Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2021, 07:25 AM

1,091 posts, read 279,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
He never knew them, the person.
We're not to know any man according to the flesh. And for the very reason that Christ tells the flesh "I never knew you".

2Co 5:14 for the love of the Christ doth constrain us, having judged thus: that if one for all died, then the whole died,
2Co 5:15 and for all he died, that those living, no more to themselves may live, but to him who died for them, and was raised again.
2Co 5:16 So that we henceforth have known no one according to the flesh, and even if we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know him no more;
2Co 5:17 so that if any one is in Christ— he is a new creature; the old things did pass away, lo, become new have the all things.
2Co 5:18 And the all things are of God, who reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and did give to us the ministration of the reconciliation,
2Co 5:19 how that God was in Christ—a world reconciling to Himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses; and having put in us the word of the reconciliation,

And the reason we're not to know anyone (not even one) according to the flesh is that Christ died for all (v.14) and that God was in Christ and reconciled the world to Himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses (v.19).

You need to get with the program my friend, and quit knowing your fellowman according to the flesh. But rather see the soul as God does, as a soul that Christ died for and that God reconciled to Himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
What you mean how so ? Jesus tells men He never knew them, and you resist it by your response. Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I've already answered this in numerous posts. Out of curiosity, is English your first language? If not, pardon my being short with you. At this point, I'm not sure if I should continue the conversation.

Old 11-12-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
He called or named all without exception!

And if God called [named] all without exception, Them, He Justified all without exception.

Interesting also about the word called here in vs 30, its not the same word in vs 28 where the word for call is klētos which means:

called, invited (to a banquet)33

a) invited (by God in the proclamation of the Gospel) to obtain eternal salvation in the kingdom through Christ

This word means more of an invite or a Divine summons

The word for called in vs 30 is the word kaleō which means:

to call

a) to call aloud, utter in a loud voice

b) to invite

2) to call i.e. to name, by name

a) to give a name to

1) to receive the name of, receive as a name

2) to give some name to one, call his name

It means to call by Name, or name someone, for instance here Matt 1:21

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

So this call refers to God naming those that are His. Remember in John 10:

To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

So the called in Rom 8:30 is the naming of the Sheep, and so as we continue to look at those God Loved, if its all mankind without exception, then all mankind without exception has been named, all are His Sheep, His own Sheep. If that is True, then we have serious problems with what Jesus said to some of the unbelieving jews of His day, notice John 10:26

26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Also, we have a problem with Jesus statement here in Matt 7:23

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This would be a flat out lie and contradiction if Jesus Loved them, and they were His Sheep once, because its written here John 10:14

14I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

So if Christ Loved them, He knew them as His Sheep, and that would make Christ a Liar if He states to them in Matt 7:23 He NEVER KNEW THEM !

All this is the ramifications of insisting that God,and the Lord Jesus Christ loved all mankind without exception, the scriptures lead to this conclusion !
It's not the flesh that is being called or justified, but rather the soul according to the spirit. This has been your doctrinal error in all of your posts, and the regrettable serpent seed doctrines you've been espousing. You're unable to separate the concepts of flesh and spirit. You're conflating the two elements of the soul which leads you to miss understand the text.

Regarding the Greek word "καλέω". This term is specifically used by Christ to "call" sinners to repentance, here:

Luk 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

And, all are sinners (Rom 3:23), and consequently all are called. And, as you've stated yourself, all the called are justified, (and they are: Rom 5:18, and freely so by grace: Rom 3:24), and also will be glorified (Rom 8:30).

Old 11-12-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
You resisting the Truth.
Quote:
What you mean how so ?....
Are you drunk when you post here? I'm serious...I'm not sure if I'm being played or not.

Old 11-12-2021, 11:15 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Are you drunk when you post here? I'm serious...I'm not sure if I'm being played or not.
There is a name for that kind of poster that we are not allowed to use, JJ.

Old 11-12-2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is a name for that kind of poster that we are not allowed to use, JJ.
I think you're right. This thread is becoming ridiculous. It's also happening on the UR thread too. It might be best not to engage with him/her further.

Old 11-13-2021, 06:45 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,187,026 times
Now them He called or named He also Justified, observe Rom 8:29

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Now remember, we are following the thought that God Loved all mankind without exception. And since He supposedly did, then He must have in Love Predestinated all mankind without exception unto the adoption of Children as stated in Eph 1:4-5

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Now, with that connection, All whom He predestinated He foreknew Paul says in Rom 8:29

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

So we arrive at our next step in God's predestination to them He loved, and that is them He Justified. So according to them who teach God Loved all men without exception, to be consistent, then they must believe and teach all men without exception are Justified before God. The word Justified is the greek word dikaioō and means:

to render righteous or such he ought to be

2) to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered

3) to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

It means to be declared righteous.

So everyone because God Loved them, are declared righteous, there should not be one unrighteous person of all mankind according to this view. Everyone is righteous, or else God's predestination is a farce and failure.

Old 11-13-2021, 06:47 AM

Quote:
It's not the flesh that is being called or justified, but rather the soul according to the spirit. This has been your doctrinal error in all of your posts, and the regrettable serpent seed doctrines you've been espousing. You're unable to separate the concepts of flesh and spirit. You're conflating the two elements of the soul which leads you to miss understand the text.

Regarding the Greek word "καλέω". This term is specifically used by Christ to "call" sinners to repentance, here:

Luk 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

And, all are sinners (Rom 3:23), and consequently all are called. And, as you've stated yourself, all the called are justified, (and they are: Rom 5:18, and freely so by grace: Rom 3:24), and also will be glorified (Rom 8:30).
More denial of scripture and twisting it.

Old 11-13-2021, 06:49 AM

Quote:
I've already answered this in numerous posts. Out of curiosity, is English your first language? If not, pardon my being short with you. At this point, I'm not sure if I should continue the conversation.
You have answered it with denial. But its truth, some Jesus will tell them I never knew you, depart from me. Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Thats rejection not Love !

Old 11-13-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
More denial of scripture and twisting it.
And yet you have no actual response to any of my comments and the scriptures given. Anyone can say: "it's denial and twisting, DENIAL AND TWISTING I SAY!!!!" lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity