Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2022, 05:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I am wondering if you ever read Revelation 7:14, 9 because that great crowd of verse 9 go through the great tribulation mentioned at verse 14.
So, the figurative humble ' sheep ' at Jesus' coming Glory Time of Matthew 25:31-33,37 can remain alive on Earth, and be here on Earth to not only see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000 year reign over Earth, but with the opportunity to gain everlasting life right here on Earth without ever having to die because Jesus will bring an end to enemy death on Earth - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
Yes, I've read that but I am speaking generally. No one is promised another breath, generally. Christians aren't promised a pain free life here on earth either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2022, 11:26 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
God's discriminating Love !

Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

That God does not Love all men, but in fact that He hates some, is seen here in this most hated by natural man portion of Truth, and if this verse was not enough for there is another that even more so reveals God's hate for Esau and Love for Jacob Mal 1:2-3

2 I have loved you, saith the Lord. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the Lord: yet I loved Jacob,

3 And I hated Esau,
and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Thats discriminant Love. This hate is not a sinful passion of hatred like Titus 3:3

3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

And God's hate of an individual does not deny them creature comforts, His providential care as their Creator, thats clear from Jesus words here Matt 5:44-45

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:r for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth gain on the just and on the unjust.

God forbids His Children to ck human compassion for his fellow creature [though they may be a enemy to Truth] they are still from a creature perspective his neighbor. Jesus Illustrates this point here Lk 10:29-36

29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?

30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

In Vs 33 that word compassion is the greek word splagchnizomai and means:

to be moved as to one's bowels, hence to be moved with compassion, have compassion (for the bowels were thought to be the seat of love and pity)

Let me give you an example of how this can practically play out. Those who are false gospel preachers and enemies in the gospel like those of Gal 1:8-9 or those false teachers who come bringing a false doctrine of Christ and believers are to show them no hospitality whatsoever as Per 2 Jn 2:1:10

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

Now in this situation no hospitality should even be allowed. Now, if this same person was seen by us perhaps in a burning car and could use our help in saving their life, then we should not lack the human compassion to attempt to save that persons life in any way feasible, just because they are an enemies of the Truth ! There should be a love or a compassion in us to aide that person even though from a spiritual stand point they are our enemy. We still should not ever invite them to hospitality in our homes as before in 2 Jn 2:1:10

A person does not have to be another believer in order for us to show human compassion for them which is another form of love !

Yes, I believe God Loves the non elect in that capacity as their Creator, not as their Heavenly Father, and God's Children should Love the non elect in that way but not as their brothers in Christ !

Even in natural things of doing good, preference should be made to those of the Household of Faith over the unbeliever Gal 6:10

As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Even that imperative is discriminating!
This sick bigotry is so deeply embedded in your psyche that you will spend more time than most in the corrective lake of fire, IMO. You have no concept of agape love and forgiveness as demonstrated by Jesus on the Cross. Sad, very sad!

Old 01-10-2022, 04:41 PM

4,636 posts, read 1,179,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This sick bigotry is so deeply embedded in your psyche that you will spend more time than most in the corrective lake of fire, IMO. You have no concept of agape love and forgiveness as demonstrated by Jesus on the Cross. Sad, very sad!
Gods love is discriminate towards His Elect alone.

Old 01-10-2022, 06:24 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Gods love is discriminate towards His Elect alone.
This belief comes from being indoctrinated that you are special and those unlike you are not. If he causes his sun to shine on the righteous AND unrighteous, then who you to claim God is discriminatory with his love ?

Old 01-10-2022, 06:58 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This belief comes from being indoctrinated that you are special and those unlike you are not. If he causes his sun to shine on the righteous AND unrighteous, then who you to claim God is discriminatory with his love ?

God desires no one to perish. Those that will not listen to him, its their fault not his. God promised in Psalm 37:9-11, 29--only the righteous will possess the earth and reside forever upon it. He will remove the wicked.

Old 01-10-2022, 07:14 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
God desires no one to perish. Those that will not listen to him, its their fault not his. God promised in Psalm 37:9-11, 29--only the righteous will possess the earth and reside forever upon it. He will remove the wicked.
Brightfame is saying that God decided who were His elect, NOT anything we do or do not do. That is preposterous.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:13 AM

God's discriminating Love ! 2

Now Esau whom God stated that He hated did bless him with providential blessings and comforts, but these are no indications that He Loved him, but merely provided for him as He does all His creatures See Gen 36:6.

However the Love that God had for His Elect Jacob that He did not have for esau, a Love that esau and all non elect persons are excluded from, they being rejected of the Lord,is a hate of exclusion from Eternal Love in Christ Jesus. They are excluded from this Love Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Remember Jesus prayer and He said this about His disciples and believers Jn 17:23-24

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Thats the Love of God in Christ Jesus, Loved before the foundation of the World even as Christ was Loved.

The non elect like the esau's are excluded from that Love, and so hated !

All outside of this exclusive Love of God, for in the original it reads with the definite article:

της αγαπης του θεου της εν χÏιστω ιησου τω κυÏιω ημων

Then we are viewed by God only as workers of Iniquity whom God hates Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Remember these Jesus said of Matt 25:1-2

Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

And are these not the same as here Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The foolish virgins and they that work iniquity are the same that God hates, and they are excluded from the Kingdom of His Love !

Old 01-11-2022, 09:42 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Brightfame is saying that God decided who were His elect, NOT anything we do or do not do. That is preposterous.

The bible says--They have washed their robes white. Rev 7:14-- so it was they who have done that, by listening To Gods son who said--Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God.= learning them and applying them.

Old 01-12-2022, 08:03 AM

For His Great love wherewith He loved us ?

Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

If God so Loved all men without exception as it is falsely believed today, that Great Love that it is, That word Great denotes: Strong , Intense,Large Love, then why did He not because of it by,Quicken them all without exception while they were dead in trespasses and sins, as stated here that He did or those He Loved Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

Notice that this quickening occurs, even when or while we ourselves are being dead in sin.

Now this is key, because this quickening takes place even while we are in a present state of rebellion and unbelief, its while being [present tense] dead in sin. Its similar to when or while we were being enemies, we were reconciled to God.

Quickening does not come as a result of ones faith, repentance, and contrition over sin, but it comes while we are in the grasp of spiritual death and "we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind;"

Similar to the Apostle Paul at the time his quickening took place, it was while he was in a hateful rage against Christ and his followers See Acts 9:1ff

The only condition for this quickening on the sinners part is to be dead in sin, and on God's part, that He Loved them with a Great Love while they were dead in sin and rebellion !

So why aren't all men without exception quickened ? That word quicken literally means [I make alive together with.]

The reason why God did not do that to all mankind without exception is because He does not Love all mankind without exception !

Old 01-13-2022, 07:57 AM

Discriminating Love of Jesus Christ !

Here we have the discriminating Love from the Saviour's Mouth Rev 3:19

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Now if Christ Loved all men without exception,why the discriminating statement here " as many as I Love " ?

He goes on to say of them He Loves, that He rebukes and chastens, and to them He commands to Repent !

The Fact is this, Christ does not Love all men without exception, and they are without chastisement from Him Heb 12:5-8

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all[Sons] are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Christ Loves only His Own in this wicked World Jn 13:1

Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Now something I will add in this regard, Remember the Rich Young Ruler of whom it is said Jesus Loved ? Mk 10:17-22

17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.

21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

Now remember, Heb 12:5-8,11 about chastening ? Notice Vs 11

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

That word grievous is the same word grieved as in Mk 10:22, so Jesus Loved that young ruler and made Him feel grief, because He was chastening him because He Loved him !

I have no doubt that the Young Man will be in Glory, because Jesus Loved Him ! Whose Love is discriminate !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity