Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2022, 04:22 AM

4,670 posts, read 1,220,266 times

Advertisements

Another portion of scripture that proves that if God Loved us, as He did these Jn 3:16;13:1, then He makes us Alive as Per Eph 2:4-5 shows, it is this one 1 Pet 1:1-3, and again His Love is adjoined with His Mercy. Lets notice Vs 3 1Pet 1:1-3

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The objects of His Love /Foreknowledge are begotten again according to his abundant mercy

This is the same as what Paul wrote here Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

"according to his mercy he saved us", saved us here = " begotten us again " in 1 Pet 1:3.

But you may ask, exactly how are the said to be Loved by God in this passage ? Its by the word foreknowledge in Vs 2 which can also be rendered foreloved, denoting an Intimacy of affection and possession.

The word foreknowledge is comprised of Two Greek words, one being the word ginōskō:

I.
to learn to know, come to know, get a knowledge of perceive, feel
A.
to become known

II.
to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of
A.
to understand

B.
to know

III.
Jewish idiom for sexual intercourse between a man and a woman

IV.
to become acquainted with, to know

It is used here in 1 Cor 8:3

But if any man love God, the same is known G1097 of him.

But one may object and say that this verse speaks of one Loviing God, Yes correct, but what is the cause of that ? 1 Jn 4:19

19 We love him, because he first loved us. So back to 1 Cor 8:3, to be known of Him means to be first Loved by Him, and all for whom God so Loved, are Loved in and through Jesus Christ Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Which Love does predate the beginning of the World Jn 17:23-24

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

And all So Loved by God Jn 3:16, do experience an application of His Love through Christ and His Mercy by being begotten again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the Dead 1 Pet 1:1-3, it is impossible to be Loved by God, and not be begotten again, or made alive by it Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

The Love of God in Jn 3:16 is that same Great Love in Eph 2:4 and it has the same operating effect ! God does not just Love in word only, but in deed also !190
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2022, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are mired in OT ignorance and superstition. As long as your mind and heart can accept and claim to love a God of wrath, vengeance, and hatred, your mind is not remotely close to Jesus or God. That should worry you, but it doesn't seem to.
Ps 5:5 is scripture, Gods word ! You reject it. For it is written 2 Tim 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

This was written in NT times, however scripture would have been OT scripture Paul is referring to !

Old 01-24-2022, 11:54 AM

63,977 posts, read 40,262,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Ps 5:5 is scripture, Gods word ! You reject it. For it is written 2 Tim 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

This was written in NT times, however scripture would have been OT scripture Paul is referring to !
Profitable simply means useful, NOT inerrant or infallible! It was useful for our ancestors' primitive and carnal minds who believed in a wrathful and vengeful War God. But we should be able to interpret it using God's True Nature and Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus on the Cross. That the religious leaders did NOT do that is a travesty of human vanity and hubris.

Old 01-25-2022, 03:22 AM

Love to Christ and God evidence God's Love !

Love to Christ and God evidence God's Love for us, if He Loved us. Do you want to know who it is God So Loved here Jn 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Its is them, and them only that reciprocate that Love to Him and His Son the Lord Jesus Christ, not that Loving them is conditional in any way, but that its evidential as in indicativeof Him having first Loved Us !

For He Loved those He Loved while they were yet sinners and dead in trespasses and sins as proved here Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

When we are dead in sin, God is our enemy in our minds Col 1:21

21 And you, that were sometime alienated[dead in sin] and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

However, the Result of His Loving them despite themselves, is that they do receive a Circumcised Heart to Love Him.

Remember Deut 30:6

6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Now lets read Jesus words to His Disciples that He had Chosen Jn 16:27

27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

In other words, Jesus is saying their Love of Him is evidential of the Fathers Love to them Jn 3:16.

Jesus once said to a group of people, even physical ethnic jews this Jn 8:42

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

That's a deep Truth, but Truth nonetheless. Their lack of Love to Christ was an evidence that God was not their Father, and remember later Jesus tells His Chosen Disciples, save judas, this Jn 16:27

27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

If God is Our Father, it will result in Love to Christ Jn 8:42 !

Now I cannot understand for the life of me, how and why people read these words in Jn 8:42, and yet insist that all mankind without exception have God as their Father, it makes no sense and totally ignores the main implication of the verse, and again these were even ethnic jews who did have Abraham physically for their father as Per Jn 8:37

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. See Rom 9:8 !

Listen, all men and women whom God Loved, He Loved them in Christ before the foundation of the world, and all of them shall by Spiritual Heart Circumcision, another name for New Birth, shall be given a New Heart to Love God and Christ, and so we rad 1 Jn 4:19

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

The word because hoti a conjunction meaning:

I.that, because, since. It means primarily the reason why, we now love Him or due to the fact that.

We Love Him now due to the fact that He first Loved us !

Old 01-25-2022, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Profitable simply means useful, NOT inerrant or infallible! It was useful for our ancestors' primitive and carnal minds who believed in a wrathful and vengeful War God. But we should be able to interpret it using God's True Nature and Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus on the Cross. That the religious leaders did NOT do that is a travesty of human vanity and hubris.
Now you scoffing scripture. Scripture shows God hates some people Ps 5:5

Old 01-25-2022, 11:19 AM

63,977 posts, read 40,262,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Now you scoffing scripture. Scripture shows God hates some people Ps 5:5
The God revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ does not hate anyone, period! Hate is a dysfunctional human emotional response born of our human psychological weaknesses. God has none!

Old 01-25-2022, 11:17 PM

1 posts, read 330 times
I believe we are in beginning stages of the end. What do you think of these sounds? https://youtu.be/vld8T-PyeKs

Old 01-26-2022, 03:12 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,369,636 times
Quote:
The God revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ does not hate anyone, period! Hate is a dysfunctional human emotional response born of our human psychological weaknesses. God has none!

Old 01-26-2022, 09:01 AM

Love to Christ and God evidence God's Love !2

Now why is it that those God So Loved Jn 3:16, eventually come to Love Him and Christ ? Well first and foremost of all, Those God the Father Loved , He gave His Son to die for them Jn 3:16 and Rom 8:32-34

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Notice, this is important and often overlooked, something, because things come with the Giving of Christ. The word with is the word sun and means:

with, together with . Even though it does not expressly say this in Jn 3:16, its none the less True and is stated here, and together with giving Christ He gave them all things. The word gave charizomai:

I show favor to, (b) I pardon, forgive, (c) I show kindness.

I.to do something pleasant or agreeable (to one), to do a favour to, gratify

A.to show one's self gracious, kind, benevolent

B.to grant forgiveness, to pardon

C.to give graciously, give freely, bestow

i.to forgive

ii.graciously to restore one to another

iii.to preserve for one a person in peril

John Gill writes of this portion:

how shall he not with him freely give us all things? Christ is God's free gift to his elect; he is given to be a covenant to them, an head over them, a Saviour of them, and as the bread of life for them to live upon: he is freely given; God could never have been compelled to have given him; Christ could never have been merited by them; nothing that they could give or do could have laid him under obligation to have bestowed him on them; yea, such were the persons, and such their characters, for whom he delivered him up, that he might have justly stirred up all his wrath against them; and yet such was his grace, that he has given his own Son unto them; and not him alone, but "all things" with him: all temporal good things, needful and convenient; all spiritual blessings, a justifying righteousness, pardon of sin, sanctifying grace, adoption, and eternal life: and all "freely", in a sovereign way, according to his own good will and pleasure, without any obligation or compulsion; not grudgingly nor *****rdly, but cheerfully and bountifully, absolutely, and without any conditions; for he is not moved thereunto by anything in them, or performed by them.

All for whom Christ died for, as a Gracious Gift of Grace, By His Death alone they are given a Permanent Sanctification Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

This word sanctified is:

I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify.

And its in the Perfect Tense. Its permanently done and results remain to the present !

Now this Sanctification does ensure as an confirmation and evidence of Christ's Sanctification by His Death, a Sanctification by the Spirit of God, and all whom Christ's Death Sanctified, its expedient/appropriate for the Spirit to Sanctify and Set them apart for God's Service, 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Its stated another way here Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

All whom He redeemed by being made a Curse for, shall receive the Promise of the Spirit, it shall come upon them !

Now this Work of the Spirit is How their Spiritual Head and Father, Christ, gives them the Covenant Blessing of Spiritual Circumcision of the Heart, and with this comes to pass the Promise of Deut 30:6

6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

The Spirit is Given along with Christ, and He sheds the Love of God in Our Heart Rom 5:5

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

The Love here is Love to God, because the giving of the Spirit brings with is His Fruit of which Love is among them Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

This Love given by the Spirit causes us to Love God, Christ, and Our True Brethren in the Lord, Our Spiritual Family in God. 1 Jn 4:7-13

7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. His Spirit which causes us to Love God and His People.

These things must and will be, If indeed God So Loved Us Jn 3:16 !

Old 01-26-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Scripture shows God hates some people Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity