 08:59 AM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Or, perhaps it is speaking of the soul:

Jacob = Spirit, the breath of God
Esau = Flesh, the fleshly carnal nature from the earth

Jacob = Sheep
Esau = Goat
I like it. We are firstborn as flesh and then we are "born again" as Spirit.

Old 11-08-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Are you familiar with the Scriptures where Jacob and Esau are represented by nations? If so, can you cite them?

Are there Scriptures that refer to Jacob as sheep or Esau to goats?

Are there Scriptures that liken Jacob to Spirit or breath of God? Or Esau as flesh, the fleshly carnal nature of the earth?
A specific scripture reference? not that I can think of right off. And, I'm too lazy to find one. My cat is walking back and forth across my keyboard and in front of the screen. So no, that's not going to happen, not now anyway.

I view similitudes by how specific characters are portrayed and depicted in scripture. I don't think spiritual truth is usually given by plain literal language found in our translations of the bible. But rather what is revealed to us comes by revelation while we study God's word in the Spirit.

Last edited by jjGuru; 11-08-2021 at 09:42 AM..

Old 11-08-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Most folks do not get that the meaning of kingdom is “the rule and reign” of God or Christ.
That's true. We like to think of "kingdom" being a spiritual Disneyland in the sky.

Old 11-08-2021, 12:21 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Hebrews 8

Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount. 6But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

The design of the tabernacle was taken and built according to human anatomy in 3 section.

These 3 sections are very simple showing 3 basic sections according to 3 types of people, and just as Hebrews 8 explains, that the design of the temple is to show us and teach us the 3 kingdoms of heaven.

The higher kingdom Jesus was always speaking about, The Zoe kingdom is the.greatest in the kingdom that few people will enter into, I certainly dont expect to be able to ener. No liar or theif or the sexual immoral will ever enter into the highrt Zoe kingdom.

There is also the least in the kingdom, and this is the court of Gentiles KNOWN AS THE OUTER COURT OF DARKNESS

There is also an in between kingdom, and all the people in all 3 kingdoms are saved.

Old 11-09-2021, 03:05 AM

4,641 posts, read 1,187,026 times
Did God Predestinate all without exception ? Eph 1:4-5

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Now some Translate the two words in love at the end of vs 4 and have them instead at the beginning of vs 5 as to read:

5 in love Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

The NIV reads :

4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he[a] predestined us for adoption to son ship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—

Here the period is put at the end of vs four after the word sight !

Now this being the case, and since God's Love here is the same as that in Jn 3:16, then we must suppose that God has predestined all without exception for adoption to Sonship in accordance with His Pleasure and will. So all without exception shall attain to The Image of Christ Rom 8:29

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Now if all without exception are not predestinated unto this Image and attain unto it, God and His Love and His Predestination have failed.

Old 11-09-2021, 03:07 AM

4,641 posts, read 1,187,026 times
Quote:
Why would God want all men saved if He did not love them?
(1 Tim. 2:2-3)

Why was Jesus willing to die for all men if He did not love them? (John 12:32)

Why does the Lord not want anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance if He did not love them? (2 Peter 3:9)
Those verses are restricted to Gods Chosen.

Old 11-09-2021, 04:02 AM

2,673 posts, read 2,237,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
What are the requirements given to us in the Bible for survival?

Why not just read the Bible for yourself? Start with the new testament for this question. Why do you want to hear what I think first?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity